Author Topic: Does anyone else think it's interesting that PJ .  (Read 1032 times)

Guest_Randy

Does anyone else think it's interesting that PJ .
« on: February 03, 2005, 05:07:57 PM »
would even THINK about coming back to the Lakers after the things he had to say about Kobe?  He pretty much stated he couldn't coach Kobe -- that is unless they offer him enough money?  I think PJ thrives on media attention -- and I hope he stays FAR away from the Lakers!

rickortreat

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 05:54:44 PM »
There's no way Phil is going back to the Lakers.  His MO is to go to teams primed to win the title, which LA is not.  He's just jerking around Buss and Kobe, who jerked him around plenty when he was the coach.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 07:18:13 PM »
There's no way Phil is going back to the Lakers.  His MO is to go to teams primed to win the title, which LA is not.  He's just jerking around Buss and Kobe, who jerked him around plenty when he was the coach.
He is doing nothing more than getting the buzz around LA for sh**s and giggles.  He does still live out here in LA.

My buddies pops was trying to tell me PJ will be back.......even went as far to say he'd put his car on it lol  :crazy:

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 07:25:45 PM »
I agree that Phil is jerking them around a bit.  For him to go back there are 2 things that must happen.  He has total control and he gets paid oodles and oodles of dough.

As far as Phil having an MO where he only goes to teams that are primed for a title, I have to give the guy a break here.  He has coached 2 teams the Bulls and the Lakers.  He went to the Bulls not because they were primed to win a title, because they weren't primed, he went because they offered him a job coaching in the NBA, and they were only team to do so.

As far as the Lakers job, every team in the league would have offered Phil their job except the Bulls and the Clips.  After 6 titles he earned the right to pick his situation.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 11:43:06 AM »
After all his success in the NBA and the nine titles, why does just hearing his name mentioned creep me out?

I thought it might have to do with his Lakers dominance of the Kings in the playoffs, but that would not do it. I just hate him for that.

Maybe I get the feeling the man sold his soul to the devil and he has a sort of demonic look about him. Anyway, he left the Lakers in disarray, or I should say he left the Lakers who were on the verge of disarray, and evil-doers never revisit places where they left their legacy, do they?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 11:43:34 AM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 11:54:24 AM »
IF he comes back it will be to coach the Knicks, can't see him anywhere but LA or NY at this point of his career and the odds are against him returning to LA.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Guest_Randy

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 06:06:53 PM »
I can't see him coming back to LA -- and I REALLY can't see him coaching the Knicks -- why not some of the other teams that have a chance of being available after this season:

TWolves -- is Flip guaranteed to stay after the dismal season this year?  The TWolves were thought by everyone to be a LOCK for one of the top two teams this year.  Would the TWolves nab PJ if he were available?

Seattle -- McMillan's last year -- would the Sonics prefer a man of PJ's caliber to improve their team?

Portland -- I can't see Cheeks getting the chance to stick around -- does Portland have enough talent to draw PJ's attention?

There are a few other teams but I think they are TREMENDOUS longshots -- and one of those longshots, IMO, is NY.  Orlando might be an interesting thought but the rest are guaranteed "no thank you's."