Author Topic: Expansion draft  (Read 4177 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Expansion draft
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2004, 01:37:57 PM »
X3....your first stmt in prior post:
you guys are missing the point on Malik being traded.

I was referring to this statement.

As far as Charlotte taking Rose; it ain't gonna happen.   They have to take a minimum of 14 players.  And no more than one from any team.  They have stated repeatedly that they are not going to eat up their cap on bad contracts.  If they pick a Spur then Ward is a much better fit at 1 year for $1.2 mil than Rose at 5 years and $32 mil.  Rose will be back next year unless Pop can trade him over the summer.
i agree malik wont get picked.

my bad about the statement, i didnt even re-read it myself.

i still think we should ditch "Hedo-n't"
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Expansion draft
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2004, 01:46:52 PM »
Keep in mind they DO have a minimum salary they have to reach, in this year and in future years.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Expansion draft
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2004, 02:05:22 PM »
Keep in mind they DO have a minimum salary they have to reach, in this year and in future years.
Actually for the first two years they don't have a minimum.  And their cap is a percentage of the rest of the teams.  66% in year 1 and 75% inyear 2 I believe.  I just don't have the time to look up the exact figures.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Expansion draft
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2004, 02:27:43 PM »
You're right on one Lurker, wrong on the other.

Directly from the CBA (Article VII Section 2 subsection c)
c) Expansion Team Salary Caps and Minimum Team Salaries. Expansion Teams shall have the same Salary Caps and Minimum Team Salaries as all other Teams, except as follows:

(1) During the first Salary Cap Year in which it begins play, an Expansion Team shall have a Salary Cap equal to 66 and 2/3% of the Salary Cap applicable to all other Teams ("The First Year Expansion Team Salary Cap"); and shall have a Minimum Team Salary equal to 75% of The First Year Expansion Team Salary Cap.

(2) During the second Salary Cap Year in which it begins play, an Expansion Team shall have a Salary Cap equal to 75% of the Salary Cap applicable to all other Teams ("The Second Year Expansion Team Salary Cap"); and shall have a Minimum Team Salary equal to 75% of The Second Year Expansion Team Salary Cap.  

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Expansion draft
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2004, 02:38:53 PM »
So based on a $45 mil salary cap the Bobcats have to have salaries between $22.5 and $30 million.  Spread among 14 or 15 players doesn't allow for someone to make $6-7 mil unless they bring a lot more to the table than Malik would.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Expansion draft
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2004, 02:52:51 PM »
I never said they'd take rose, per se.  I just said that there is a minimum salary.  They can't simply load up on 1 million salaries, especially since one of their players will be a 2nd round pick, making approximatley $400,000