Author Topic: OT - WTF! Why are the movies I want to see all in 3 effing D?  (Read 6357 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT - WTF! Why are the movies I want to see all in 3 effing D?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 02:17:42 PM »
I finally just gave up going out to movies. If I have to look forward to confrontations with idiots every time I go to see a movie, why bother. Too old to be throwing down with a mother who won't control her kids. Last time I had to confront a moron who just would not shut up once the movie started, not even close to a whisper. He got up to confront me but once I stood up, he found his seat and shut up, but still......

I think it will be interesting to see how the improvement in internet speeds to homes changes the movie landscape.  If most homes get the super fast 100 mb connections like they are proposing there could be a way for you to stream movies after they leave theaters but before they video like the airlines in high definition to your expensive big screen.  You might not have to leave your home to see new movies if they work on a good delivery method.

Though I guess you also figured you would see the flying car by now back in your younger days so....don't hold your breath.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 03:16:41 PM »
Whatayer talking about? My car flies. Doesn't yours?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 05:35:11 PM »
Whatayer talking about? My car flies. Doesn't yours?

Thank god people don't have flying cars! If they did there would be so many accidents and chunks of metal falling out of the sky, that going outside would become hazardous to your health.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 07:24:02 PM »
I think it will be interesting to see how the improvement in internet speeds to homes changes the movie landscape.  If most homes get the super fast 100 mb connections like they are proposing there could be a way for you to stream movies after they leave theaters but before they video like the airlines in high definition to your expensive big screen.  You might not have to leave your home to see new movies if they work on a good delivery method.

It's amazing to think they are shooting for 100 MB over cellular.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 10:22:32 AM »
I finally just gave up going out to movies. If I have to look forward to confrontations with idiots every time I go to see a movie, why bother. Too old to be throwing down with a mother who won't control her kids. Last time I had to confront a moron who just would not shut up once the movie started, not even close to a whisper. He got up to confront me but once I stood up, he found his seat and shut up, but still......

Watch your back old man....

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local-beat/Moviegoer-Tells-Woman-to-Stop-Talking-On-Cell-Phone-Gets-Stabbed-in-the-Neck-87144462.html

Moviegoer Tells Woman to Stop Talking On Cell Phone, Gets Stabbed in the Neck
The stabbing occurred last Saturday at the Cinemark 22
By SCOTT WEBER
Updated 4:11 PM PST, Wed, Mar 10, 2010

A woman talking on a cell phone during a movie didn't take kindly to being "shushed" by another moviegoer. Or at least her boyfriend didn't.

In a drama that turned more lively than the one on screen -- "Shutter Island" -- the boyfriend allegedly attacked and stabbed the "shusher" in the neck with a meat thermometer. Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said the stabbing occured Saturday during a screening of the Martin Scorsese film.

Deputies say that while the movie was playing, a woman was talking on her phone and the victim asked her to turn it off.

The victim was attacked by the woman's boyfriend and another man. Deputies say he was stabbed in the neck with a meat thermometer.

The stabbing victim is expected to survive and is recovering at a hospital. Two others who tried to help the victim also were injured, according to Whitmore.

According to sheriff's officials, the suspects were described as black males. One man was wearing an orange hat with an orange jersey and the other man was dressed in a black hooded sweatshirt.

There was no word on why the man had a meat thermometer in a movie theater.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 02:10:41 PM »

Watch your back old man....

I can identify.

Was accosted at a sceening of "Bedtime for Frances" by a pre-teen with a rectal thermometer who would not take "uh uh" for an answer.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."