Author Topic: CHANCES OF LAKERS WIN  (Read 1200 times)

Outsider

CHANCES OF LAKERS WIN
« on: June 14, 2004, 04:04:45 PM »
If they can win 4 consecutive games against SA, why not 3 against PISTONS?

What are the chances of some of the below happening?
a) Shaq needs to get ball more often.
B) Few 3-pointers by George, Fisher.
c) More consistency from Kobe. More selective in his shots.
d) Motivational and confidence raising speeches by Phil.

Look at Pistons against Nets and Pacers. One never knows - they may hit rough patch again.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
CHANCES OF LAKERS WIN
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 04:16:41 PM »
Honestly... I think it's VERY POSSIBLE.  Detroit's not this unstoppable force, if the Lakers make adjustments & play their style of basketball, like they did against SA, then anything goes.    
Paul

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
CHANCES OF LAKERS WIN
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 04:18:14 PM »
If they can win 4 consecutive games against SA, why not 3 against PISTONS?

What are the chances of some of the below happening?
a) Shaq needs to get ball more often.
B) Few 3-pointers by George, Fisher.
c) More consistency from Kobe. More selective in his shots.
d) Motivational and confidence raising speeches by Phil.

Look at Pistons against Nets and Pacers. One never knows - they may hit rough patch again.
puff puff pass man!!!  :nonono:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
CHANCES OF LAKERS WIN
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 04:31:13 PM »
Can the Lakers really play "their game" without a serviceable power forward?
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
CHANCES OF LAKERS WIN
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 05:05:03 PM »
You hit the nail on the head Ted my man, A hobbled Karl Malone has had a huge impact on the series, more even than Kobe's stupid shot selections and his selfishness in game 4 where Shaq could have and should have scored close to 50 if Bryant would have just passed him the ball, he was unstoppable.

Malone's inability to play Wallace and frustrate his game has been a key factor all series, total props to Malone for trying but it is clear his knee will not allow him to do what he does best, frustrate his opponents post game and rebound.

Injuries are no excuse but I'm telling you Wallace matched against Medvedenko is killing LA, talk about a mismatch! Of course, Larry Bown deciding Kobe will not beat them and double and triple teaming him isn't helping, if Kobe would quit forcing jump shots and pass the bloody ball, or at least drive it and force the action down low, maybe it would change. The Pistons clearly don't respect any of LA's other players the way they are collapsing on Kobe every time he touches the ball, but then why should they, Kobe doesn't respect them either, he won't pass, and in any event, they are doing the same thing Kobe is doing, settling for jump shots, it's like they are terrified of taking it to the rack. I was screaming at George and Malone as well to quit passing up all those open looks they had because of the defensive pressure they have been putting on Bryant, and they just wouldn't shoot, or even take to the hole and force Detroit to foul, their lack of agressivness in the paint cost them at least 8-10 points worth of fouls, hmmmm, how much did they lose by?
Dan

Guest_Randy

CHANCES OF LAKERS WIN
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 05:13:36 PM »
I hate to say this but the problem isn't that LA can't beat them -- it's a question of whether or not LA THINKS they can beat them.  And I'm not talking about Kobe -- Kobe still thinks he can beat them all by himself.  What do the role players think?  Fish, George, Medvendenko, and GP certainly don't look like they think they can beat Detroit.  Detroits role players have soo much confidence in their game -- and it's their DEFENSE that is giving them that confidence.  The only way to take away the confidence of Detroit's role players is to attack their defense.  LA has been playing against Detroit's D, they haven't been attacking Detroits D.  The only players who go into the hole with confidence is Kobe and Shaq.  I really think they need to start doing some major pick and rolls and start allowing Kobe to attack the basket EARLY in the game.  He needs to personally get Big Ben and Sheed in foul trouble.  Campbell is still a shot blocker but the Lakers need to attack Detroit's D -- that will shake up their O.  Right now, Detroit has shaken up the Laker's O and that's bothering their D too.  

They also HAVE to rebound the basketball better -- and that doesn't bode well for the Lakers without Malone on the floor.  However, a hobbling Malone isn't better than the Lakers going small, IMO.  Fox is a very smart defender and they might be able to get by with going small when Sheed and Ben are in the game -- it won't work with Sheed and Campbell, IMO.  Take advantage of that as much as possible.  Also, play Fish more minutes at the point -- let him guard Hamilton -- Billups and Hamilton are BOTH using up GP.