Author Topic: Dunker out 2-4 weeks  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Dunker out 2-4 weeks
« on: March 21, 2005, 06:08:13 PM »
So now we get to see why Sean Marks is on the roster.

Can only hope the Spurs will not let Dunker play until fully recovered.
Or GNob.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Dunker out 2-4 weeks
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 10:11:13 PM »
this is gonna be uuuuuuuuuuugly.    
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Dunker out 2-4 weeks
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 10:40:26 AM »
"If he's ready to play, we'll play him. If he isn't, we won't," Popovich said. "He won't allow me to let him sit there if he's healthy and ready to go. If he doesn't play any more regular season games, it'll because his ankle's not ready and he's not able."

While I appreciate Pops statement, I worry a more accurate rendation is:
"He won't allow me to let him sit there if he's healthy (in Duncans own opinion) and ready to go (in his own mind)."

He won't "allow" you. :huh:  

Who wears the pants? I don't like this at all.  Most atheletes are going to say they are ready to go, whether they are or not.  Injury comebacks are to be made after consulting with the player and med staff, then its a coaching decision 100%.  I dont like the history with Dunker.  Nor the minutes per game he's been putting in since both injuries earlier this season.  Sean Marks should have been in much sooner or not taking up a roster spot.  Was Prophet Mohammed injured before he got to the Spurs or 5 seconds afterwords?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 10:42:05 AM by Reality »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Dunker out 2-4 weeks
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 11:40:29 AM »
While I sympathize with you Spurs fans regarding Duncan's injury, since you clearly are closer to winning a championship then my Kings, I have to say your team is remarkably lucky to have gone so far into the season without any major injuries occurring up to now.

As always, the Kings quickly got players injured this year - key players, some of whom we managed to trade away (Christie/Webber) and others whom we just have to sit for extended periods (Jackson/Peja/Miller/Mobley), but the point is, it is rare not to face a problem due to injury in any season and San Antonio for the first time have two players sitting and at the wrong time of the year.

So, I can sympathize with you guys, but otherwise, join the club. Having never experienced a healthy Kings team during any playoff run yet in the last six years, I can only look with envy on teams like the Spurs or Lakers, who only had to deal with the normal aches and pains of their stars, but still had them playing effective minutes.

What that must be like?  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Dunker out 2-4 weeks
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 05:09:04 PM »
While I sympathize with you Spurs fans regarding Duncan's injury, since you clearly are closer to winning a championship then my Kings, I have to say your team is remarkably lucky to have gone so far into the season without any major injuries occurring up to now.

As always, the Kings quickly got players injured this year - key players, some of whom we managed to trade away (Christie/Webber) and others whom we just have to sit for extended periods (Jackson/Peja/Miller/Mobley), but the point is, it is rare not to face a problem due to injury in any season and San Antonio for the first time have two players sitting and at the wrong time of the year.

So, I can sympathize with you guys, but otherwise, join the club. Having never experienced a healthy Kings team during any playoff run yet in the last six years, I can only look with envy on teams like the Spurs or Lakers, who only had to deal with the normal aches and pains of their stars, but still had them playing effective minutes.

What that must be like?
dont worry, JoMal, I dont think anybody in the Spurs camp....errr I mean ME - since BBF and 101 hardly pop in now...lol... is really looking for sympathy or think our team is so special we need sympathy.  this stuff happens, your right, YOUR team know injury.  SO I would hardly expect any from you.  I knew it would get ugly.  I mean did you see the way he sprained it?  man that looked bad.  But they say he should be back by playoff time, the rest of the season he will more than likely sit though.  which isnt too bad consideting we are already in the playoffs.  just have to work harder from not having the best record in the league now.  I think the time that it WILL really hurt us is if we end up in the finals and meet the HEAT!  they got a great record this season, and that may help shaq to fulfill his promise of getting a title.  Man the Heat look tough.  even with ti back healthy and the rest of our squad healthy, the heat have a really good shot of beating us this season.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Dunker out 2-4 weeks
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 07:41:32 PM »
devon brown will miss wed game due to back spasms....wonder who else will rest...