Author Topic: Ziggy  (Read 3972 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Ziggy
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2004, 04:07:59 PM »
The fact that your blood boils over other people's opinions should be a sure sign that you need to step back and understand why this makes you so mad in the first place.

Again, I choose to stop BEFORE my blood boils -- it's the reason, once again, that I don't want to talk politics on basketball boards.  I didn't join the MSNBC board for politics -- there WAS one -- I joined the one for basketball, why is that so hard for you to understand?  I don't enjoy talking politics -- because it gets down to ideology and frankly, I will go other places for that discussion.  If we EVER want to really make this a basketball board, then I would say we either talk basketball here or create a different forum for all the off-topic stuff -- or watch people walk away (and others not join).

You think its dumb for people to vote for Kerry based on the fact that hes not George Bush....yet you are voting for Bush based on the fact that hes not John Kerry.

Am I voting for Bush simply because he isn't Kerry?  No, probably not -- there is a great deal that I don't like that Bush has done but I like a lot more of what Bush stands for and frankly, I have ZERO idea what Kerry stands for.  Right now, I don't believe we need a weak leader -- and a leader that doesn't have the ability to put forth an agenda with specific plan for how to accomplish that agenda isn't the kind of president we need, right now.  Of course, that's my opinion -- just like it's yours that you want to vote against Bush no matter WHO is running.  I don't know why you feel that your lunacy is any better than mine.  I never said that Bush is doing a fabulous job -- never said that he is the best person for the job -- there are some things that I think he gets blamed for -- like the economy and 9/11 -- both things that, IMO, were more of a result of the Clinton organization than Bush.  The economy was already on a downward spin before the election -- the election that took place continued to make that spin faster downward -- not to mention some huge mistakes by Greenspan.  I'm not saying that Bush didn't have any hand in that -- just that there was ZERO way for him to change everything in 9 months -- you can barely get lightbulbs changed that quickly in Washington.

So you werent calling me a demo? What were you getting at? Liberal and democrat are not one in the same Randy.

Hmm, I sooo hate labels, don't you?
Randy this is a basketball forum.... that always turns into an OT board when its the off-season.  Its been like that for a while now.  All these political posts came during a time when there was NO new basketball news worth talking about.  Heck, there isnt much to talk about outside of the campaign right now.  

Obviously there are a number of people here who care to talk to each other about whats going on in the election.  Everyone is replying to political threads and not everyone is taking part in basketball threads.  Perfect example is this very thread...I made a statement saying I was trying to be more positive in posting good things players have done and it spawned this, which got 2x the replies my original thread did.   Since we have a good variety of ages, locations, and backrounds its not a bad place to talk....especially with people you've posted and discussed other things with.  On a public board its a little different, more immaturity and less real debating.   More petty personal shots about unrelated topics and less strong stances on the issues at hand.   You dont want to get into it? Great.  Then take Reality or WoW's approach and don't return until the season is under way.  Just because you personally feel this should be basketball and basketball only doesn't mean everyone else does.  Is that hard for you to understand?  Its not that hard to spot a basketball thread out of a political thread.  I don't think any team has players named George Bush or John Kerry.

Check the back pages.....Ive posted more basktball related news than anyone else in the past few weeks.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 04:10:49 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com