Author Topic: Hey Ted  (Read 19623 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Hey Ted
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2004, 05:06:19 PM »
If that's the case could you talk to my 4 kids and my wife about staying out of my windshield.  At least tell them that it's ok if only ONE of them prays before we eat.  The two oldest are pretty easy, they just give thanks for the food and family but the two little one's go on and on and on.  They thank god for everyone and for every little thing they've done in recent memory.  They give thanks for playing in the yard, mommy cleaning them up, X-Box, their bikes, the two dogs, Coke, milk, Strawberry Shortcake cartoon, TV.....you get the idea.  Both of do it and I like my steak hot and my Coke cold.

Could you speak with them?
I'll see what I can do.

Strawberry shortcake. LOL! It is kind of funny to listen to little kids pray. How old are the two little ones?

I don't know man--If your wife's into it, I think you're screwed. If I were you, I would get to the table early so you can start cutting your steak before saying grace. It'll take some practice, but if you learn to use a fork and to chew with your mouth closed, you could probably get away with eating during prayer.
Girl 10, Boy 7, Girl 5, Boy 4.

It started with "dank you fo da fude amen."  Then they heard a few of the uncles and aunties pray/give thanks at Thanksgiving and X-Mas dinner and that's all she wrote.  My kids are Christian, not sure what my wife is but she believes in a supreme being, "most high" she calls him/her.  I dunno know what to do, my wife and I don't push our kids in any direction but 90% of my family pulls them toward Calvary Chapel and other Christian stuff, 60% of my wife's family pulls them toward Born Again or Evangelist stuff.  

The rest of us will burn in hell I suppose.  If you met my kids you wouldn't think I helped raise them.  They don't allow drinking, smoking or cursing in their presence.  My oldest has learned to be tolerant and not overbearing or imposing of her beliefs onto others, my others always say something regardless of who's presence they are in.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Hey Ted
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2004, 05:07:57 PM »
:lol: Gee...wonder where he gets THAT from? :lol:  
Paul

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hey Ted
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2004, 05:45:29 PM »
Girl 10, Boy 7, Girl 5, Boy 4.

It started with "dank you fo da fude amen."  Then they heard a few of the uncles and aunties pray/give thanks at Thanksgiving and X-Mas dinner and that's all she wrote.  My kids are Christian, not sure what my wife is but she believes in a supreme being, "most high" she calls him/her.  I dunno know what to do, my wife and I don't push our kids in any direction but 90% of my family pulls them toward Calvary Chapel and other Christian stuff, 60% of my wife's family pulls them toward Born Again or Evangelist stuff. 

The rest of us will burn in hell I suppose.  If you met my kids you wouldn't think I helped raise them.  They don't allow drinking, smoking or cursing in their presence.  My oldest has learned to be tolerant and not overbearing or imposing of her beliefs onto others, my others always say something regardless of who's presence they are in.
Oh well. Even though you treat me like "shiz" :unsure: I'm sure you're a good father. <_<  You know more than I do about this parenting crap. Teach them to be good, and let them govern themselves . . . when they're 21. ;)
As for hell . . . I can't say who'll be there. But if you are, I'll be sure to be sitting next to you when the devil makes you watch over and over the 90s Jazz/Lakers matchups. Now that would be torment!  :lol:  
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 05:46:14 PM by Ted »
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Ted
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2004, 06:41:44 PM »
Scottish Rite or Yorkish Rite (sic?)

Whichever one a Welshman would take. I have no idea.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Hey Ted
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2004, 09:20:48 PM »
Scottish Rite or Yorkish Rite (sic?)

Whichever one a Welshman would take. I have no idea.
One is christian requirement (Scottish?), the other is not.  The other doesn't require you to be christian but you can be, as well as other religions.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Ted
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2004, 12:16:44 PM »
Ted, read below. Is this true, and if it is, is it something that is really pushed?  

Guide to Self-Control: Overcoming Masturbation.":: Enlist The Power Of Prayer
Pray daily, ask for the gifts of the Spirit, that which will strengthen you against temptation.

Pray fervently and out loud when the temptations are the strongest.

When the temptation to masturbate is strong, yell "Stop!" to those thoughts as loudly as you can in your mind. Then recite a portion of the Bible or sing a hymn.

Exercise VigorouslyFollow a program of vigorous daily exercise, which reduce emotional tension and depression.

Double your physical activity when you feel stress increasing.

Set GoalsSet a goal of abstinence. Begin with a day, then a week, month, year. Finally, commit yourself to never doing it again.

Make a pocket calendar for a month on a small card. Carry it with you but show it to no one.

If you masturbate, color that day black. Your goal will be to have no black days.

The calendar becomes a strong visual reminder, and should be looked at when you are tempted to add another black day.

Keep your calendar up until you have at least three clear months.

Set up a reward system. Each time you reach a goal, award yourself a quarter. Spend it on something that delights you.

Work On Self-ImprovementWork daily on a self-improvement program. Improve your relationships with your family. Increase your service to your church.

Be outgoing and friendly. Force yourself to be with others and learn to enjoy working and talking with them.

Change in behavior and attitude is most easily achieved through a changed self-image.

Spend time every day imagining yourself strong and in control, easily overcoming tempting situations.

Avoid TemptationWhen on the toilet or showering, leave the door partly open.

Arise immediately in the mornings. Don't lie awake in bed -- start each day with enthusiastic activity.

Avoid people, situations, pictures and reading material that might create sexual excitement.

Use Physical RestraintsWear pajamas that are difficult to open, yet loose and not binding.

Put on several layers of clothing that would be difficult to remove while half asleep.

Hold an object -- for example, a Bible -- even in bed at night.

In severe cases, tie a hand to the bed frame.

Be Alert To EmotionsBe aware of situations that depress you or that cause you to feel lonely, bored, frustrated or discouraged. These emotional states can trigger the desire to masturbate as a way of escape.

Plan to counter these low periods through reading a book, visiting a friend, doing something athletic, etc.

Employ aversion therapy. To cancel out the pleasurableness of masturbating , associate something very distasteful with the act. For example, imagine bathing in a tub of worms and eating some of them.

Paul

jn

Hey Ted
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2004, 12:33:14 PM »
Aversion therapy, as a general rule, doesn't stop compulsive or addictive behaviors.   I studied various aversion therapy routines while in college and found that even using sickness inducing drugs couldn't stop compulsive/addictive behaviors.  

Come up the St. Paul and check out the Museum of Questionable Medical devices.  It's chock full of weird quackery including various chastity belts and genital clamps designed to prevent this very thing.

Hey what about the deal down in a TX town called Burleson? The local police set up a "sting" to get a local woman to sell them a vibrator.  They posed as as a married couple having sexual difficulties, talked a woman (a 5th grade teacher) into selling them one and then arrested her.   What the?????? :huh:  

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hey Ted
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2004, 12:42:03 PM »
101, What is that? I've never seen anything like it before; it sounds a little stupid to me. Imagine sitting in a bathtub of worms? Wear pajamas that are hard to open. Oh brother. :P

Aside from that, Mormon kids are encouraged not to masturbate. I guess it has to do with self-control, abstinence, lust, etc. Where did this thing come from?  
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Ted
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2004, 12:42:15 PM »
Your talking about a town with an entire population of like 20,000 people.  That would never happen here in San Anton, where we have TWO ADULT VIDEO MEGAPLEXES!  Never been inside(not that I haven't wanted to, me and the wifey haven't gotten out much with the newborn), but these places are HUGE and sell EVERY TOY you could think of!  :wub:  
Paul