Author Topic: We DO still talk about basketball on this board...  (Read 3034 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
We DO still talk about basketball on this board...
« on: March 05, 2004, 11:07:44 AM »
n/t
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 11:11:52 AM »
You would think heading into this final stretch run, we would be.  Then again, lots more interesting stuff to talk about, with all the divisive issues that have come up, and of course, the impending presidential change.
Paul

jn

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 11:16:56 AM »
I think the Constitution should be amended to allow Gay, Christian basketball players to run for office.    

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 11:29:06 AM »
You would think heading into this final stretch run, we would be.  Then again, lots more interesting stuff to talk about, with all the divisive issues that have come up, and of course, the impending presidential change.
its not divisive, i just think you need to find the Jon Stewart Daily Show board and post there... :rolleyes:

yeah i know its just getting boring reading all the "i wish the world was like this" crap.  atleast with basketball we can focus our "i wish"'s to something like "i wish the spurs would play like champs instead of chumps.."
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 11:29:45 AM »
I think the Constitution should be amended to allow Gay, Christian basketball players to run for office.
ISNT THERE ONE ALREADY RUNNING???  WHO WAS THAT LITTLE WRINKLY DEMO CANDIDATE??  ISNT HE GAY?   :blink:  :blink:  
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 11:31:45 AM by SPURSX3 »

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 11:50:43 AM »
Speaking of which, I saw a fascinating piece on gay professional athletes and the portrayal of women as sex objects in professional sports. If you get the chance, check it out.
Paul

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 11:51:05 AM »
OH, I saw it on HBO!
Paul

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2004, 01:13:52 PM »
OH, I saw it on HBO!
so you mean when players slap each other on the arse, thats gay???

:ph34r:  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 01:27:11 PM »
As much as I hate bush in the Oval Office, I would appluad him in the Lakers front office.  The Lakers would win 10 consequtive titles, Kobe and Shaq would NEVER foul out of a game and the state capitol would be relocated to L.A.

Wohoo!  
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2004, 01:30:55 PM »
As much as I hate bush in the Oval Office, I would appluad him in the Lakers front office.  The Lakers would win 10 consequtive titles, Kobe and Shaq would NEVER foul out of a game and the state capitol would be relocated to L.A.

Wohoo!
would we have to go to war to put an oil rig in Shaqs arse??

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2004, 01:35:58 PM »
California, taking out a loan to pay off its own debts. GOTTA LOVE IT, GO ARNIE!
Paul

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2004, 01:36:42 PM »
As much as I hate bush in the Oval Office, I would appluad him in the Lakers front office.  The Lakers would win 10 consequtive titles, Kobe and Shaq would NEVER foul out of a game and the state capitol would be relocated to L.A.

Wohoo!
would we have to go to war to put an oil rig in Shaqs arse??
No, but we would restrict the freedoms of fans at ALL Laker games.  You would not be allowed to boo Kobe and if you even mention his legal troubles you will be shipped out and detained in Cuba until...until...until...  :unsure:  
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2004, 01:38:05 PM »
California, taking out a loan to pay off its own debts. GOTTA LOVE IT, GO ARNIE!
I guess that means we all just refinanced our houses, schools and banking accounts.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2004, 11:22:42 AM »
I think we probably need to go to having a separate forum for off-topic discussions. It didn't work the last time because navigating from one forum to the other was such a pain. I don't see that as an issue here on this new forum. We might also want to consider a forum for other sports, besides basketball...if there's enough interest??