Poll

Player who's season was the farthest from expectations

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Most disappointing NBA player  (Read 2990 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Most disappointing NBA player
« on: April 12, 2004, 12:54:47 PM »
Cast your vote or offer your comments.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 12:57:14 PM »
I voted Cryverson.  What a POS NBA player he's regressed back into.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 01:18:47 PM »
Baker. Mainly because I was duped into believing he had overcome his problems.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 01:46:39 PM »
Baker. Mainly because I was duped into believing he had overcome his problems.
I second that.......what kind of guy lets alcohol get in the way of millions and millions of dollars.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jn

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 02:00:56 PM »
A lot of different kinds of guys actually.  :unsure:  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 02:10:53 PM »
O'Neal seems to always be on the verge of disappointing people. For a guy to claim he is the most dominant force in the universe all the time, why he only partially plays like it completely eludes me. The MVP should be his to lose every year.

But since Shag's is an annual failing. I would otherwise pick Iverson over Baker. In the big scheme of things, Baker is insignificant compared to where Iverson stands regarding the players in the NBA. Iverson's me-first attitude belies his verbage about what is good for the team is good for him that is always his take with the media. As a leader of the team, who forsakes practice because it is boring to him, he sets a horrible example to less talented teammates who are not as gifted as he is and need to practice with Iverson to improve the quality of the team. That Iverson does not GET that basic little fact not only makes him a fool, but a self-serving idiot who clearly has more interest in pocketing his loot as to any team concept.

Iverson in a landslide, IMHO  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 07:06:28 PM »
I voted Cryverson.  What a POS NBA player he's regressed back into.
I voted Iverson too. But let's face it, injuries were the culprit here...the midseason coaching change didn't help. If he can get healthy in the offseason, I expect to see a more "normal" Iverson next season. I think you're just overly bitter, WOW, because Iverson was on your fantasy team. I noticed, however, you had no problem with him when he was putting up 35-40 pts., tons of assists and steals in the early season. The beginning of this year, you were telling me you intended to make him one of your keepers.  :huh:  

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 09:54:58 PM »
I voted Iverson, not because he disappointed me, I revel in his failure this year, but because he is a puke and deserves every award for failure available.
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 10:40:40 PM »
I voted Cryverson.  What a POS NBA player he's regressed back into.
I voted Iverson too. But let's face it, injuries were the culprit here...the midseason coaching change didn't help. If he can get healthy in the offseason, I expect to see a more "normal" Iverson next season. I think you're just overly bitter, WOW, because Iverson was on your fantasy team. I noticed, however, you had no problem with him when he was putting up 35-40 pts., tons of assists and steals in the early season. The beginning of this year, you were telling me you intended to make him one of your keepers.  :huh:
He WAS a keeper but I was offering him up as trade bait all year.  Had you not traded Brand away for a bag of cheetos he'd be yours!

Fantasy league or not that doesn't affect me opinion of a player, Cryverson is a POS, how else do you explain his behavior recently.  He doesn't even goto the home games to cheer his team on. POS, plain and simple.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Guest_Randy

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2004, 12:19:34 AM »
I'd say Shaq -- why?  Just because he has disappointed me more than any other player this year (of course, if I weren't a Laker fan, I don't think that would apply).

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2004, 09:00:56 AM »
Iverson may be a POS but he's the same POS that has helped this team get to where it is.  He hasn't changed.

Let's not forget, through the first quarter of the season the sixers were first in the atlantic.  then injury after injury kicked in, not only to him but to the rest of the team.  I mean, Zendon Hamilton, a CBA Scrub, was the first big man off the bench for the last half of the season as our top 3 centers went down for basically the year.

I took this a little different.  I voted CWebb.  Not because of his injury (that's become an expected), but because of what's happened AFTER his injury.  When he came back, the already super-hot kings were supposed to run away from the league, instead his return has left them reeling.

Not saying that it's his fault, but his return has not yielded the gains one thought it would.

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2004, 06:43:21 PM »
OK, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, WOW. I thought you were dissing Iverson because he was a relative non-contributor to your fantasy team the past two months. Guess I shouldn't make assumptions.

And as for Brand, for cryin' out loud, just get over it. You take this fantasy basketball stuff way too seriously.  :rolleyes:  

sf101

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2004, 04:30:01 PM »
Right on JOMAL. All we heard in the preseason was that Shaq was going to reclaim his title, he was training hard and losing weight, blah blah blah.  At this point, i would say he's a dissapointment.