Author Topic: Mad Dog Madsen  (Read 2342 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Mad Dog Madsen
« on: February 22, 2004, 06:00:37 PM »
Nice job on Tim Mad Dog!   :angry:  :angry:  
Paul

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Mad Dog Madsen
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 06:04:47 PM »
Home cookin jn.

Nice ghost 3 point foul against Timmy.

Like the way the clock didn't go down at the 8 second mark

Fitting your team chokes, can't even get a shot off.  You'll never make it out of the second round. :lol:  
Paul

jn

Mad Dog Madsen
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 06:45:11 PM »
Ppfffffffftttt!!!!  Home cookin' when Casell gets a foul sitting on the floor and we lose a basket cause Manu throws himself to the floor going through a pick? Stinkin' Peron loving, high inflation causing, Falkland Island stealing PUNK! :lol:  Let's not forget Timmy's terrific volleyball spike out of bounds yet you kept the ball and scored.  :angry:  I thought you guys had the advantage, then it evened out with the play where they called TD for fouling Wally on the break and didn't call KG for hitting TD's forearm.  

Tim just wishes he was as coordinated as Madsen!   :rolleyes:  

Didn't see the first half but in the second I'd say the main problem was giving up second chance points.  

Too much Kandi makes me sick to my stomach.  :wacko:  

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Mad Dog Madsen
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 06:57:27 PM »
Too much Kandi, huh?

In the paper this morning, an article said that Rasho was well-liked among the Spurs, and that was clear Saturday. Then, talking about his old team while sitting in his old arena, he said his time was "up and down" in Minnesota, but he has good memories.

Hedo Turkoglu listened nearby and couldn't help himself. "Good memories," he repeated, smiling. "See them boo tomorrow."

Turkoglu drew an affectionate, loud ovation when he returned to Sacramento this season. Now he was telling Nesterovic to expect the opposite today.

But Turkoglu was kidding as friends do. Nesterovic smiled back, even after Turkoglu gave him a long "boooo." :lol:

Hedo nailed that right on the head!
Paul

jn

Mad Dog Madsen
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 07:16:29 PM »
Hey we drafted him and stuck with him.  He got the chance to develop his game under the McYoda.  He has one decent year and bolts.  I'd be disappointed if our fans didn't boo.

As for his time here there was an article last year about some of his isolation.  Apparently the only guys he ever hung with off the court at all were Laphonso Ellis, (here only one year) Sam Mitchell, (the Wolves father figure) and Wally.

And yeah, correct me if I'm wrong but Kandi took more shots in the 3rd than Thud, Wally or Spree and missed.  

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Mad Dog Madsen
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2004, 08:22:04 PM »
more from that article jn.  This true?  

The Timberwolves know that. In five years here Nesterovic was less like the volatile Kevin Garnett than he was something called the "silent defender."

The "silent defender" is still in the Target Center. At least 7-feet tall, he's not like anyone who has ever suited up. For one, he's maroon. For another, he's made of vinyl.

The Timberwolves would prop up the cut-out figure for shooting drills. With arms raised, the "silent defender" forced players to arc the ball.

But he was also used as a dunking dummy for Nesterovic. A Timberwolves assistant coach would instruct Nesterovic to post the vinyl enemy, even knock it over, then dunk and scream.

Would that bring out the beast in Rasho?

When that didn't work, Garnett yelled at him, as did Flip Saunders. What the Timberwolves didn't understand is that Rasho tired of it. Nesterovic left Minnesota, in part, because he felt the sting of being the scapegoat when Minnesota's seasons ended early.
Paul

jn

Mad Dog Madsen
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2004, 11:19:55 PM »
Yeah I've seen articles on the Silent Defender.  Ha!  Rash, big baby.  On the T-Wolves scapegoat list he didn't eve rate top 5.  He's definitely behind AP, Wally, Terrell Brandon, KG's contract, Joe Smith, and Marbury.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Mad Dog Madsen
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2004, 12:17:33 AM »
Awesome game, lots of good plays, lots of weak plays.  Will recap tommorow a.m., I'm surrounded by pizza beer and babes right now.

jn what is your take on Spree?
Frankly i think he held the ball on purpose in a sullen pout punk job because according to Cassell the final play was supposed to go to Spree earlier.
If i can't get the good shot i wanted ill just pout and hold the ball and let the game end.  Weak and mega selfish.  Throw up something even if it ends up being an airball by 10 feet.  Or you get the phantom call like the 3 freethrows.

Didn't tape, watched it on Telemondo  :D  correct me if when he caught the ball the horn had already sounded.  I distinctly remember time on the clock when he caught the ball.

Update, saw news sports edition in realtime.  He caught the ball with what looked like a full on 1.4 seconds (or so) and actually faked a shot then held.   :huh:  
« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 01:43:23 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Mad Dog Madsen
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2004, 11:02:55 AM »
Didn't get to catch the game.  I really LOVE to watch the Wolves this year.  Everytime I see them on I turn and will watch the whole game.  Not sure if the game was close for 48 minutes but the end score looks like the end of the game was great.

Good win by the Spurs.  These Wolves are no joke and will def be someone the Spurs might see in the first or second round.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com