Author Topic: Amazing put back by Bogut  (Read 1752 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Amazing put back by Bogut
« on: December 20, 2005, 11:03:13 PM »
Bogut saved the game for the bucks in a big way!  Dont know if any of you saw it or not, but he saved them from going into a double OT...SA goes to New York tomorrow to play the knicks, This could be another loss considering how badly they have been playing...SA shot 81 percent in the first quarter and lost this game, with Tim fouling out.  Very weak performance on thier part, but they can and will turn this around.  No doubt about that, just waiting for Pop to finally explode...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 08:45:27 AM »
Spursx3

You are too optimistic about Spurs performance. They played the first 10-15 games of the season well, but after that, it not upto the mark (losing to mediocre teams and narrowly winning some games). Tim had very bad games in between..
Luckily for them, Dallas and Phoenix are also struggling!!

You don't get that feeling with Detroit. I look forward to the Christmas day match.

In the mean time, Lakers have nicely pulled together and Kobe is playing some great ball. Let us see if Spurs and lakers meet in the playoffs.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 09:46:39 AM »
I wouldn't worry about the Spurs too much.  They've got all the pieces and tons of experience.  I expect the Spurs to cruise to the WC Finals, they'll probably meet the Suns again but it won't be as close as last year.

The finals are another story, I really don't know what to expect at that point, the Spurs have STILL not shaken the "choker" mentality.  Facing a reinvigorated Pistons team could be a big problem.  Facing Shaq and Wade would be a disaster.

Still, IMO, this is the best shot the Spurs have repeating as NBA champs.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 10:07:06 AM »
I wouldn't worry about the Spurs too much.  They've got all the pieces and tons of experience.  I expect the Spurs to cruise to the WC Finals, they'll probably meet the Suns again but it won't be as close as last year.

The finals are another story, I really don't know what to expect at that point, the Spurs have STILL not shaken the "choker" mentality.  Facing a reinvigorated Pistons team could be a big problem.  Facing Shaq and Wade would be a disaster.

Still, IMO, this is the best shot the Spurs have repeating as NBA champs.
I am not woried about the Spurs, they do this every year.  No biggie, Pop will get them in line and rolling after the all star break like he always does, as for the East - the only real monsters I am worried about is Indiana and Detroit.  Flip has given Detroit a nice new offense and they still have thier defensive mentality to boot.  If they have home court advantage it could be our downfall, then agin, you never know, Manu will hopefully be back soon and we should start winning again with our big three.  What's really funny is watching these teams that have beaten us after they win.  it's like they won the finals or something, hands go up in the air, the crowd jumps and hollers the team runs to mid court to hug each other...was it like that with the lakers? the pistons?  I can't remember.  I know we used to get pumped up when we beat La during thier title runs...mostly due to PJ and Shaqs comments more so than the fact that they were champs.  They just annoyed the hell out of us in the media.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 10:19:08 AM »
What's really funny is watching these teams that have beaten us after they win.  it's like they won the finals or something, hands go up in the air, the crowd jumps and hollers the team runs to mid court to hug each other...was it like that with the lakers? the pistons?
It's always been that way, even now when the Lakers have NO shot at a title, teams, actually the fans, celebrate way too much.

For the Spurs it's cause they are the current champs, not cause people hate the Spurs.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 11:29:40 AM »
W.O.W as for the playoffs I agree that the Spurs could have trouble with the Heat because Shaq in the half court set is a monster......but all the other teams??  When the tempo slows down and the physical play jumps up because its playoff time the Spurs still have the upper hand over everyone IMO.  Their half court set on the offensive end during the playoffs over the last 4 has been impressive and no need to mention how great their team defense is.

X3 is right though, the Spurs hit slick road in every season and by the time the last 20 games of the year come around they are back on the same page and doing their thing.  LOL @ the winning the finals comment.  Thats what happens when your team is the best in the league x3  :up:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 11:30:12 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005, 12:13:00 PM »
Bogut saved the game for the bucks in a big way!  Dont know if any of you saw it or not, but he saved them from going into a double OT...  Very weak performance on thier part, but they can and will turn this around.  No doubt about that, just waiting for Pop to finally explode...
Who was guarding Bogut?  Both on tying hoop and ridiculous 0.7 shot?

I caved into a viewing of King Kong.  Sucked.

Okay saw it.
On tying basket, pathetic non box out by
a.  Finley as Bogut came for the putback from the top of the arc all the way down.  Finley could easily have cut him off just inside the foul line.

b.  even after that breakdown, Tony P correctly put some body on Bogut.  It was like an ant but at least it slowed him a tiny bit.  

c.  Barry had position all along under the rim.  Bogut was closing yet still a couple feet behind him when ball started down.  Rebounding 101:  Back up into the offensive would-be-rebounder when you have position at the rim.  Give yourself more room/him less room  in case the ball carooms.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 12:33:56 PM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005, 12:27:50 PM »
Reality,

I'm getting a little bit sick and tired of your Shaq comments.  He's not even a Laker anymore so SHUT UP!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005, 12:33:39 PM »
Bogut saved the game for the bucks in a big way!  Dont know if any of you saw it or not, but he saved them from going into a double OT...  Very weak performance on thier part, but they can and will turn this around.  No doubt about that, just waiting for Pop to finally explode...

It wanst, Oberto, or Nazr...it was Rasho......not that it mattered.  All Bogut did realy was elevate, and turn in the air to shoot in one fluid motion.  pretty nice shot.  Don't know if he could do that again, but hey they won so it doesnt matter.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2005, 12:46:22 PM »

I caved into a viewing of King Kong.  Sucked. [/QUOTE]
It wanst, Oberto, or Nazr...it was Rasho......not that it mattered.  All Bogut did realy was elevate, and turn in the air to shoot in one fluid motion.  pretty nice shot.  Don't know if he could do that again, but hey they won so it doesnt matter. [/quote]
 Pish-posh it doesnt matter.  See above on the tying shot.  Plenty of opps to stop Bogut on the tyer.

As for "All he did is elevate and shoot and it doesnt matter since they won.
If all it takes for the softie Spurs D to get beat is "to elevate and swish" then they need work.  And they do.  I do not see why Rasho is pulling the big minutes and that final play :nonono:   this was not Dareek Swisher that if Manu had even came within 6 inches would have been free throws.  

Should have been a two man attack on Bogus.  Bowen came over but late because he had to avoid the Defensive call.  Other forwards had head up arses.  That shot should not have happened.

Again the tying one was worse.

Look at the non box outs:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=251220015

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2005, 03:04:21 PM »

Again the tying one was worse.

Look at the non box outs:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=251220015
Actually if they play enough of the clip you will see Bogut push Parker in the back before grabbing the rebound and tying the game.

As far as the final shot.....it could have gone either way.  Bogut & Rasho were wrestling under the basket in a way only two 7 foot whiteys can.  Bogut broke loose and threw the ball up and scored.

Funny thing was near the end of regulation on Duncan's fifth foul.  Bogut did an oscar winning acting job flying to the sidelines like a 90 lb weakling when Tim jostled him for position under the boards.  It was amazing how much respect the rookie got from the refs in the 4th period and OT.

And to comment on the worrying...no need to.  Pop is still experimenting with lineups.  Still giving Van Exel, Horry and Finley (until Manu got hurt) nights off.  There have been very few times anyone has played 40 minutes in a game yet this year.  Wait until January when Pop starts to tighten up the rotation and settles on his top 8-9 players.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Guest_Randy

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2005, 04:18:31 PM »
Lurker

Funny thing was near the end of regulation on Duncan's fifth foul. Bogut did an oscar winning acting job flying to the sidelines like a 90 lb weakling when Tim jostled him for position under the boards. It was amazing how much respect the rookie got from the refs in the 4th period and OT.

You mean Bogut ISN'T a 90 lb weakling?  I certainly would have voted for him in that award category!

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2005, 11:49:36 AM »

Actually if they play enough of the clip you will see Bogut push Parker in the back before grabbing the rebound and tying the game.

Funny thing was near the end of regulation on Duncan's fifth foul.  Bogut did an oscar winning acting job flying to the sidelines like a 90 lb weakling when Tim jostled him for position under the boards.  It was amazing how much respect the rookie got from the refs in the 4th period and OT.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Lurker, you're killing me here!! :D  :D  :D

I mean, it's the SPURS....THE... SPURS!!!!

To even MENTION anything about any officiating going against San Antonio, especially on perceived non-calls is a bit condescending if you think about it.

Do you REALLY think the majority of the people here give a damn about that kind of thing in games involving the Pistons, or the Heat, or the Spurs?

:D  :D  :D  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."