Author Topic: How can the Lakers expect to win if they....  (Read 4299 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
How can the Lakers expect to win if they....
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2004, 02:20:43 PM »
Oh really? Not according to this thread:
http://www.phillyarena.net/forums/index.ph...topic=627&st=30

From your own mouth, jumping in on the east bashing:

Is the East a part of the NBA? I was under the impression the East was the practice team for the NBA Developmental League

Let me revise my post then. THE EASTERN CONFERENCE IS NOT MUCH STRONGER THIS YEAR. ONLY A COUPLE OF TEAMS ARE MUCH STRONGER. The majority of the Eastern Conference were an uncompetitive bunch of patsies. :bash:

--------------------

Paul

Guest_Randy

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2004, 03:40:56 PM »
The Pistons did a GREAT job of taking the Lakers out of their offense -- they never allowed them to develop a rhythm but the Lakers DID manage to find very easy ways to score by the end of the game -- they just couldn't dig themselves out of the hole they got into early.  It's not the first time the Lakers have lost the first game of the finals after a long lay-off.

The Lakers will adjust and most important, come to game #2 with a LOT more energy -- something they must have forgotten at home in game #1.  

I look forward to game #2.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2004, 04:40:18 PM »
zig,

Can Detroit do it again?  Will Detroit shoot more FTs for even one more game in this series?

And finally, are the Anaheim Angels not the nightmare Fantasy team due to injuries and did you pick Troy Glass or Garret Anderson.

Final commentary Troy Percival should not have been allowed in the game so that he c-o-u-l-d blow all those saves.  Earth to Sciocia, "F-Rod".  Other Angel set up relievers have been nails, Scott Shields, Gregg the rookie.  Move Percy to non save situations and FRod becomes the closer.  Duh.
Hearing rumors that the Angels are pursuing Beltran.  If they can pull that off then they have to be considered an equal of the Red Sox and Yankees.  What an outfield of Guillen, Vlad, and Beltran with Garret Anderson at DH, WOW, that is incredible.
Didn't draft Glaus or Anderson, but Percival was my ace closer.  His injury has completely screwed up my strategy.  I am not to happy about it.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2004, 05:04:24 PM »
Oh man this board cracks me up sometimes (sp101 especially lol).  Ziggy have fun getting your shots in.  God only knows how long youve been waiting.

Im glad they lost this game.........I bet 50$ against some bandwagon fan at the river that they would split at home.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2004, 05:45:42 PM »
Oh man this board cracks me up sometimes (sp101 especially lol).  Ziggy have fun getting your shots in.  God only knows how long youve been waiting.

Im glad they lost this game.........I bet 50$ against some bandwagon fan at the river that they would split at home.
Westcoast,
You misunderstand my post.  Yes I am rooting for the Pistons, but only because they are going against my most hated rival.  In the end really I could care less.  I am just raising the points made the Laker faithful, only using the Lakers performance as the foil for their own words.  So in short as I have posted above already, the Lakers ain't going to win in 6 if they don't figure out a way to deal with the Pistons incredible and sufficating defense.  If they do, then more power to them, because no else has since Rasheed joined the Pistons.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2004, 07:06:20 PM »
Hearing rumors that the Angels are pursuing Beltran.  If they can pull that off then they have to be considered an equal of the Red Sox and Yankees.  What an outfield of Guillen, Vlad, and Beltran with Garret Anderson at DH, WOW, that is incredible.
Didn't draft Glaus or Anderson, but Percival was my ace closer.  His injury has completely screwed up my strategy.  I am not to happy about it.
If the Angels owner Artie Moreno is now pursuing Beltran for real, then he is indeed the best thing to come to SoCal baseball since Nolan Ryan.  I mean he already is with Vlad G and Colonge, altho Colonge is bombing he had two victories snatched into defeats c/o Sciosias love affair with obviously (to all but Sciocia) off Percy.

Problem is the Royals certainly are going to get trade offers for Beltran, so i wonder who Moreno would trade to get him?  Ramon Ortiz bombed as a pitcher ealier this year, and while he is rebounding nicely in relief stints his trade value is nowhere near a Beltran.  Angles ought to dangle 2nd year pitcher John Lackey (before his last 4 starts) with Ekstein.  Hmmn is that enough?

Colonge for Beltran.  Wouldn't that be a trip.  Colonges mega salary would nix that tho i bet for the Royals.

Boston is offering Byun Yunk Kim and ____.

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2004, 12:53:23 AM »
Hearing rumors that the Angels are pursuing Beltran.  If they can pull that off then they have to be considered an equal of the Red Sox and Yankees.  What an outfield of Guillen, Vlad, and Beltran with Garret Anderson at DH, WOW, that is incredible.
Didn't draft Glaus or Anderson, but Percival was my ace closer.  His injury has completely screwed up my strategy.  I am not to happy about it.
If the Angels owner Artie Moreno is now pursuing Beltran for real, then he is indeed the best thing to come to SoCal baseball since Nolan Ryan.  I mean he already is with Vlad G and Colonge, altho Colonge is bombing he had two victories snatched into defeats c/o Sciosias love affair with obviously (to all but Sciocia) off Percy.

Problem is the Royals certainly are going to get trade offers for Beltran, so i wonder who Moreno would trade to get him?  Ramon Ortiz bombed as a pitcher ealier this year, and while he is rebounding nicely in relief stints his trade value is nowhere near a Beltran.  Angles ought to dangle 2nd year pitcher John Lackey (before his last 4 starts) with Ekstein.  Hmmn is that enough?

Colonge for Beltran.  Wouldn't that be a trip.  Colonges mega salary would nix that tho i bet for the Royals.

Boston is offering Byun Yunk Kim and ____.
Actually if I was the Angels I would offer Jose Guillen, and Jered Weaver their #1 pick for Beltran.  Guillen is being paid $6,000,000 total for this year and next with a club option for 2006, that is less than Beltran is being paid right now.  That is just what KC would want.
Guillen is only 28, and is having a big season, so he has good value, and would be a good replacement for Beltran in KC, plus they get Weaver.  Weaver has been incredible in college, but if he is anything like his brother he is an overrated flake.  Fact is Beltran is one of the top 10 offensive players in baseball (Bonds, Pujols, ARod, Vlad, Beltran, Manny, Helton, Abreu, and Rolen in that order).  That would be 2 of the top 5 offensive players, plus Garrett Anderson.  Look out Yankees.
Weaver may be a dominate pitcher someday, but Anaheim has lots of pitching (Washburn, Colon, Escobar, Lackey, Sele. and Ortiz), with a solid and deep bullpen (Percival, KRod, and Shields).

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2004, 08:53:42 AM »
Oh man this board cracks me up sometimes (sp101 especially lol).  Ziggy have fun getting your shots in.  God only knows how long youve been waiting.

Westcoast,
You misunderstand my post.  Yes I am rooting for the Pistons, but only because they are going against my most hated rival.  In the end really I could care less.  I am just raising the points made the Laker faithful, only using the Lakers performance as the foil for their own words.  So in short as I have posted above already, the Lakers ain't going to win in 6 if they don't figure out a way to deal with the Pistons incredible and sufficating defense.  If they do, then more power to them, because no else has since Rasheed joined the Pistons.
I didn't misunderstand your post.  It was about taking shots.  Am I not allowed to laugh at the posts in the thread without hurting feelings?

We all know why you are rooting for the pistons.  The same reason why Reality is rooting for the pistons.

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2004, 10:00:27 AM »
Oh man this board cracks me up sometimes (sp101 especially lol).  Ziggy have fun getting your shots in.  God only knows how long youve been waiting.

Westcoast,
I didn't misunderstand your post.  It was about taking shots.  Am I not allowed to laugh at the posts in the thread without hurting feelings?

We all know why you are rooting for the pistons.  The same reason why Reality is rooting for the pistons.
Westcoast, since you are so adept at reading my mind who was I taking shots at?  Which of my poor wittle feeling got hurt?  Oh and by the way, I apologize for hurting your feelings :cry: by taking at shot at your Lakers  :hail: .  I will try to be more sensitive to your feeling in the future.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2004, 10:06:33 AM »
I am just raising the points made the Laker faithful, only using the Lakers performance as the foil for their own words.
Sounds like taking shots to me Ziggy.  I dont need to read your mind.  Only your reply to me.  I mean its not like you werent taking a sarcastic tone in your post.

lol @ you trying to flip this on me. You didnt hurt feelings.  I just had to point it out...I guess taking shots to you is something a little different than what the rest of us think it is.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 11:11:11 AM by westkoast »