Author Topic: Non-Spurs/Lakers/Sixers thread  (Read 4240 times)

jemagee

Re: Non-Spurs/Lakers/Sixers thread
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 07:42:56 PM »
Do you even understand what you are saying?

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 11:17:15 PM »
Sloans condoning The Cheapshots career threatening cheapshots and the cowardliness associated with Malone and his cheapies detracts from any and all COY talk IMO.

English, Reality!!  Do you speak it??
=================================================================================

At this point, Sloan needs a lifetime coaching achievment award.  COY just won't do, I mean its a start . . . and the greatest thing about Jerry is he doesn't care one bit about any recognition whatsoever.  When asked about his 1000th victory, his quote:

"The NBA is for players.  I feel fortunate to have been a coach this long."

Vintage Jerry, I love it. 

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 01:26:26 AM »
^^ "The Cheapshot" = "The Mailman".

His numerous uber cheapies detract from his legacy of career digits and longevity due to workout ethic IMO.

Sloan condoned Malones cheapshots 100%.  Altho he never tried one on Bob Parish, Larry Bird or Kevin McHale tho.  He knows he'd be slapped silly.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 02:00:51 AM »
^^ "The Cheapshot" = "The Mailman".

His numerous uber cheapies detract from his legacy of career digits and longevity due to workout ethic IMO.

Sloan condoned Malones cheapshots 100%.  Altho he never tried one on Bob Parish, Larry Bird or Kevin McHale tho.  He knows he'd be slapped silly.

So if you apply Reality logic......

The Celtics were not a good team in the history books because of the cheap shot on Rambis.  Red was a good coach....until he supported the Celtics who in turn supported the "cheapies".
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 02:02:23 AM »
^^ Baliff, take westkoast back to his grouphome please.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 08:56:56 AM »

So if you apply Reality logic......

Best use of an oxymoron in a while...
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 11:54:09 AM »
From ESPN...

Jerry Sloan goes for his 1,000th win with the Utah Jazz tonight, a mark that's almost inconceivable in an era where few coaches last more than a single Olympiad with the same franchise. Here's the most impressive part about Sloan's mark: He did it in less than 20 years. To have some 50-win seasons sprinkled in there is to be expected; to average 50 wins over a period of two decades is outstanding, and to only have one losing season among the 20 is absolutely remarkable.

Even with his one weakness -- Utah's rampant fouling over the past few years -- it's possible there's method to the madness. One rival executive pointed out to me that Utah fouls so often that the refs can't possibly call all of them, especially given how the league's zebras are monitored for deviating from league and personal averages. An official will think "I've already called seven fouls this quarter," and the human tendency is to put his whistle away for a while and ignore the serial muggings.

In typical Sloan fashion, the Jazz have no plans to honor him tonight should they beat Oklahoma City at Radium Stadium. But that doesn't mean we can't take a moment to be amazed by his longevity and consistency.

Props to Sloan for the consistancy and longevity.  I also am amazed that he still "connects" with athletes after 20 years.
Sloans condoning The Cheapshots career threatening cheapshots and the cowardliness associated with Malone and his cheapies detracts from any and all COY talk IMO.

When did Sloan ever coach Bruce Bowen?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 12:10:10 PM »
From ESPN...

Jerry Sloan goes for his 1,000th win with the Utah Jazz tonight, a mark that's almost inconceivable in an era where few coaches last more than a single Olympiad with the same franchise. Here's the most impressive part about Sloan's mark: He did it in less than 20 years. To have some 50-win seasons sprinkled in there is to be expected; to average 50 wins over a period of two decades is outstanding, and to only have one losing season among the 20 is absolutely remarkable.

Even with his one weakness -- Utah's rampant fouling over the past few years -- it's possible there's method to the madness. One rival executive pointed out to me that Utah fouls so often that the refs can't possibly call all of them, especially given how the league's zebras are monitored for deviating from league and personal averages. An official will think "I've already called seven fouls this quarter," and the human tendency is to put his whistle away for a while and ignore the serial muggings.

In typical Sloan fashion, the Jazz have no plans to honor him tonight should they beat Oklahoma City at Radium Stadium. But that doesn't mean we can't take a moment to be amazed by his longevity and consistency.

Props to Sloan for the consistancy and longevity.  I also am amazed that he still "connects" with athletes after 20 years.

:D :D :D

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 12:34:40 PM »
From ESPN...

:D :D :D

Or Robert Whorry
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 03:52:25 PM »
From ESPN...

Do Bruce Bowens cheapshots resulting in injury or near injury justify The Cheapshot Mailmans cheapshots?

What a lame ascertion.

Or Robert Whorry
If you mean Bob Horry one knockdown of Stheven Nathsh?
You've got to be kidding me.

Ted joining the "No On Prop 8 Spurs" bunch?

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2008, 04:59:15 PM »
Do Bruce Bowens cheapshots resulting in injury or near injury justify The Cheapshot Mailmans cheapshots?

You mean his slimy tactic of putting his feet underneath a player in mid-air? Is he not quite well known for doing that?

What a lame ascertion.

Huh? Did you mean lame secretion?
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2008, 05:35:02 PM »
Ray Allen was injured because of Bruce Bowen.  I believe he messed up his ankle and was out for 2 weeks because of it.

Robert Horry also had that shot at David West who some said it was 'cheap'

jemagee

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2008, 05:37:59 PM »
I think Reggie Evans needs some credit for his ballsy play...

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2008, 07:53:54 PM »
The bitch-slapping Ron Artest put on Bowen in the playoffs two years ago has seemed to calm ole Bruce down a bit, I have to admit.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."