Author Topic: Hokey Smokes, Robert Horry, nuff said!  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Hokey Smokes, Robert Horry, nuff said!
« on: June 19, 2005, 11:55:35 PM »
I know people argue against his belonging in the Hall of Fame when his career is over, but if (and when) the Spurs win this thing it will be because of Robert Horry tonight, just like all the other postseason heroics this cat is legendary for. He can stab an opponent in the heart quicker than anyone in the game today, man I love this guys clutch performance! The Spurs did everything to give this game away and he just wouldn't let it happen.

He may not ever have the raw numbers to merit induction, but Robert Horry is a Hall of Fame player, period. What a game!
Dan

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 12:03:09 AM »
I was thingking that same thing LF before I saw your post....Horry HAS TO BE HOF MATERIAL - despite how we finish the series, win or lose.  the man IS a living legend IMO!!!
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jn

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 09:01:58 AM »
The Sports Guy on ESPN had good suggestion.  Open a separate wing at the HOF for guys like Horry who  aren't true superstars but good players who were vital to championship teams.  Charter members could include Dennis Johnson, Michael Cooper and Dennis Rodman.  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 09:29:59 AM »
you know the Spurs have been very fortunate, before Horry, we had Kerr to bail us out.  Who else is there in the league that can do what these kind of players do?  IS THERE ANYONE?  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 09:48:42 AM »
I saw Horry kill the Spurs and rip my heart out when he was with the Rockets. Saw it numerous times when he was with LA (anybody remember the Kings meltdown because of Horry's dagger??)  All I can say is, it's nice to be on THIS SIDE OF THE FENCE THIS TIME.  Sorry Pistons fans, know your pain. and I LOVE the silence when Horry got the ball. More like 4 seconds of disbelief. :cheers:  
Paul