Author Topic: Congrats.......  (Read 4616 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Congrats.......
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 11:35:03 AM »
Reality Inc. wishes to that the boards consumers for yet another record breaking year.
I watched "Up" last night and thus missed the Lakers clinching game over the Magic.
I know "Up" didn't have as much creativity, special effects, fabrication, comedy, and payoff as the Laker Entertainment but I'm sure some reenactments will be done by the boards Lakers.  As usual.

Congrats, Laker "cousins"!    ;D

It seemed that this team finally figured it out halfway through the Denver series that they would have to play consistent on BOTH ends of the court.  They really stepped up the defense on Orlando.  And I agree that Gasol's contributions will be overlooked.

BTW my picks for finals MVP were:

Chris Wallace
Gasol
Kobe
Lurker, in his desperate MVP pursuit how many of Gasols shots did Kobe block along with steals by Kobs of Gasol?  I know the 15 pt margin allowed Kobs to avoid a 4th end of game choke job but he's still batting way over .500 for the series.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 11:48:17 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"This user is currently ignored."  ;D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 11:48:55 AM »
Chris Wallace

I think he will be at the parade.  ;D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 05:07:29 PM »
I....<er>......you know.......congrats.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 11:19:42 AM »
Lakers deserve a lot of credit for coming up with some superb play in the Finals.  I was very disapointed that Orlando didn't represent themselves with their best effort, but a lot of that had to do with the Lakers pressure.

The way the Lakers controlled game 5 was the most discouraging thing, as though Orlando had given up any idea of challenging the Lakers.

Looking ahead, salary cap issues are going to be a problem, expecting Ariza or Odom to sacrifice money to stay with the franchise is absurd.  They will get offers and LA will either match or let them go.  Maybe they should ask Kobe to give up some of his Millions instead!

Bynum was a real disappointment, and one wonders what they will do about it. Against Orlando it didn't matter, but against a healthy Boston it might have been a different outcome. In any case Gasol will need inside help against teams like the Celtics, and Odom isn't quite big enough to battle inside with the giants.

As much as Fishers game has declined, he still stepped up to make some big, big shots for the Lakers. I hate to say it, but this was likely his last hurrah, he isn't good enough to be the Lakers starting point next season, and there's no reason for the team to carry him making up for his deficiencies.

Still, the Lakers core is intact and Gasol and Kobe guarantee the Lakers will be back competing for the championship for years. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 01:39:26 PM »

Bynum was a real disappointment, and one wonders what they will do about it. Against Orlando it didn't matter, but against a healthy Boston it might have been a different outcome. In any case Gasol will need inside help against teams like the Celtics, and Odom isn't quite big enough to battle inside with the giants.

You are right here.  Though I disagree with Orlando it didn't matter.  Having another big body with 6 fouls is still more effective than having a smaller, less skilled player.  He did a solid job on Dwight Howard.  Though the rest of the playoffs he was a real disappointment like you said.  Us Lakers fans kept wishing for a series for him to break out and it never came.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com