Author Topic: Ziggy  (Read 3970 times)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ziggy
« on: September 25, 2004, 10:42:52 PM »
I think we should stop posting links to political articles and such. We want to be "positive." We wouldn't want to inundate our phillyarena brethren with articles with which we know they might not agree. That just wouldn't be "positive." So let's hold off, okay? And apologies to those who have suffered from our negative posts; we should have been more thoughtful.

:bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Ziggy
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 02:38:53 AM »
I think we should stop posting links to political articles and such. We want to be "positive." We wouldn't want to inundate our phillyarena brethren with articles with which we know they might not agree. That just wouldn't be "positive." So let's hold off, okay? And apologies to those who have suffered from our negative posts; we should have been more thoughtful.

:bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
:rolleyes:

Sorry I struck a republican nerve Ted......but I was talking about both sides posting articles and making comments about the other but mainly about myself.  I'm just as much to blame as you and Ziggy put together. From the looks of this seperate thread dedicated to me it one might think you got a little butt hurt lol.  You know the good ol saying about assuming things right?  

« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 02:55:24 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
Ziggy
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 10:53:07 AM »
It makes an ass out of you? . . . okay, and me.

Please take no offense because I took none. Those little emoticons are rolling on the floor laughing, not crying. :cheers:

I guess I just found it curious that someone from the left side of the phillyarena board wanted to get positive after our little flurry of article postings, and not after 101's three-month BBS campaign or your posting of anti-right conspiracy theory articles. I see now that it was mere coincidence, and I apologize for jumping to that conclusion.  :rolleyes:  
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 10:54:42 AM by Ted »

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Ziggy
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 11:00:14 AM »

Please take no offense because I took none. Those little emoticons are rolling on the floor laughing, not crying. :cheers:

I guess I just found it curious that you wanted to get positive after our little flurry of article postings, and not the posting of anti-right conspiracy theory articles. I see now that it was mere coincidence, and I apologize for jumping to that conclusion.
Actually I'm never one to run away from a debate or an article that goes against what I belive to be true.  In order for anyone to truly make a decision, like voting, I feel they need to keep in open mind and check out both sides of the coin.  I gave props to Ziggy in another thread for posting an article.  I didn't agree with it (and stated my reasons) but it was a good read.  If im going to battle some of you older out of touch Rep. (lol) then I need to be informed on the view comming from that direction right?  As for you finding it a little curious that I wanted to get positive after your flurry....none of you guys have directly responded to me.  Randy took a crack and gave up, Ziggy I dont think saw my reply to him, and Joe has been MIA so I never got a response back from him.  I've been twice as vocal on this board as you and Ziggy combined.  Btw, those werent anti-right conspiracy theories...they were anti-government  :D

Besides, the articles you guys are posting are weak compared to some of them ive read bashing both sides.  If I can find the link I'll post an article bashing folks for voting for Kerry based on the lesser of two evils.  The article brings up a good point on how close the two are on alot of issues..so much so 'you couldnt fit a piece of paper between em.'  Apology not accepted...you still are a "blood"  :rofl:

I wanted to be more positive thread myself notice I didn't say anything other than 'To make a more positive thread'.  Thought it was pretty clear I was speaking for myself and myself only.  I can continue to tell you how dumb the guy you are voting for is, how he flip flops, and how he's screwed alot of American's in the last few years....I thought I'd mix it up.  I've got six weeks left.  
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 11:15:52 AM by westkoast »

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
Ziggy
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 11:09:19 AM »
Dude, I'm 29. If that's "old" then  :cry:  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Ziggy
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 11:17:45 AM »
Dude, I'm 29. If that's "old" then  :cry:
Coulda fooled me...I thought you were old enough to know Jesus on a personal level. :D  

Guest_Randy

Ziggy
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2004, 11:25:48 AM »

I guess I just found it curious that you wanted to get positive after our little flurry of article postings, and not the posting of anti-right conspiracy theory articles. I see now that it was mere coincidence, and I apologize for jumping to that conclusion.
Actually I'm never one to run away from a debate or an article that goes against what I belive to be true.  In order for anyone to truly make a decision, like voting, I feel they need to keep in open mind and check out both sides of the coin.  I gave props to Ziggy in another thread for posting an article.  I didn't agree with it (and stated my reasons) but it was a good read.  If im going to battle some of you older out of touch Rep. (lol) then I need to be informed on the view comming from that direction right?  As for you finding it a little curious that I wanted to get positive after your flurry....none of you guys have directly responded to me.  Randy took a crack and gave up, Ziggy I dont think saw my reply to him, and Joe has been MIA so I never got a response back from him.  I've been twice as vocal on this board as you and Ziggy combined.  Btw, those werent anti-right conspiracy theories...they were anti-government  :D

Besides, the articles you guys are posting are weak compared to some of them ive read bashing both sides.  If I can find the link I'll post an article bashing folks for voting for Kerry based on the lesser of two evils.  The article brings up a good point on how close the two are on alot of issues..so much so 'you couldnt fit a piece of paper between em.'  Apology not accepted...you still are a "blood"  :rofl:

I wanted to be more positive thread myself notice I didn't say anything other than 'To make a more positive thread'.  Thought it was pretty clear I was speaking for myself and myself only.  I can continue to tell you how dumb the guy you are voting for is, how he flip flops, and how he's screwed alot of American's in the last few years....I thought I'd mix it up.  I've got six weeks left.
Umm, Westkoast, I have decided to come here and post basketball -- all of this political banter, frankly, makes me want to come here a lot less.  It has a lot less with "giving up" as you suggested, and not wanting to make this board a war zone due to political differences.  I frankly, don't want all that stuff to affect me when I come on this board to talk about what I come here for -- BASKETBALL!  

By-the-way, you seriously crack me up when you make comments about not being "republican or democrat" -- yeah, and Dan Rather was "just doing his job as a media reporter and merely reporting the facts unbiasedly."  The problem is that you are so far left of the line that you can't even see the line anymore!

I REALLY wish we would keep this board for it's INTENDED purpose and just talk basketball!  There are many times that I don't discuss two issues with people:  politics and religion -- because it's a good way to end friendships!

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
Ziggy
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2004, 11:26:28 AM »
Dude, I'm 29. If that's "old" then  :cry:
Coulda fooled me...I thought you were old enough to know Jesus on a personal level. :D
I wonder who the oldest person on the board is . . .

Rolando's got college-age kids.
JoMal seems to be an empty nester, what with his massive diving vacations.
WoW's body is probably as old and used up as anyone on here.
 Interesting . . .

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Ziggy
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2004, 11:43:37 AM »

Umm, Westkoast, I have decided to come here and post basketball -- all of this political banter, frankly, makes me want to come here a lot less.  It has a lot less with "giving up" as you suggested, and not wanting to make this board a war zone due to political differences.  I frankly, don't want all that stuff to affect me when I come on this board to talk about what I come here for -- BASKETBALL!  

By-the-way, you seriously crack me up when you make comments about not being "republican or democrat" -- yeah, and Dan Rather was "just doing his job as a media reporter and merely reporting the facts unbiasedly."  The problem is that you are so far left of the line that you can't even see the line anymore!

I REALLY wish we would keep this board for it's INTENDED purpose and just talk basketball!  There are many times that I don't discuss two issues with people:  politics and religion -- because it's a good way to end friendships!
Randy I'm registered as a liberterian :rolleyes:  Just because I'm very set on Bush not getting re-elected doesn't mean im automatically a Demo.  I think he screwed up and don't want to see him get re-elected.  You guys just automatically assume that because I don't like Bush im a full fleged, die hard, dont even consider voting anything but Demo kinda guy because of my stance on this year's election.  Imagine me voting for more conservative minded people on the local level..You know it is possible to vote outside of what you normally would based on listening to canidates.  Think you could do that?  Bush didn't do a good job and he should not be rewarded with another term IMO.  Your comment about being so far to the left applies to you...just the other direction.

As for a "war zone" only you have taken it that personal.  We all get our little jabs in at each other but I never thought for a single minute that it was that serious between any of us posters.  That's like me hating someone because their view on basketball is different than my own.  I tried to steer MYSELF away from all the political talk and the negativity and this is why this whole thread popped up in the first place lol.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 11:56:51 AM by westkoast »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Ziggy
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »
Dude, I'm 29. If that's "old" then  :cry:
I wonder who the oldest person on the board is . . .

Rolando's got college-age kids.
JoMal seems to be an empty nester, what with his massive diving vacations.
WoW's body is probably as old and used up as anyone on here.
 Interesting . . .
Dan (Laker Fan) and myself are each in our mid 40s.  I believe Rolando is about that age also.

The rest of you are just young whippersnappers who never had to walk uphill in driving snow/rain to and from school every day.  You have had it easy your whole lives with color tvs and a society that frowns on spanking misbehaving children.  :cry:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
Ziggy
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2004, 12:03:56 PM »
The rest of you are just young whippersnappers who never had to walk uphill in driving snow/rain to and from school every day.  You have had it easy your whole lives with color tvs and a society that frowns on spanking misbehaving children.  :cry:
I was not spared the rod. In fact, I earned myself a few butt-whackings in my day. My poor dad would be rotting in jail if he had to raise a kid like me today.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Ziggy
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004, 12:18:11 PM »
The rest of you are just young whippersnappers who never had to walk uphill in driving snow/rain to and from school every day.  You have had it easy your whole lives with color tvs and a society that frowns on spanking misbehaving children.  :cry:
I was not spared the rod. In fact, I earned myself a few butt-whackings in my day. My poor dad would be rotting in jail if he had to raise a kid like me today.
Neither was I and I'm one of the younger posters on the board.  Hearing my friend's son tell his mother that he is going to call child services because she whooped his butt good drives me nuts.

Guest_Randy

Ziggy
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2004, 02:22:04 PM »

Randy I'm registered as a liberterian :rolleyes:  Just because I'm very set on Bush not getting re-elected doesn't mean im automatically a Demo.  I think he screwed up and don't want to see him get re-elected.  You guys just automatically assume that because I don't like Bush im a full fleged, die hard, dont even consider voting anything but Demo kinda guy because of my stance on this year's election.  Imagine me voting for more conservative minded people on the local level..You know it is possible to vote outside of what you normally would based on listening to canidates.  Think you could do that?  Bush didn't do a good job and he should not be rewarded with another term IMO.  Your comment about being so far to the left applies to you...just the other direction.

As for a "war zone" only you have taken it that personal.  We all get our little jabs in at each other but I never thought for a single minute that it was that serious between any of us posters.  That's like me hating someone because their view on basketball is different than my own.  I tried to steer MYSELF away from all the political talk and the negativity and this is why this whole thread popped up in the first place lol.
Okay, go back and read posts again.  You stated that I "gave up" -- I just told you that I DON'T want to start getting personally -- for basketball OR politics.  That's WHY I gave up!  Sorry that you can't understand that.  There comes a point when my blood starts to boil and I move on rather than continuing to rehash and rerehash issues.  

And I didn't say you were a democrat, I just said that you were incredibly liberal!  And I have no problem admitting where I stand on the side of the fence.  As for Bush, there are a LOT of things that I don't agree and/or support him -- but at this point I have TWO choices -- and one of them is a guy that you don't know WHERE he stands.  You have made a number of pointed comments about government, etc. and then fail to admit where you have taken jabs, etc.  I'd rather come here and talk basketball rather than turn it into a political forum.  If I had wanted to join one of those, I already would have.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Ziggy
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2004, 02:37:30 PM »

Okay, go back and read posts again.  You stated that I "gave up" -- I just told you that I DON'T want to start getting personally -- for basketball OR politics.  That's WHY I gave up!  Sorry that you can't understand that.  There comes a point when my blood starts to boil and I move on rather than continuing to rehash and rerehash issues.  

And I didn't say you were a democrat, I just said that you were incredibly liberal!  And I have no problem admitting where I stand on the side of the fence.  As for Bush, there are a LOT of things that I don't agree and/or support him -- but at this point I have TWO choices -- and one of them is a guy that you don't know WHERE he stands.  You have made a number of pointed comments about government, etc. and then fail to admit where you have taken jabs, etc.  I'd rather come here and talk basketball rather than turn it into a political forum.  If I had wanted to join one of those, I already would have.
Would you feel better if I went thru every single post that was political, re-read each letter I pounded on, and tell you exactly every jab i've taken?  I thought they were pretty obvious...maybe I should be much more blunt?  The fact that your blood boils over other people's opinions should be a sure sign that you need to step back and understand why this makes you so mad in the first place.  I think you are the only person around here who takes it that serious.  I certainly have not, as people can tell about jokes I've cracked relating John Kerry to Vlade Divac.

You think its dumb for people to vote for Kerry based on the fact that hes not George Bush....yet you are voting for Bush based on the fact that hes not John Kerry.  Whats the difference?  How can your blood boil when you disagree with people on the view yet you have a very similar one?  That is what I dont understand.   One guy "doesnt know where hes going" and the other guy has an idea, sorta-kinda, but its not in the right direction.

Thanks for telling me I'm really liberal.....unlike yourself I had no idea what side of the fence I was standing on :rolleyes:  I wonder if Google can help me find an online political test to see where I fall.  Im much more liberal when it comes to this ordeal  because I feel there needs to be some serious reform on policies put forth by this administration.  I also believe that we need to re-evaluate some decisions made by this administration.

By-the-way, you seriously crack me up when you make comments about not being "republican or democrat" -- yeah, and Dan Rather was "just doing his job as a media reporter and merely reporting the facts unbiasedly."

So you werent calling me a demo?  What were you getting at?  Liberal and democrat are not one in the same Randy.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 03:28:28 PM by westkoast »

Guest_Randy

Ziggy
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2004, 03:50:33 PM »
The fact that your blood boils over other people's opinions should be a sure sign that you need to step back and understand why this makes you so mad in the first place.

Again, I choose to stop BEFORE my blood boils -- it's the reason, once again, that I don't want to talk politics on basketball boards.  I didn't join the MSNBC board for politics -- there WAS one -- I joined the one for basketball, why is that so hard for you to understand?  I don't enjoy talking politics -- because it gets down to ideology and frankly, I will go other places for that discussion.  If we EVER want to really make this a basketball board, then I would say we either talk basketball here or create a different forum for all the off-topic stuff -- or watch people walk away (and others not join).

You think its dumb for people to vote for Kerry based on the fact that hes not George Bush....yet you are voting for Bush based on the fact that hes not John Kerry.

Am I voting for Bush simply because he isn't Kerry?  No, probably not -- there is a great deal that I don't like that Bush has done but I like a lot more of what Bush stands for and frankly, I have ZERO idea what Kerry stands for.  Right now, I don't believe we need a weak leader -- and a leader that doesn't have the ability to put forth an agenda with specific plan for how to accomplish that agenda isn't the kind of president we need, right now.  Of course, that's my opinion -- just like it's yours that you want to vote against Bush no matter WHO is running.  I don't know why you feel that your lunacy is any better than mine.  I never said that Bush is doing a fabulous job -- never said that he is the best person for the job -- there are some things that I think he gets blamed for -- like the economy and 9/11 -- both things that, IMO, were more of a result of the Clinton organization than Bush.  The economy was already on a downward spin before the election -- the election that took place continued to make that spin faster downward -- not to mention some huge mistakes by Greenspan.  I'm not saying that Bush didn't have any hand in that -- just that there was ZERO way for him to change everything in 9 months -- you can barely get lightbulbs changed that quickly in Washington.

So you werent calling me a demo? What were you getting at? Liberal and democrat are not one in the same Randy.

Hmm, I sooo hate labels, don't you?