Author Topic: Sixers vs. Lakers  (Read 2432 times)

rickortreat

Sixers vs. Lakers
« on: November 11, 2005, 07:37:25 PM »
Looking forward to the start of the game and talking smack with some Lakers faithfull after they loose.

I say they go down to the Sixers.  Should be by double figures.

rickortreat

Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 10:49:14 PM »
Well, no smack from me, the Lakers played much better than I thought they could.  It was nice to see Kareem on the bench as an assistant.

I thought the Sixers would have been able to execute better, but the Lakers kept them from running, and made them work hard on the offensive end.

They just came up a little short against a team at home with it's crowd behind them.  Maybe the Lakers are a playoff team after all.  Mihm and Odom are good complimentary players to Kobe.  

Only a tremendous defensive effort by Igoudala kept the Lakers from a victory.  

guest-koast

Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 10:49:31 PM »
:rolleyes:  think a little highly of our own team do we? lol You guys win by 4 when Kobe goes 5/76? And the Lakers have 12 in the whole quarter?

Lakers played about as poorly as you can in a second half of a profesional basketball game.     As a team they ran the triangle very very sloppy.  Tex Winter head must have exploded from disgust.  Screw incense and meditating give me a New Castle.   Mucho props to Ig and the whole Sixer defense.  I thought they did an excellent job of swarming Kobe and disrupting anyone going to the rim by getting their hands on the ball.  Ig was the main man tonight he really made Kobe work for any kind of shot.  He should be credited with the win tonight IMO.

One thing I did notice was that when the Sixers were in the half court set letting the ball go into the post first then back out they picked up their offense.    Icing Iverson out of tough shots was a great idea.  Korver started to get hot and even AI got some very nice looks at the end of the game.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 11:59:19 AM »
It was all Sixers team D.  They were not going to let Kobe beat them tonight.  Ig had some good effort on Kobe as well.

Odom should be able to open up his game when teams focus on Kobe like the Sixers did last night but that hasn't happened "in like forever".  I expected Smush and Odom to have big games when I noticed the Sixers D on Kobe, but they didn't step up, they just went through the motions.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 12:17:54 PM »
I just don't know what happened vs Philly.
Kobe looked awesome in 3 wins over
Atlanta 0-5 and
Denver 2-4 twice.

But vs
MN 3-2 and
Philly 2-2.. :huh:

I think this "Iggy" guy was given preferential treatment by the refs.  No one steals the ball cleanly from Kobe.  No one.  Or blocks his shot.  

I look for Kobe to return to his awesome ways the next time the Lakers play Atlanta.  With his proven near .500 career record he will lead the Lakers to the .500 mark, yep I'm sayin it.  In the powerhouse Pacific Division.

Lastly those Philidelphia fans who booed Kobe.  Oh that was soo harsh.  But Kobe will come out on top as usual.  I heard he told his rep to cancel his trip to The Gap in Lower Merion.  Take that Philidelphia.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 12:50:32 PM by Reality »

rickortreat

Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 02:00:35 PM »
Kobe can go F himself.  When he said he was going to "rip the heart out of Sixers fans"  that was it.  Any time he comes here, he's going to get booed.

He's a traitor to the area.  He could have said a lot of other things, but being the punk asswipe that he is, that's what he said.

Philly fans don't forget, he's an LA flake now, you keep him.

No one, steals the ball clean from Kobe, or blocks his shot!?  Didn't get his normal preferential treatment from the refs, huh?  See what happens when you rape a bimbo in CO...

For all the props to Iggy, it really was a team effort to stop Kobe.  It was up to the other guys to step up, and I don't think they can do it well enough to beat good teams.  I was surprised the Sixers didn't try to pressure the ball more, they ended up playing a half court game most of the night.  It's not characteristic of the Sixers to win games like that, it's good to see that they can.

Guest_Randy

Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 02:07:48 PM »
Rick,

There is SOOOO much wrong with your posts, I'm not even going to bother responding! :puke:  

rickortreat

Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 02:21:01 PM »
C'mon wussy boy, make you're points or piss off!

Either my statements are wrong or not.  If you dissagree you should be able to say why.

Well, can you punk?

Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2005, 03:22:10 PM »
wussy boy

How old are you again?  This is a response I would expect from a Jr. High age kid!

Well, can you punk?

This is the kind of thing I expect from Reality -- congrats!

Kobe can go F himself.

Definately a mature comment.

Any time he comes here, he's going to get booed.  He's a traitor to the area. He could have said a lot of other things, but being the punk asswipe that he is, that's what he said.

Umm, the guy got booed BEFORE he made those comments.  Philly fans are notorious for booing everyone -- they hardly need an excuse and seldom have one.

Philly fans don't forget, he's an LA flake now, you keep him.

Okay, you berate Kobe for making derogatory statements about Philly and then you turn around and make a derogatory statement about LA.  Hmm, kind of hypocritical, isn't it?

Code: [Select]
No one, steals the ball clean from Kobe, or blocks his shot!? Didn't get his normal preferential treatment from the refs, huh?
Kobe didn't shoot well last night -- but to say that it was all one person is a bit erroneous.  Kobe is a better player than ANYONE on the Sixers team.  And if he is used to getting preferential treatment from the refs, then why didn't he get it last night?  Oh, because it exists in YOUR imagination?  

See what happens when you rape a bimbo in CO...

No comment but quite mature!

There, does that make you happy, Rick?  I hope you continue with the juvenile remarks but I'm going to visit a 3rd grader for a little more mature conversation.

Guest_Randy

Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2005, 03:22:36 PM »
In case you didn't know already -- that was me above.

rickortreat

Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2005, 04:33:26 PM »
Umm, the guy got booed BEFORE he made those comments. Philly fans are notorious for booing everyone -- they hardly need an excuse and seldom have one.

When?  Where?  Before he said that, Philly fans were proud that he was from here.

That was a false statement.

Okay, you berate Kobe for making derogatory statements about Philly and then you turn around and make a derogatory statement about LA. Hmm, kind of hypocritical, isn't it?

He made no derogatory statements, he just said he was going to take our heart out.  As for me, I call things the way I see them.  Are you suggesting that LA isn't phoney?  IMO, it has more than it's fair share of fakes, the actors and all.  There's plenty I could say about Philly too, but that's not the point.  The point is that Kobe can diss the people where he's from if he likes, but he's no longer welcome here.

Kobe didn't shoot well last night -- but to say that it was all one person is a bit erroneous. Kobe is a better player than ANYONE on the Sixers team. And if he is used to getting preferential treatment from the refs, then why didn't he get it last night? Oh, because it exists in YOUR imagination?

If you'll note I wrote this previously in this thread:  For all the props to Iggy, it really was a team effort to stop Kobe. It was up to the other guys to step up, and I don't think they can do it well enough to beat good teams. I was surprised the Sixers didn't try to pressure the ball more, they ended up playing a half court game most of the night. It's not characteristic of the Sixers to win games like that, it's good to see that they can.

I wrote the bit about Igoudala in response to this post by Reality:

I think this "Iggy" guy was given preferential treatment by the refs. No one steals the ball cleanly from Kobe. No one. Or blocks his shot.

He was the one who brought up "preferrential treatment" and implied that Iggy was getting away with things guarding Kobe.  Frankly, I think it was the other way around.  Those two shots that Kobe made at the end of the game intiiated with drives where he was pushing Iggy away with his off hand.  The refs could easilly have called fouls on both drives.  That IS preferential treatment.  It can't be than anyone could pick Kobe's pocket clean is it?  It couldn't be that Igoudala is quick enough and good enough to block Kobe's shot, could it?   :bs:

Have fun with your third grade friends.  I'm sure you're very compatible with them!
Anything else?   :crazy:  

guest-koast

Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2005, 04:49:53 PM »
I just don't know what happened vs Philly.
Kobe looked awesome in 3 wins over
Atlanta 0-5 and
Denver 2-4 twice.

But vs
MN 3-2 and
Philly 2-2.. :huh:

I think this "Iggy" guy was given preferential treatment by the refs.  No one steals the ball cleanly from Kobe.  No one.  Or blocks his shot.  

I look for Kobe to return to his awesome ways the next time the Lakers play Atlanta.  With his proven near .500 career record he will lead the Lakers to the .500 mark, yep I'm sayin it.  In the powerhouse Pacific Division.

Lastly those Philidelphia fans who booed Kobe.  Oh that was soo harsh.  But Kobe will come out on top as usual.  I heard he told his rep to cancel his trip to The Gap in Lower Merion.  Take that Philidelphia.
The only thing that pains me during a Laker loss is you poping out of the woodwork LOL

Rick, you are being very immature.  If AI comes out and says he wants to rip the hearts out of LA fans with his play on the court you would be speaking on how he is improving his leadership.  Arent us Laker fans the ones percieved as being sore losers, babies, and chest beaters?

Guest_Randy

Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2005, 07:25:15 PM »
Umm, the guy got booed BEFORE he made those comments. Philly fans are notorious for booing everyone -- they hardly need an excuse and seldom have one.

When?  Where?  Before he said that, Philly fans were proud that he was from here.

Okay, you berate Kobe for making derogatory statements about Philly and then you turn around and make a derogatory statement about LA. Hmm, kind of hypocritical, isn't it?

He made no derogatory statements, he just said he was going to take our heart out.  As for me, I call things the way I see them.  Are you suggesting that LA isn't phoney?  IMO, it has more than it's fair share of fakes, the actors and all.  There's plenty I could say about Philly too, but that's not the point.  The point is that Kobe can diss the people where he's from if he likes, but he's no longer welcome here.

Kobe didn't shoot well last night -- but to say that it was all one person is a bit erroneous. Kobe is a better player than ANYONE on the Sixers team. And if he is used to getting preferential treatment from the refs, then why didn't he get it last night? Oh, because it exists in YOUR imagination?

If you'll note I wrote this previously in this thread:  For all the props to Iggy, it really was a team effort to stop Kobe. It was up to the other guys to step up, and I don't think they can do it well enough to beat good teams. I was surprised the Sixers didn't try to pressure the ball more, they ended up playing a half court game most of the night. It's not characteristic of the Sixers to win games like that, it's good to see that they can.

I wrote the bit about Igoudala in response to this post by Reality:

I think this "Iggy" guy was given preferential treatment by the refs. No one steals the ball cleanly from Kobe. No one. Or blocks his shot.

He was the one who brought up "preferrential treatment" and implied that Iggy was getting away with things guarding Kobe.  Frankly, I think it was the other way around.  Those two shots that Kobe made at the end of the game intiiated with drives where he was pushing Iggy away with his off hand.  The refs could easilly have called fouls on both drives.  That IS preferential treatment.  It can't be than anyone could pick Kobe's pocket clean is it?  It couldn't be that Igoudala is quick enough and good enough to block Kobe's shot, could it?   :bs:

Have fun with your third grade friends.  I'm sure you're very compatible with them!
Anything else?   :crazy:

Umm, guess you must have missed the All-Star game, huh?  When Philly fans booed him?  It's not the last time he was booed in Philly.  You need to check out your facts -- not that it would bother you when it comes to posting!

He made no derogatory statements, he just said he was going to take our heart out.  As for me, I call things the way I see them.  Are you suggesting that LA isn't phoney?  IMO, it has more than it's fair share of fakes, the actors and all.  There's plenty I could say about Philly too, but that's not the point.  The point is that Kobe can diss the people where he's from if he likes, but he's no longer welcome here.

Of course there are phony people in LA -- incredibly phony people -- just like there are incredibly phony people in Philly?  Want to refute that one?  

As for "taking their heart out" -- do you really think that Kobe was:  1) actually looking forward to coming to Philly and removing each individuals heart; and/or 2) do you think he was talking about what he was going to do to the Sixers on the court?

Have fun with your third grade friends. I'm sure you're very compatible with them!
Anything else? 

Thanks -- I had a great time -- their conversation was much more intelligent and reasonable than your discourse!

I'd suggest that you continue to call people juvenile names -- it helps your posting IQ a great deal!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2005, 07:54:35 PM »
rick,

Do I really need to point out why you look so stupid in this thread?

You baffle me sometimes rick, you can post some really good thoughts on this board then you go and get played like a dumb ass in threads like this one.

Open your eyes rick, it's not the Laker fans who are making you look like a fool.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

rickortreat

Sixers vs. Lakers
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2005, 08:54:37 PM »
Let me get this straight:

Rick, you are being very immature. If AI comes out and says he wants to rip the hearts out of LA fans with his play on the court you would be speaking on how he is improving his leadership. Arent us Laker fans the ones percieved as being sore losers, babies, and chest beaters?

You create a hypothetical condition with AI that has never occurred, he never says anything negative about other places, unlike your friends in Sacramento.  And then you create another hypothetical statement about how I would react to that!

What kind of logic do you call that!?!    :crazy: