Author Topic: Big Al out for year.  (Read 2403 times)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Big Al out for year.
« on: February 10, 2009, 02:36:17 PM »
Jefferson tore his ACL.  I look forward to the excitement of Calvin Booth getting some PT.  He looked ready to play when I saw him at a pizza joint a couple weeks back.  Well okay, he looked tall. And he had nice suit on.

Could this be the year the Wolves finally luck out and get the #1 Overall?  Naah.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Big Al out for year.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 02:57:44 PM »
Ack....just when they start to look like they are slowly improving as well.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 04:27:40 PM »
Jefferson tore his ACL.  I look forward to the excitement of Calvin Booth getting some PT.  He looked ready to play when I saw him at a pizza joint a couple weeks back.  Well okay, he looked tall. And he had nice suit on.

Could this be the year the Wolves finally luck out and get the #1 Overall?  Naah.

Sorry, jn, but if the Kings don't have the #1 pick nailed down by March 1, it will only be because the refs start throwing games their way. From the last several outings, it appears that they are still under the impression that the team is trying to play basketball, instead of posing for their gum cards out on the court.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 04:34:21 PM »
It will be interesting to see what happens if the Wolves do get the #1 pick.  Blake Griffin is so far and away the best talent in this draft it's not even funny.  But how many PF's can you have in your starting lineup?  Do you relegate Love to a lifetime bench role only a year after making him the #5 pick?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 04:39:48 PM »
It will be interesting to see what happens if the Wolves do get the #1 pick.  Blake Griffin is so far and away the best talent in this draft it's not even funny.  But how many PF's can you have in your starting lineup?  Do you relegate Love to a lifetime bench role only a year after making him the #5 pick?

Why couldn't you move Love up to SF?

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 04:44:47 PM »
I think Love's (lack of) footspeed is an issue at PF.  I think it would be a huge issue defending SF's.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »
I think Love's (lack of) footspeed is an issue at PF.  I think it would be a huge issue defending SF's.

I was hoping that once he started to work with with professional trainers and cut weight that he might speed up in the next few years.  Though you are right at this point.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 05:33:55 PM »
McHale has always been vocal about drafting talent over need, for whatever it's worth.

The one thing I do not want to see is Hasheem Thabeet in a Wolves uni.  Some people are claiming he has come around and is a top 5 caliber pick.   I am not drinking that kool aid.   

Love seems to be working in terms of conditioning, etc but there's just no way he can play SF.   

Okay JoMal, it's a race to the bottom!  "Winner" gets a gallon of Night Train!
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 12:04:37 PM »
McHale has always been vocal about drafting talent over need, for whatever it's worth.

The one thing I do not want to see is Hasheem Thabeet in a Wolves uni.  Some people are claiming he has come around and is a top 5 caliber pick.   I am not drinking that kool aid.   

Love seems to be working in terms of conditioning, etc but there's just no way he can play SF.   

Okay JoMal, it's a race to the bottom!  "Winner" gets a gallon of Night Train!

Darn! Most mock drafts have the Kings taking Thabeet. Think he will become more impressive in the next month or so?

As for "winning" the Night Train race, you obviously have not watched much Kings' basketball this year, jn. I won that race in December and have my Night Train on cruise control now.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 05:39:33 PM »
My bad, Wolves fans.  I drafted Al Jefferson this year, which, with the current global warming trend, makes this planet hazardous to Polar Bears. 

Al gets to take his seat alongside of Jameer Nelson and Andrew Bogut.  And I still have Kenyon Martin, Shaq, Josh Howard, Tracy McGrady, and Grant Hill healthy, so expect more losses to our species.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 07:08:29 PM »
My bad, Wolves fans.  I drafted Al Jefferson this year, which, with the current global warming trend, makes this planet hazardous to Polar Bears. 

Al gets to take his seat alongside of Jameer Nelson and Andrew Bogut.  And I still have Kenyon Martin, Shaq, Josh Howard, Tracy McGrady, and Grant Hill healthy, so expect more losses to our species.

I was soooooo going to pick Jefferson, he was pre-ranked ahead of Gasol, but a last second "Lakers homer" nerve went "pop" durring the live draft and I took Gasol.  Tell me you were not happy I picked Gasol over Jefferson at the time Joe!

Nothing beats dumb luck I guess.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 10:54:32 PM »
Joe was NOT happy you picked Gasol over Jefferson, WOW.  It also doesn't matter Jefferson was the better fantasy player thus far.  There are just some players some people want on their team.

I don't know what I would do emotionally if Troy Murphy wasn't on my roster. 8)
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 11:57:49 AM »
Wait, waaaah???  Joe, did I just read that your healthy players are Shaq, McGrady and Grant Hill?   :o   

Perhaps you should change your name to Team Bizarro.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 05:40:55 PM »
Wait, waaaah???  Joe, did I just read that your healthy players are Shaq, McGrady and Grant Hill?   :o   

Perhaps you should change your name to Team Bizarro.

I read that T-Mac is out with knee problems.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"