Author Topic: Sixers vs. Lakers  (Read 2434 times)

rickortreat

Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2005, 09:09:53 PM »
What is this idot time?

Randy-

Out of my post you totally most of it, and only respond to When Kobe first got booed.  You're right, it was the All Star game where Kobe was first quoted as saying negative things about the city.  I had forgotten all about that, but he was starting with his crap back then.

Once again, The point is that Kobe can diss the people where he's from if he likes, but he's no longer welcome here.

Next, how did you come up with this idiotic question?

As for "taking their heart out" -- do you really think that Kobe was: 1) actually looking forward to coming to Philly and removing each individuals heart; and/or 2) do you think he was talking about what he was going to do to the Sixers on the court?

He was talking about how the people would feel about what he did to the Sixers, what else?

You totally ignore that I said the whole Sixers team was involved in stopping Kobe, and then you ignore what I wrote about preferential treatment.

Thanks -- I had a great time -- their conversation was much more intelligent and reasonable than your discourse!

I'd suggest that you continue to call people juvenile names -- it helps your posting IQ a great deal!

Apparently the Third graders miss the fact that you ignore most of what they say and never respond where you prove them wrong.  I guess you would have a great time with anyone who would ignore your childishness, instead of telling it like it is.  

Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2005, 10:04:37 PM »
You're right, it was the All Star game where Kobe was first quoted as saying negative things about the city. I had forgotten all about that, but he was starting with his crap back then.

Once again, The point is that Kobe can diss the people where he's from if he likes, but he's no longer welcome here.

Hmm, forgot about that -- that's almost like admitting you were wrong!

And I had no idea you speak for an entire city -- I've lived in quite a few states west of the Mississippi -- can I speak for them?

He was the one who brought up "preferrential treatment" and implied that Iggy was getting away with things guarding Kobe. Frankly, I think it was the other way around. Those two shots that Kobe made at the end of the game intiiated with drives where he was pushing Iggy away with his off hand. The refs could easilly have called fouls on both drives. That IS preferential treatment. It can't be than anyone could pick Kobe's pocket clean is it? It couldn't be that Igoudala is quick enough and good enough to block Kobe's shot, could it?

Umm, I've seen your judgement when it comes your team, Rick.  It's incredibly biased and unobjective (see Dalembert's All-Star status as a point of reference).  The fact is that EVERY star in this league gets calls but simply buying your assessment of a Sixer game is a bit much -- I don't think you could be objective about the Sixers even if you wanted to (and it's obvious that you don't).

And by-the-way, first recognize who wrote that post -- it was Reality!  When was the last time you EVER read something that Reality wrote that was positive about ANYTHING that had to do with anything purple and gold.  The sarcasm was so thick you could cut it with a knife -- everyone else got it (except you, of course).  

Apparently the Third graders miss the fact that you ignore most of what they say and never respond where you prove them wrong. I guess you would have a great time with anyone who would ignore your childishness, instead of telling it like it is.

Umm, did you mention childishness?

C'mon wussy boy, make you're points or piss off!

Well, can you punk?

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  

Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2005, 10:07:25 PM »
When? Where? Before he said that, Philly fans were proud that he was from here.

Rick, Kobe had his dissenters before he entered the NBA, in what some perceived as a diss to LaSalle.  Not everyone in Philly was proud of him.

Anyway, I think we're losing site of a great individual and team (from the 76ers?  First time all season) defensive performance.   Igs plays 46:39 against the most prolific offensive player in the game, holds him to 7-27 shooting, collects 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 block and 0 fouls, and we're debating about when a comment was made.  Geez.

Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2005, 10:08:20 PM »
that was dbodner(-lazy)

guest-koast

Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2005, 12:02:14 AM »
When? Where? Before he said that, Philly fans were proud that he was from here.

Rick, Kobe had his dissenters before he entered the NBA, in what some perceived as a diss to LaSalle.  Not everyone in Philly was proud of him.

Anyway, I think we're losing site of a great individual and team (from the 76ers?  First time all season) defensive performance.   Igs plays 46:39 against the most prolific offensive player in the game, holds him to 7-27 shooting, collects 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 block and 0 fouls, and we're debating about when a comment was made.  Geez.
Yea I dont see why comments are the focus of this thread when Ig really stuck it to the best scorer in the league.  If I were you Rick I'd spend more time talking about how well the team defense was when it came to dribble penetration and rebounding.

guest-koast

Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2005, 10:24:11 AM »
Let me get this straight:

Rick, you are being very immature. If AI comes out and says he wants to rip the hearts out of LA fans with his play on the court you would be speaking on how he is improving his leadership. Arent us Laker fans the ones percieved as being sore losers, babies, and chest beaters?

You create a hypothetical condition with AI that has never occurred, he never says anything negative about other places, unlike your friends in Sacramento.  And then you create another hypothetical statement about how I would react to that!

What kind of logic do you call that!?!    :crazy:
Yea I did create a hypothetical situation.  To prove a point, which is if AI said this then there would be no problem.  You would not get huffy if he had said that to say LA fans.  AI is such a stand up guy.  He never says things that are inappropriate, he just makes rap songs about them!  Self proclaimed crook even LOL.

For the year 2G the rap game change for one name
Jewelz aim to slain anything on this plane
Remains are found when the best kept secret get heated
You went platinum wit a ghost writer,
so in the game you won you cheated
My slang bang when you need it
You man enuff to pull a gun be man enuff to squeeze it
(*gunshots*) Die if you don't believe it
Anything to do wit millions I'ma be wit it
Hats off to the hardcore niggaz FUCK the rest
In my guess y'all useless, just talkin music
Never mistake me for a fake MC
You got the wrong idea nigga I'm CT fool
Get murdered in a second in the first degree
Come to me wit faggot tendacies
You'll be sleepin where the maggots be
Ain't nuthin kinda used to beef actually
but when it's on I raise first automatically
Won't catch me as a victim and a rap casualty
Dynasty Raiders hit VA in the summertime
Ten Bentleys in one line
Gats in each hand, twin 45's in mines
Snipers hittin niggaz long distance for a rate
Sons and daughters, one order you'll be floatin in water
Bad news home of the Dynasty Raiders
One luv to the ol school niggaz
They in the jail tryin to raise us
Even the ones that tried to blaze us
but couldn't even graze us
See dem bitch azz niggaz y'all killin don't amaze us
Y'all slobbin I'm spittin wit a mouf full of rage
(DIS MY NIGGA JEWELS REPRESENTIN BAD NEWS
YO MY HOMIE SAY DAT SHIT)
Everybody stay fly get money kill and fuck bitches
I'm hittin anything in plain view for my riches
VA's finest fillin up ditches, when niggaz turn to bitches
die for zero digits; I'ma giant yall midgets
I know killaz that kill for a fee
that'll kill yo' ass for free, believe me
How you wanna die fast or slowly?
Fast as a rolie, slow as a rolie polie
I bought yo shit it was weak, trashed it now you owe me
All the hardcore niggas know me
I aint knockin, I'm jus gon' bust up in the motherfucker
Takin anything that's rightfully mines
Lust, AKs, rifles, and nines
Physique crew, thick designs
wit jewels that shine all the time
Ain't nuthin sweet about this rate of mystique
Got niggas while you eat shit sleep and beat yo meat
die reachin fo heat, leave you leakin in da street
Niggas screamin he was a good boy ever since he was born
but fuck it he gon life must go on niggas don't live that long
but hoes in wigs niggas that think they head strong
got niggas hollerin Jewelz dead wrong on this song
THIS TYPE OF MURDA DONT NEED NO HOOK
JUST FORTY FUCKIN BARS FROM DA MOUF OF A CROOK!!!
YO!!

As for logical thinking...its beyond you in this thread judging by the fact that you let Reality of all people bait you into Laker smack talking like he was actually standing up for the Lakers.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2005, 12:35:36 AM »
RT if for some reason you think the Laker Bois and WOW are correct that i was baiting you, just say so.

Otherwise props to Ig and yes I saw the Pampered One push off on his final make.  Great D by Ig and team.  

But they broke up the Clips tonight. :cry:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 01:37:01 AM by Reality »

rickortreat

Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2005, 07:49:21 PM »
I didn't think you were baiting me, I thought you were just having fun.

That was a pretty funny statement, Igoudala gettting preferential treatment!

I thought the Sixers did a very good job against the Clippers.  I don't know how good they're suppossed to be, even though they came in with a good record.

Lee Nailon finally had a strong game, with 21 pts. on 8-11, which made up for Chris Webber going 4-17, Cwebb only had 6 boards as well, considering the minutes he's playing, I'd expect him to get more than 6, even if 2 were O-bds.

The defense looked great, forcing turnovers and preventing the Clippers from getting easy shots. The Sixers finally found a team they could break even on the boards with.    I thought when the Sixers were up by 14 that they were going to blow the Clips out of the building, but they hung tough.  Mobley was playing great for them, no one on the Sixers could stop him.  If he didn't foul out, the Clips would have had a better chance.

Now, the Sixers have beaten both teams from LA once, and are 3-0 vs. the Western Conference.  

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2005, 09:56:48 PM »
Rick you little hypocrite!!!! Don't you know Kobe jsut can't help it and it's all Philly's fault in the first place. If they had done something to "help" him when he was there, he wouldn't be such an egomaniacal jerk, after all, they knew he had problems, they knew he needed someone to wipe his wittle nose and make him a better person. You spiral down a vortech of bleeding heart insanity when it suit you ala' Terrel Owens and then talk completely out the other side of your neck when it comes to Kobe Bryant, you can't have it both ways son. Well maybe when you are clearly losing grip on reality you can, you are now the undisputed king of nonsense on this board.

And ummm folks, didn't we have a gentlemans agreement to not use profanity, 'Koast? Rick? If we no longer do, let me know so I will stop checking in.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 09:57:00 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

rickortreat

Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2005, 11:12:04 PM »
Hey, don't blame Philly for Kobe turning out the way he did, he got that 'tude from his time in Italy when his dad, Jelly-Bean was finishing his career there!

Lower Merion is a pretty nice school district, I wouldn't think Kobe would have picked up   that lack of tact there!  

Kobe has always had a lot of pride and self respect, and I think it's gone overboard to the point where he's become arrogant and disrespectfull.

He has been and continues to be one of the top players in the game.

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2005, 11:15:16 PM »
:unsure:

Was wondering what "idot time" is . . .
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

guest-koast

Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2005, 11:26:14 PM »
Rick you little hypocrite!!!! Don't you know Kobe jsut can't help it and it's all Philly's fault in the first place. If they had done something to "help" him when he was there, he wouldn't be such an egomaniacal jerk, after all, they knew he had problems, they knew he needed someone to wipe his wittle nose and make him a better person. You spiral down a vortech of bleeding heart insanity when it suit you ala' Terrel Owens and then talk completely out the other side of your neck when it comes to Kobe Bryant, you can't have it both ways son. Well maybe when you are clearly losing grip on reality you can, you are now the undisputed king of nonsense on this board.

And ummm folks, didn't we have a gentlemans agreement to not use profanity, 'Koast? Rick? If we no longer do, let me know so I will stop checking in.
I pasted lyrics from a rap song by Allen Iverson to prove a point but if I offended you I apologize.  Did not have the time to go and edit out what he said and since I did it while on the road I cannot go back and edit my post.

Rick I think you once again failed to missed the sarcasm... :D  I hardly find this one incident bad enough to warrant the disrespectful comment.  He has done far worse stuff and said worse things.  Say he wants to rip the heart out of Philly fans is a far cry from that.

rickortreat

Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2005, 07:15:00 PM »
If you have to go to Iverson's rap album for bad things to write about him, he can't be that bad!

Kobe's laundry is out in public, as AI's is.  Shaq and Karl Malone both had bad things to say about the Kobster as a teamate and a person.  That Girl in Colorado, may have thrown herself at him, but obviously didn't want things to go as far as they did.  

Iverson doesn't have a lot of old teamates complaining about him, does he?  He hasn't been involved with any women other that his wife, as far as anyone knows.

Just what has he said or done that you find offensive?

Stop with the sarcasm :rolleyes: and face facts: Kobe's comments were directed at a City, suppossedly his home town.  It pissed us off, and rightfully so, maybe being from LA you don't get it.  When Kobe said that to us, it was an insult that he felt no ties at all to the city and stated his intention to beat us silly.  From that point on, we're enemies.  Not to the point where we'd actually DO ANYTHING, but we will boo him from now until he makes amends.

A.I. hasn't called out anyone or anyplace.  He doesn't say anything negative about opponenents or teamates.  He could emulate TO and be a total jerk, but he knows that's wrong and tries to be a consumate team player.  I honestly think he's focused on getting back to the finals and getting a ring, and very aware that the clock is ticking on his and CWebb's careers.  But he indicates faith in the management, from Billy King to Mo Cheeks, and is behind his teamates 100%, at least in public.

Basketball is getting to be fun in Philly again.  After the terrible start, the team is starting to look like it has potential.  They're still learning to play the right way and with each other. They're very uneven from game to game- still no defined personality.  Mo insists on strong defense, and as long as he gets that, the team will win it's share of games.  If the bench can continue to improve, they'll win more than their fair share.  Nailon and Salmons are both decent NBA players, once Dalembert comes back, Hunter will come off the bench with them.  That's a pretty good second unit rotation, and the more effective they are, the more AI and Webber can take it easy.

Depth is a big factor in the playoffs, having three solid backups usually does it when teams get tight.  In the East, Detroit, Indiana and Miami are deeper, by the end of the year it will be interesting to see which of these teams second unit is the most effective.  That'll go a long way towards determining which of these teams will advance to the finals.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2005, 07:38:48 PM »

Stop with the sarcasm :rolleyes: and face facts: Kobe's comments were directed at a City, suppossedly his home town.  It pissed us off, and rightfully so, maybe being from LA you don't get it.  When Kobe said that to us, it was an insult that he felt no ties at all to the city and stated his intention to beat us silly.  From that point on, we're enemies.  Not to the point where we'd actually DO ANYTHING, but we will boo him from now until he makes amends.

And this is what I am saying to you and everyone else in Philly who is 'mad' over nothing

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:

You guys boo everyone and their mother then someone comes along and says they are going to rip your hearts out then its a problem? LOL.  A little bit of what goes around comes around eh?  And I dont need to goto AI's rap album to see what kind of guy he is, he showed everyone what kind of guy he is during the Laker/Sixers game when a timeout was called and he called Korver some not so nice names before hitting the bench because Korver didnt pass to AI.  The point I was trying to make was that the "condition" of him being a not-so-nice person himself was not fabricated.  He actually brags about it LOL.

I know Kobe has baggage and personality problems but to use Karl Malone, who he was good friends with until their falling out over comments made to his wife, and Shaq as sources doesnt really help your point all that much.  That is like me saying that Shaq is a bad person because Kobe says so :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 07:41:10 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com