Author Topic: Draft order  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Draft order
« on: May 26, 2004, 08:37:13 PM »
WOW while i know at this point the .4 Lakers losing this year seems improbable, is that what it will take to get Kobe over to the Clips?  They got #2 yee haw!  Who could they pair him with.  For guards that New York City kid that gets all the hype has fallen to a 6'7" h.s. point guard.  6'11" Howard kid seems to be high on everyones list.  Is Korea Yao developing or who knows.

NBA draft lottery selection order
Pick  Team  
1.  Orlando  
2.  L.A. Clippers  (yesss)
3.  Chicago  
4.  Charlotte  
5.  Washington  
6.  Atlanta  
7.  Phoenix  
8.  Toronto  
9.  Philadelphia  
10.  Cleveland  
11.  Golden State  
12.  Seattle  
13.  Portland  
14.  Utah
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 08:49:17 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Draft order
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 12:44:51 AM »
I hope Orlando goes after a big man from college.  Or even a SF to replace Grant Hill.

Who cares if the Clippers have the #2 pick?  Do you remember who they spent their last top pick on?  
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Draft order
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 01:55:54 AM »
Who cares if the Clippers have the #2 pick?  Do you remember who they spent their last top pick on?
Clips season ticket holders, that's who cares.  Clips recent drafts have been excellent.

2001 2nd overall Tyson Chandler.  Traded his rights along with Brian (Seymore) Skinner and acquired Elton Brand.  A good trade I'd say.
2002 8th overall Chris Wilcox has had many solid minutes.
2003 Chris Kaman at 7'0" looks like a fantastic role player, solid rookie year, very good rebounder O and D, can score has a lot of if not the most spectacular offensive moves.

Kobe would jam ticket sales thru the roof.  Go TWolves!!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 01:57:26 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Draft order
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 10:13:20 AM »
Who cares if the Clippers have the #2 pick?  Do you remember who they spent their last top pick on?
Clips season ticket holders, that's who cares.  Clips recent drafts have been excellent.

2001 2nd overall Tyson Chandler.  Traded his rights along with Brian (Seymore) Skinner and acquired Elton Brand.  A good trade I'd say.
2003 Chris Kaman at 7'0" looks like a fantastic role player, solid rookie year, very good rebounder O and D, can score has a lot of if not the most spectacular offensive moves.

Umm...Does Michael Olawakandi ring a bell?  Chris Kaman has the most spectacular offensive moves?  LOL!  Its a little early to be smoking crack dont you think?

You know what I love about the playoffs?  The fact that you dont post when the Lakers win.  You've been very quiet over the last few weeks.....I enjoy that.  Front running is a tough job but someone has to do it right?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 10:14:24 AM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Draft order
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 11:00:29 AM »
The Clips, like every other team, make mistakes.  They have not made a mistake in the last three drafts.  Sure there could have been better players but they haven't spent their picks on a bust lately.

This year doesn't have much to offer in the draft.  The Clips need a PG in the worst way.  There are two leading candidates at the PG spot but they're both in HS and one is about or less than 6 feet.

So far Clips tix have not increased in price because there is this unwritten rule that they will not raise tix prices on a yearly basis, like every other team in the NBA, until they reach the playoffs.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Draft order
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 11:16:53 AM »
Umm...Does Michael Olawakandi ring a bell?  Chris Kaman has the most spectacular offensive moves?  LOL!  Its a little early to be smoking crack dont you think?

notice my quote was " if not the most spectacular offensive moves."

Compare with your twist.  
Resume Nozing and snuggling with your DFisher doll.  You like that.

Candyman was '98.  2000+ drafts have been good for the Clips.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Draft order
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 12:00:02 PM »
Okefer is the only logical choice for Orlando to take at #1. The Howard kid is just that - a kid. He could be good or he could be Kwame Brown. The thing is, after the first 14 or so players, you have second round talent the rest of the way. A few of those players will turn out to be good, but the majority are going to hold down a bench post for a year or two and then be gone. This is not a good draft.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Guest_Randy

Draft order
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 12:26:49 PM »

You know what I love about the playoffs?  The fact that you dont post when the Lakers win.  You've been very quiet over the last few weeks.....I enjoy that.  Front running is a tough job but someone has to do it right?
It's amazing, Koast, how QUIET it has been on this board lately.  How Reality has even disappeared for long stretches and been reticent to post on the topic of the Lakers after the smackdown the Lakers put on the Spurs.  I have zero ill wishes for ANY Spurs fans and have tried to be as gracious in winning and most of these fans have been in the past -- Reality doesn't belong in that pack (which is clear as most Spurs fans have distanced themselves from the lead bandwagoneer).  I find it hilarious that when he can't say anything negative about the Lakers (because they beat his [at least for this year] Spurs) he merely refrains from saying anything at all.  Of course, we all know he is merely biding his time until next year but he definately has shown his true colors.  I'm STILL waiting for him to give props to the Lakers for BEATING  :bash:  the Spurs (of course, I'm not holding my breath  :nonono: ).

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Draft order
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 01:04:45 PM »
Umm...Does Michael Olawakandi ring a bell?  Chris Kaman has the most spectacular offensive moves?  LOL!  Its a little early to be smoking crack dont you think?

notice my quote was " if not the most spectacular offensive moves."

Compare with your twist.  
Resume Nozing and snuggling with your DFisher doll.  You like that.

Candyman was '98.  2000+ drafts have been good for the Clips.
LOL what a big twist.  I totally changed what you were getting at :rolleyes:  Garnett and Dirk have some of the best offensive moves in the game for being that tall...Kaman is nowhere near either of them.

Tyson Chandler was not a great pick up, they were lucky enough to be able to get Brand for him.   Correct me if I am wrong but the Clippers were going to draft him anyways......the Bulls just happend to want him more.  So much so that they gave up their best player for him.  You tell me that Chandler would have made this team decent like Brand has.  Chandler is not nearly as good as Brand is.

Randy, please refrain from putting Reality and the rest of the Spurs nation in the same paragraph.  Do not tarnish the high level of class they have by doing so.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 01:10:03 PM by westkoast »