Author Topic: ANNUAL BOARD REVIEW AND GRADES  (Read 6187 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: ANNUAL BOARD REVIEW AND GRADES
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2008, 02:08:42 PM »
JoMal, you're one.
---------------------

Skandery - I have yet to find any negative or tricksie posts from our resident Midwestern/mideasterner. Is he planning something? YES!! To infiltrate our network of NBA analyzers with basketball acumen gleaned from JV during B-Ball camp. Clever. Now if he can only convince me he actually has an NBA team to root for. I think he prefers baseball.

Biggest issue - He never asks me how my Kings are doing unless he knows the answer will be negative.

Which of the insults, degradations, and out-n-out falsehoods to bat down first? 

Basketball acumen gleaned from JV??  Sir, I've made it a life-long mission to intently listen to everything Joe says and observes about basketball and do THE EXACT OPPOSITE.  B-ball camp??  I can only deduce this, once again, is jealousy fueled by the long departure of youth.  Take heart, o senior one. 
An NBA team to root for?  Not only does that team exist, I remember inviting you with open arms at our fraternity house whilst you rooted for that team during your brief respite from the KING-dom in last year's playoffs.  I'm not sure you should expect the same courtesy, you know, should the Kings once again be uninvited to the annual spring shindig. 
BASEBALL???  The most grievous and calamitous of deceptions; I'd sooner watch the grooves on your brow deepen and conjecture that it might have more action for a spectator. 
Disregarding of your Kings when they do well??  The final injury.  Who sang the praises of Brad Miller as the perfect compliment to Webber and Divacs as great passing big men?  Who waxed poetic of the wonderment of Kevin Martin?  Who published a dissertation on this very board on the mass under appreciation of Rick Adelman's coaching acumen and accomplishments? 

I. Am. Wounded.

And. I. Am. Thrilled.

I tried to be as unfactual as I could in your case. Using Joe as your basketball Maypole was just a bonus.

Youth, I have found, is best served with a grain of humility.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: ANNUAL BOARD REVIEW AND GRADES
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2008, 02:12:11 PM »
Well done sir!  Though I must say your possible reason for my infrequent posting is incorrect.  If "affairs of the heart" can be equated to clutch shooting then I am currently the equivalent of John Starks in Game 7 of the 94 finals. 

Yes, "affairs of the heart" covers such extracurricular activities, though if Starks is the example you are exhibiting from the 94 finals, a tryout with the Kings can be arranged.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."