Author Topic: Spurs in championship form  (Read 2432 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Spurs in championship form
« on: February 25, 2004, 09:47:48 AM »
Spurs looked like champions that they are last night, totally exploiting the Rockets, outscoring them 26-8 in a decisive 12-minute run to end the third quarter and begin the fourth.  4th quarter D totally frustrated the Rockets, they looked lost. Spurs are ready to be tested, they are clearly the best team in the NBA right now.

And Tim Duncan.  Is there anything prettier than his turnaround jumper off the backboard?  Timmy's dosen't have the athleticism of a KG or Lebron, his game is just beautiful to see. Extremely efficient and unselfish. Love the way he's banking his free throws down again.

Look out WC!  Spurs will overtake MN to win the Midwest.  Important for the T-Wolves. They need home court more than the Spurs do. :rolleyes:

Paul

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 11:02:57 AM »
Yo Spurses Lurkors all Spurses,

Beers all around for another win.
Manu and Turkey for the 3 bombs, yessss.
Stevie Francis don't try that showboat crap on our D.
Wasn't that tall guy on the Rockets the one who was scoring in a variety of ways on the obese guy a week ago? :lol:   The obese guy who fouled out on purpose. :(  

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 11:20:43 AM »
When Yao is on, he's unstoppable.  The offense dosen't flow through him though, the Rockets have some problems.

On a side note, I didn't know that Piakowski was playing for Houston. I love that guy, he can really shoot, wonder why he's not getting more run.
Paul

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 11:35:56 AM »
When Yao is on, he's unstoppable.  The offense dosen't flow through him though, the Rockets have some problems.

On a side note, I didn't know that Piakowski was playing for Houston. I love that guy, he can really shoot, wonder why he's not getting more run.
Van Grunty is your answer.

Yao indeed is fantastic.  Only 23 years old and didn't start U.S. ball until two years ago.  

Why is it Texans have the best big men?
Everythings BIG in Texas.

WooHoo! :D  :D  

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2004, 01:52:12 PM »
Spurs looked like champions that they are last night, totally exploiting the Rockets, outscoring them 26-8 in a decisive 12-minute run to end the third quarter and begin the fourth.  4th quarter D totally frustrated the Rockets, they looked lost. Spurs are ready to be tested, they are clearly the best team in the NBA right now.

And Tim Duncan.  Is there anything prettier than his turnaround jumper off the backboard?  Timmy's dosen't have the athleticism of a KG or Lebron, his game is just beautiful to see. Extremely efficient and unselfish. Love the way he's banking his free throws down again.

Look out WC!  Spurs will overtake MN to win the Midwest.  Important for the T-Wolves. They need home court more than the Spurs do. :rolleyes:
I didn't realize that beating the Rockets is the sign of being in championship form -- I would assume by that criteria that these teams are also in championship form after beating the Rockets:

TWolves by 17
Pistons by 19
Kings by 29
Mavs by 11 and 9
Nets by 11
Heat by 14
Suns by 20, 15

I'm not sure that I see all of these teams as being championship caliber -- perhaps, it would be wise to base your "championship form" on teams that are actually championship caliber.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004, 02:04:06 PM »
Like who... the Lakers?   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
Paul

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2004, 02:24:38 PM »
Like who... the Lakers?   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Well, I think there's a greater chance of the Lakers being there in the end than there is the Houston Rockets.  You disagree?

As for the Lakers, perhaps you should save your laughing for when your team actually learns how to beat them!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2004, 02:33:39 PM »
April 4...I already have it marked on my calendar!  :ph34r:  
Paul

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2004, 02:34:23 PM »
Like who... the Lakers?   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Well, I think there's a greater chance of the Lakers being there in the end than there is the Houston Rockets.  You disagree?

As for the Lakers, perhaps you should save your laughing for when your team actually learns how to beat them!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
The problem vs. the Lakers is the Spurs team defense.  Everytime the Lakers break it down everyone starts yelling "Big Dave, Big Dave" but nothing happens.  The only one reacting is some big white stiff who then starts moving away from the basket while he pretends to be gaurding some imaginary player OUTSIDE of the painted area. :blink:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 02:35:10 PM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"