Author Topic: OT - Crappy Mail Servers?  (Read 2085 times)

jemagee

OT - Crappy Mail Servers?
« on: December 15, 2008, 01:56:53 PM »
So

Between work and home I use both the 'big boy' mail servers available in Santa Barbara for outgoing mail, both Cox and Verizon.  REcently BOTH have been behaving really for crap - for no apparent reason and no explanation from either Verizon or Cox...I was wondering if anyone else is having issues - it's really apparent at work with Verizons SMTP servers..

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: OT - Crappy Mail Servers?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 02:04:07 PM »
So

Between work and home I use both the 'big boy' mail servers available in Santa Barbara for outgoing mail, both Cox and Verizon.  REcently BOTH have been behaving really for crap - for no apparent reason and no explanation from either Verizon or Cox...I was wondering if anyone else is having issues - it's really apparent at work with Verizons SMTP servers..

Since last week my PC has been basically locking up because of IE explorer and the internet.  I use Time Warner cable for my internet access.  It's sporadic but I'm starting to get a little upset with my system.  I know it's not my PC, but it's annoying that the internet is completely locking up my PC.  I'm going to switch to Firefox when this happens again to try and isolate if the problem is my ISP or IE 7.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 02:05:00 PM »
Sadly this isn't limited to one computer or program, macs and Pcs, windows mail, entourage, and outlook

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 02:10:02 PM »
Sadly this isn't limited to one computer or program, macs and Pcs, windows mail, entourage, and outlook

Probably your ISP.  It could be packet monkeys, piss anyone off on the net lately?  Other than this board of course......
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 02:11:51 PM »
Probably your ISP.  It could be packet monkeys, piss anyone off on the net lately?  Other than this board of course......

Both of em though?  It's home (COX) and at work (Verizon)

I piss lots of people off, i'm naturally good at it (though no ones really figured out the truth yet)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 02:19:15 PM »
....(though no ones really figured out the truth yet)

Oh we figured out you were a Jew a while back but since we tolerate Taliban dudes like Skandy AND Texans, I think we can stretch our "tolerance" to include you as well.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 02:20:49 PM »
So i was asked to post this - for verison

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|      L200.DSL-01.SNLOCA.verizon-gni.net -    0 |   93 |   93 |   15 |   25 |   63 |   15 |
| G4-2-2101.LCR-01.SNLOCA.verizon-gni.net -    0 |   93 |   93 |   15 |   19 |   47 |   16 |
|so-1-0-0-0.CORE-RTR1.DFW03.verizon-gni.net -    0 |   92 |   92 |   62 |   71 |  203 |   63 |
|              po1.ctn-border1.vzlink.com -    0 |   92 |   92 |   62 |   70 |  235 |   62 |
|              po121.ctn-core1.vzlink.com -    0 |   92 |   92 |   62 |   63 |   94 |   62 |
|                           206.46.229.50 -    0 |   92 |   92 |   62 |   63 |   79 |   63 |
|                    outgoing.verizon.net -    0 |   92 |   92 |   62 |   63 |   93 |   78 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR - 0.8. Copyleft @2000-2002 Vasile Laurentiu Stanimir  ( stanimir@cr.nivis.com )

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 02:30:57 PM »
that doesn't appear to be the problem.

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 02:32:30 PM »
that doesn't appear to be the problem.

I didn't understand the numbers but i figured as much - ah well - i'll just deal with it

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 03:11:46 PM »

Texans

Damn...tolerated.  In the same sense as an unexplained rash, right?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

jemagee

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 03:21:27 PM »
I'm hearing from coworkers that they are having issues sending mail to people at various servers from various servers (including Yahoo)...is there some sort of 'central' mail clearing node that might be crapping out?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 03:22:42 PM »

Texans

Damn...tolerated.  In the same sense as an unexplained rash, right?

I was thinking more like herpes...
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"