Author Topic: The Lost Part of the Trade  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
The Lost Part of the Trade
« on: February 25, 2005, 02:02:04 PM »
I haven't seen enough of Barnes to make a really informed opinion, but he always seemed to have a little game, and most importantly hustle, when I saw him play.  Can anyone give me the run down on Barnes?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 02:32:44 PM »
I haven't seen enough of Barnes to make a really informed opinion, but he always seemed to have a little game, and most importantly hustle, when I saw him play.  Can anyone give me the run down on Barnes?
Saw him play for the Clippers last year, he was a bit of a fan favorite because of his UCLA heritage.

Hustles, gives all out effort, plays defense but....

too small to play PF and even SF is a stretch
not fast enough to play SG
no range on his shot
can't create his own shot
gets out of control on offense
not a very good ball handler

IMO Philly has, or had, better tweeners than Barnes.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 03:11:02 PM »
What is best about his game is that he can be annoying to other teams. He is active on the defensive boards, for his size; he hustles; his limited size and ball-handling for the SG and SF positions makes him a bench player more then a starter, though Adelman was starting him while Peja has been out; but he seems to get his hands on lots of balls in the passing lanes.

His outside shot is iffy, but his head stays in the game. Fans tend to notice his efforts and every once in a while he will win you a game. He won the Kings at least three games this year that I can think of with late game hussle and getting to the foul line.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 03:21:06 PM »
kinda sounds like a slightly taller greg buckner.  not bad.  i like greg, until he signed that ridiculous contract.

rickortreat

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 05:22:49 PM »
I think these guys will be lost...... at the end of the bench!

Maybe Bradly will get in if he can really rebound, but I don't think either of these players get time over Willie Green, Rodney and Aaron. They're probably behind Josh Davis.