Author Topic: Forget gold rick. Tequila!!  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Forget gold rick. Tequila!!
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 12:47:45 PM »
Adam and Eve were not Jews.

According to Reality, they were Laker fans...
No, that would be the serpent.
Wait, does the bible say that was a gay serpent?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 12:54:15 PM »
Not me.  I am a young buck in my drinking prime.  2 shots of patron sounds like 5:30 pm after sitting on the 405 for an hour and a half

As long as your not wussing out with the lime and the salt - that's for girly men

Patron is for wussy sissy drinkers!  Actually Patron is a good drinking tequilla, real manly men drink the $1.89 a gallon stuff.  Obviously a REAL man drinks mescal not the soft sugar coated mescal called tequilla.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 12:55:41 PM »
I stopped drinking years ago but when i did i was quite the tequila drinker

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 01:16:26 PM »
Not me.  I am a young buck in my drinking prime.  2 shots of patron sounds like 5:30 pm after sitting on the 405 for an hour and a half

As long as your not wussing out with the lime and the salt - that's for girly men

Patron is for wussy sissy drinkers!  Actually Patron is a good drinking tequilla, real manly men drink the $1.89 a gallon stuff.  Obviously a REAL man drinks mescal not the soft sugar coated mescal called tequilla.

Don't get me wrong.  I am not a tequila snob.  In fact I like to drink every kind of Tequila I can try.  Even the watered down, 2 pesos crap they give you in Tijuana at the dance clubs that comes from the 'whistle guy'.  There is this place in Colorado I went to when I was out there called the Hacienda and they had like 100 different kinds of Tequila.  Got to try a bunch of new kinds.  Food was average but they had tequila I haven't had before HAHA

The real reason I like Patron is really I don't tend to get a nasty hang over when I drink a lot of it.  If my stomach is padded with a torta I am good.  It def is WHITE GUY Tequila tho and since they dont have their own cactus fields it doesn't always have a consistent taste.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 01:17:11 PM »
Ah hangovers, never had one of those

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2008, 01:47:02 PM »

WUSS!!!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 01:56:40 PM »

WUSS!!!

Big Build and alcoholic irish father - very high tolerance - i've blacked out a few times - but never woke up with a hangover - one of the few benefits from my father.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2008, 02:03:43 PM »
First off, Tequila is for dirtbags! REAL men spend $70.00 on a prime 18 year old Laguvulin.

And we all are descended from amoeba's, who in my case I just called gramps and NaNa.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2008, 02:05:15 PM »

WUSS!!!

Big Build and alcoholic irish father - very high tolerance - i've blacked out a few times - but never woke up with a hangover - one of the few benefits from my father.

Wow, I know an Irish lasse who's the same way, although she has pissed the bed. :)
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2008, 02:10:17 PM »
Wow, I know an Irish lasse who's the same way, although she has pissed the bed.

Never did that - tried to punch out my parents caterer when I was 16 (so i'm told)...

I quit drinking around the milennium - never got around to full blown alcoholic but probably would have

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2008, 03:46:07 PM »
First off, Tequila is for dirtbags! REAL men spend $70.00 on a prime 18 year old Laguvulin.
Perhaps if one is paying for the commercial bottled piss sold here.
Find a family from the authentic Blue Agave area who distills their own and ariva!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2008, 04:03:23 PM »
Find a family from the authentic Blue Agave area who distills their own and ariva!

Its not about how its bottled, it's about the plant.  That plant those farmers grow are sold to MANY tequila producers.  The Mexican Govt actually oversees a portion of the industry if you did not know.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2008, 04:17:35 PM »

Its not about how its bottled, it's about the plant.  That plant those farmers grow are sold to MANY tequila producers.  The Mexican Govt actually oversees a portion of the industry if you did not know.

Partially true, it's also about the bottling, or the process as much as it is about the plant.  All Mescal is clear but some bottlers, like Patron, age their Mescal in different types of barrells to give the end product a distinct flavor and color.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2008, 06:41:30 PM »

Partially true, it's also about the bottling, or the process as much as it is about the plant.  All Mescal is clear but some bottlers, like Patron, age their Mescal in different types of barrells to give the end product a distinct flavor and color.

Does the Mescal "processing" involve peeing in a barrel to give it that "natural" color?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2008, 06:43:15 PM »

I was told that the plant itself is where the 'quality' of the tequila comes from and the bottling part is more to try to seperate the tequilas from one another like you said.

The bottling here isn't going to make the quality much lower if the plant is still from the higher quality farms I thought...