Author Topic: I didn't know the NBA Finals started already.....  (Read 4725 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: I didn't know the NBA Finals started already.....
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 11:38:44 AM »
This is good insight and good to know.  I've been curious about Oden and frankly haven't gotten the opportunity to watch him enough to form an educated opinion.  It's impossible to get a read on a players true contribution from the box scores. 
Dwight isn't close to that level right now (as an offensive player).

Ahh but his defense is worth the price of admission all by itself!!!!

That is where Oden should focus, there is enought talent on the Blazers for Oden to ease his offense in slowly, much like Bynum.

Not to suggest a changing of the guard just yet, but is anyone else as concerned about just how young and talented this Trailblazer team looks NOW??
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 11:45:24 AM »
Not to suggest a changing of the guard just yet, but is anyone else as concerned about just how young and talented this Trailblazer team looks NOW??

Definately but it's not that easy to keep a good team together for the long haul.  I don't know how willing Mr. Microsoft Jr. is to spend like he did in the past and after getting burned once, to keep this very talented squad together.  At a minimum they should keep a core of Rody, Alridge, and Oden together, but since the owner is a billionare they should be able to keep anyone they want.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 12:21:40 PM »

Definately but it's not that easy to keep a good team together for the long haul.  I don't know how willing Mr. Microsoft Jr. is to spend like he did in the past and after getting burned once, to keep this very talented squad together.  At a minimum they should keep a core of Rody, Alridge, and Oden together, but since the owner is a billionare they should be able to keep anyone they want.

Even pasty-faced billionaires are feeling the burn from this economy. Daddy still needs a new pair of clodhoppers to crush the Bourgeois hopes and dreams next year.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 12:25:33 PM »
This is good insight and good to know.  I've been curious about Oden and frankly haven't gotten the opportunity to watch him enough to form an educated opinion.  It's impossible to get a read on a players true contribution from the box scores. 
Dwight isn't close to that level right now (as an offensive player).

Ahh but his defense is worth the price of admission all by itself!!!!

That is where Oden should focus, there is enought talent on the Blazers for Oden to ease his offense in slowly, much like Bynum.

It reminds me of Duncan's situation when he entered the league.  With Robinson playing next to him and carrying the offensive load, Duncan was allowed to focus on defense.

Granted, TD was much more advanced than Oden is right now, but with Aldridge there, the former Buckeye has that luxury (if he doesn't continue to foul out in half the games).
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41