Author Topic: All-Star Weekend Thread  (Read 4139 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: All-Star Weekend Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 10:53:33 AM »
I hate the all star game, and all the hoopla and superfluous nonsense that surrounds it

I hear that...it takes away from serious NBA games/discussion.  I watched (only because I was flipping channels) the opening segment on TNT with the Indian shaman calling forth the spirits to do battle in the desert.  Then ended up turning off the tv because there was nothing interesting on. 

You and I both are very intelligent men (your team loyalties notwithstanding)

::)

I respect that you guys don't care for the game but please don't act like you are better than others because you don't get enjoyment out of it.

Personally I take it for what it is, a fun game to watch.

My intention was not that "I am better than others" but rather "I have more important things to do with my time".

Wasn't directed at you.  It was directed at LFD.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 07:30:16 PM »
I hate the all star game, and all the hoopla and superfluous nonsense that surrounds it

I hear that...it takes away from serious NBA games/discussion.  I watched (only because I was flipping channels) the opening segment on TNT with the Indian shaman calling forth the spirits to do battle in the desert.  Then ended up turning off the tv because there was nothing interesting on. 

You and I both are very intelligent men (your team loyalties notwithstanding)

::)

I respect that you guys don't care for the game but please don't act like you are better than others because you don't get enjoyment out of it.

Personally I take it for what it is, a fun game to watch.

My intention was not that "I am better than others" but rather "I have more important things to do with my time".

The BBS irony!!!  LOL!   :D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 07:39:20 PM »

Sometimes people confuse age with wisdom so "watcha funna do"?  ::)

>:(
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 07:39:53 PM »

>:(
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."