Author Topic: Aaah JoMal, good to see you.  (Read 1396 times)

jn

Aaah JoMal, good to see you.
« on: December 10, 2004, 12:00:10 PM »
I'm trying to get some decent tickets for tonights game.  Nothing I like better than a Wolves/Kings tilt.  I expect a different game than the first.  As you pointed out in your State of the Kings Address, they are playing better offensively, if not a whole lot better defensively.  Meanwhile for the Wolves Cassell is picking up the pace and Eddie Griffin has been shockingly good.  

Here's hoping for a repeat of some of last year's thrillers.  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 02:44:04 PM »
I'm trying to get some decent tickets for tonights game.  Nothing I like better than a Wolves/Kings tilt.  I expect a different game than the first.  As you pointed out in your State of the Kings Address, they are playing better offensively, if not a whole lot better defensively.  Meanwhile for the Wolves Cassell is picking up the pace and Eddie Griffin has been shockingly good.  

Here's hoping for a repeat of some of last year's thrillers.
This game likely WILL be different from the last meeting.

The Wolves/Kings matchups tend to favor Minnesota these days, mainly because our best players are not that quick. Sacramento has to rely on perfect execution and offensive pressure to win, but the Wolves are better at getting their shots off to put that pressure back on the Kings to keep up.

However, the Kings have been a bit surprising this year. It is not wise to underestimate them, even though they are not getting the attention they have in past years, what with the Spurs and Wolves picked to be the elite teams out west; the Suns and Sonics dominating games so far, and other squads like the Nuggets and Clippers starting to show some continuity. Along with the endless Laker "Koap" Opera, and Dallas and Houston being feted all the time by the press, there has been little media attention brought to the Kings.

But then, the Kings are doing pretty good against the sub-five hundred teams out there, while not so well against the upper echelon teams. They just aren't as deep after the first seven or eight players, and it shows up in tight games.

Well, here's to a good game tonight. I will miss the beginning as that is my commute time.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 04:55:36 PM »
Yea Jeez Jomal...dont just quit posting on us during the season.  Get your priorities straight.  Kids, family, work all should be lower than telling us phillyarena posters what the deal is with the Kings.

Dont gimmie that spree crap "I got to feed my kids Koast" cuz Im just not buying that.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 06:48:32 PM »
Yea Jeez Jomal...dont just quit posting on us during the season.  Get your priorities straight.  Kids, family, work all should be lower than telling us phillyarena posters what the deal is with the Kings.

Dont gimmie that spree crap "I got to feed my kids Koast" cuz Im just not buying that.
I didn't realyze how important my King's updates were to you all. My bad.

Getting my priorities straight has always been my downfall.  :cheers:  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 08:42:59 PM »
Yea Jeez Jomal...dont just quit posting on us during the season.  Get your priorities straight.  Kids, family, work all should be lower than telling us phillyarena posters what the deal is with the Kings.

I didn't realyze how important my King's updates were to you all. My bad.

Getting my priorities straight has always been my downfall.  :cheers:
Now that the Kings update is all squared away.....what's your take on the Governator?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 11:44:36 AM »
Having now seen him twice up close, he is friendly, very confident in himself and also with how 'impressive' he feels he must appear to us minions, but I have not been all that impressed with him. He is about 5'10", but wears these cowboy boots with two inch heels. He loves photo opts with women and their children, but prefers to be in pictures where he looks larger then the people around him.

His efforts right now appear to be to set himself up for a push for the presidency, so a soft sell, testing of the waters to see if a U.S. amendment to the constitution to allow foreign born citizens the opportunity to run for president, has been high on his current agenda.

The State budget looks like it will be the same old same old next year, with California deep in the red once again. All his clever promises and plans to curb the woeful state of finances has gone for naught. Since they were nearly identical to Grey Davis' ideas and plans, small wonder. The key issue of the recall looks to have been to put Republicans back in power, as nothing else much changed, except we have a much, much more charismatic governor to tell us the bad news now, and make it sound like it is exactly that for which the people voted.

He also wants to make redistricting an issue. This is not good for the future of California, unless you like the idea of one-party rule.

As it stands now, he has done nothing to warrant any more support then Grey Davis had before the recall. As I stated in an earlier posting, his hatchet women hired to clean up the Department of Finance simply fired all the top management people (they all got good posting elsewhere, but the point was made), then when the current budget looked to be no different then the previous regime's, with additional borrowing against the future (your kids will be paying for these decisions loooooong into the future), she bailed. Quit in late October to go ride her Harley with her Florida boyfriend (I am not kidding).

On the bright side, the Governor appointed a real budget manager to replace her. Tom Campbell comes in with a reputation of integrity, hard work, and a personality that connects with subordinates in a positive way.  So that may work out okay, but these budget managers require more then one year to prove their ideas work. I really do not get the purpose of the prior Director's appointment, except to get rid of all the experienced budget people for the State and bring in new people with suppossedly new ideas.

Then we got the same old same old...... :rolleyes:

Oh, and WOW, its good to see you back amongst us. And I have not heard from Gaither (jw) in ages. Apparently no one else has either.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2004, 11:46:11 AM by JoMal »