Author Topic: Malone IS NOT returning to Lake-show hes PISSED  (Read 3702 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Malone IS NOT returning to Lake-show hes PISSED
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2004, 01:35:10 PM »
Supercharge the Lakers?  Ummmm....no....Malone only provides 1/2 of what the Lakers are in need of right no.  He would provide rebounding but he's not enough of an inside precense anymore to help LA in the half court set.  When the Lakers can't run they don't do very well this year.

I'd like to see Karl in Miami or SA where he could get his best shot at a ring.
While I can't disagree that Malone may end up in Miami, he also should be high on the Lakers' wish list as well, regardless of how he feels about Kobe's comments, which did not seem so insulting to me, but then I could never come close to possessing the ego of Karl Malone- let alone Kobe Bryant.

If Karl went back to the Lakers, he would immediately become the de facto leader of that team, or should. Bryant would never, ever allow it, though he has consistently demonstrated to be completely incapable of becoming an option for leadership for LA. Which brings back the issue of whether or not Malone should sign with the Lakers to put up with Kob-ME.

The Heat and Shaq certainly appear a more attractive option for Karl.
You do have to realize that ALOT of people out here are seeing Karl and probably telling em how much us fans in Southern California really love the guy.  He is VERY VERY popular in LA.  Not that he wouldnt be in Miami or anything but hes up there with Kobe in terms of popularity.

Kobe did call Karl already and they had a special interview with Kobe after the game about the whole situation.  He said how much he loves Karl,  how great this team could be with him,  apologized on camera (hard to believe I know lol), and explained what he really meant with his comments.  Dunno if that will make it any better.  IMO that comments were not that bad.  

All that said...Miami would be the best place for him to go.  I really would like to see him get a ring.  I'd say the Spurs but I dont think that would work out for Malone in terms of playing time.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 01:46:22 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Rickortreat

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2004, 02:24:35 PM »
Kobe said nothing that should be interpreted as being negative about Karl.  The ego and immaturity of NBA players reveals what pathetic, selfish  human beings they are.  Artest and Spreewell being among the standout poister boys for boorish comments.

If Karl gets healthy,  it would make more sense for him to go where he can get a ring, MN or SA.  He COULD really help Houston, and they MIGHT become a winning team with Karl there to mentor Yao and give T-Mac an inside target to run the offense through.

Maybe the Sixers should try to trade Big Dog for Karl.  He would be huge help, if he could be persuaded to play in Phila.  Unfortunatly, even with Karl, it doesn't look like the Sixers are good enough to win anything, let alone the EC.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2004, 04:47:30 PM »
Rick,

Karl is a FA so you can't trade for him -- and at this point, I don't see Big Dog going anywhere because Philly is looking forward to dumping his salary.  I wonder if Robinson will be able to sign with anyone -- his lack of desire to play defense and his ego are going to ensure that he gets a MUCH smaller contract in the future.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2004, 05:23:36 PM »
Kobe said nothing that should be interpreted as being negative about Karl.  The ego and immaturity of NBA players reveals what pathetic, selfish  human beings they are.  Artest and Spreewell being among the standout poister boys for boorish comments.

If Karl gets healthy,  it would make more sense for him to go where he can get a ring, MN or SA.  He COULD really help Houston, and they MIGHT become a winning team with Karl there to mentor Yao and give T-Mac an inside target to run the offense through.

Maybe the Sixers should try to trade Big Dog for Karl.  He would be huge help, if he could be persuaded to play in Phila.  Unfortunatly, even with Karl, it doesn't look like the Sixers are good enough to win anything, let alone the EC.
His expierence and work ethic alone would benefit ANY team in this league.  Heck, just pay him to come work out in the gym and smack around some younger players who dont listen with his elbows and its a done deal!!!

List of players who deserve elbows:

Spreewell
Artest
Jermaine O'neal
Stephen Jackson
Darius Miles
Raef Alston (sp?)
Allan Houston

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2004, 07:21:40 PM »
Not Kobe???

Or maybe a well-placed elbow is not enough??
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2004, 07:39:13 PM »
Not Kobe???

Or maybe a well-placed elbow is not enough??
If Karl signs with the Heat.......then no an elbow wont do.  I was thinking more of Karl taking Kobe into the woods and showing him a "special" chair.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 07:39:40 PM by westkoast »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2004, 11:43:47 AM »
If Karl signs with the Heat.......then no an elbow wont do.  I was thinking more of Karl taking Kobe into the woods and showing him a "special" chair.
 :lol:  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."