Author Topic: How many people will  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
How many people will
« on: June 23, 2005, 03:19:19 PM »
Alone while others in the house do not partake of NBA.

I watch it with my dog and cat.

With Hubie and Al.

My wife digs the NBA, with her.

Small group.

100+

However many are at Hooters.

20K + I'll be at the Alamodome.

With Randy.

Wherever I order my Laker chaffuer to drive me to.  Several places.  Also on the limos t.v.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 03:22:39 PM by Reality »

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
How many people will
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 03:25:53 PM »
Alone.  Cat may be in the room.

It's possible the girl will come home at about halftime, but she'll be on the computer.  she definitely won't be watching.

I'm not a very sociable sports fan.  I hate watching games (that I care about) in bars or in public atmospheres.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
How many people will
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 05:44:38 PM »
Big deciding games like tonights i prefer to watch alone.  Usually i need to and actually prefer to record and replay at a time when responsibilities are at a minimal.  Besides the obvious time saving factor, a huge side benefit is being able to avoid commercials and bad tv commentary.  I especially like fast forwarding on Bill Walton and Stephen Smith.  Hubie has been okay, Al tolerable, barely.  However tonight i would be way to antsy to see what is going on up to the minute.  So barring any unforseen responsibilites will watch live, commercials and all.  Cat will no doubt give input.  Dog is outdoors.  Offspring I continually praise Mrs R. for helping me help them to be readers and not tv watching zombie like their father.  I am improving.  What would everyone on the board have been able to accomplish if all the years of watching hoop you learned (insert:  foreign language, advanced car repair, sign language, massage).

However i have watched many a big game in a group.  Last year I watched in a sports bar with a smaller but robust group of Pistons rooters/Laker Haters along with about 150 Purple n Goldens.  After several healthy "Lakers Suck" choruses we concluded with our last united swig of beers.  The Laker bunch took it extremely well.  A few got flustered and exited the bar.  

During the rigged year I watched Sac vs LAL with a lifetime laker.  However Gm 7 I had a houseful while the neighbors had a houseful of Krishnas.  We exchanged hoots and hollers until we know how that sad story ended.

Sonics-Suns 1993 Gm 7 i taped.  SuperDoopers vs Bulls I mostly taped and watched afterhours.

I do hope to have Randy over to watch tape of Manu in this years playoffs and finals.  Altho his thigh injury was a setback, still plenty of good stuff.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
How many people will
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 09:37:29 AM »
Went to this smoky irish pub O'Malley's by my work, but that's only because I had to work til 10pm last night. Wanted to catch as much of the game as possible. Got home reaking like cigarettes, is there ANYTHING WORSE???  :nonono:  Prefer to watch it at home myself.
Paul

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
How many people will
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 09:44:23 AM »
Got home reaking like cigarettes, is there ANYTHING WORSE???

My experience is that the smell of cigarettes and cheap (by the gallon) perfume is alot worse.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jn

How many people will
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 10:14:24 AM »
I watched most of the games with one buddy.  Same guy who I went in on 10 game Wolves ticket packages with for a couple years.  He's got a decent size TV and fridge full beer.  I watched the last quarter of game 7 with my new girlfriend, who's Dutch.  She falls into the category of "has little clue about the game but doesn't mind watching and doesn't ask questions every five seconds."  :hail:

I used to watch at bars quite a bit when I was younger but I hated people distracting me and especially hated waking up feeling like a whiskey soaked ashtray.  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
How many people will
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 10:41:45 AM »
went to a pub called mitchells.  lots of fans met some friends and made more friends there, then went to party with other friends somewhere else, stayed out pretty late....feel great though.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.