Author Topic: Is Jameer Nelson that stupid or was he paid off?  (Read 3552 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is Jameer Nelson that stupid or was he paid off?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 03:35:23 PM »
All THREE times I've done it?

Wasn't saying you specifically, but I've seen it done a lot of times by a lot of people.  Every time yes, I do consider it baiting.  it serves no other purpose.

To me, it's the same thing as saying "I think so little of you as a poster that I'm not going to read your post".  That's an attack.  It serves no purpose other than to let that person (and everyone else) know how little you think of the previous poster.  If you want to ignore them, then IGNORE them.  don't go "nananananana, I don't see your posts!".

It's not for a response from Reality so it can't be baiting.

If it instigates a response from reality then it's baiting, regardless of whether your original intent was a response from someone else.

You are going at ME for what you perceive as a personal attack and baiting....yet you didn't have the same words when Reality was calling WOW gay for telling him not to post those bikini photos (a real personal attack) and continues to make threads that are really trying to bait people.

1) "Yeah, well he does it too!" isn't really a defense IMO.  In fact, it just lessens your stance.  I was hoping the ignore feature would improve stupid back and forth attacks.  Unfortunately it's not.

2) I'm not here to moderate.  I can't express this more times than I have.  if it ever gets to that point, I'll shut down the boards.  I responded to you because I expect it from reality.

We do a heckuva lot more discussing people on this board than basketball, and it's getting old real quick.

by Bods  I would consider posting "This user is currently ignored" in response to a person's post frequently is a form of baiting and personal attack. Now, I'm not a moderator here, nor do I wish to be, but I did think most of the posters here were above that.

by Lurker  As long as you respond you are not ignoring him.  What good does it do to have the ignore feature if you reply half the time you see it?

You obviously aren't ignoring him.

Bods is right on this point.  Either ignore the person or not.  If you are going to continue to post in his threads then why use the ignore feature?
It cannot be made any clearer, westkoast and W.O.W.
Jomal once tallied some stats on the percentage of your twos posts being responses to my posts.  40% plus each seemed to be the figure.
Since you need such validation that you both want my attention, for the sake of the board why not do it elsewhere?  Like off the board.

The purpose of this thread was to discuss the key end of regulation play resulting in the difference between a 2-2 Finals tie vs a 3-1 "game over" series.  That the subject title wasn't all Laker p.c. was not and is not the intention.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is Jameer Nelson that stupid or was he paid off?
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 03:42:11 PM »
(and to hopefully turn this back to a basketball conversation),
Thus far only msc has decided to comment on the play that changed the series from being 2-2 vs 3-1.
Would you like to comment on the play?  Or were you unable to see Game 4?