Author Topic: I would like your honest opinions and feedback on the enclosed news story  (Read 13166 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: I would like your honest opinions and feedback on the enclosed news story
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2008, 03:13:18 PM »
That makes sense. People who are 40+ that actually watched a lot of westerns, watched bonaza, remembers when an old ghost town was a real town, etc would agree with you.  I guess I should have been more specific.  People who are younger, who did not grow up watching westerns, probably would not pin those two together.  It was a mistake for me to lump the general population together like I did.

I meant the exact opposite.  Older people who had to learn things the "old" way, with books and stuff would have a better view of "history" vs young kids who cannot step away from their "virtual" world long enough to learn some of the not-so-popular aspects of American history.  Young people learn most of their "history" from TV and the movies.  Tell me how many Roots/To Kill A Mocking Bird vs Wild Wild West/Pirates of the Carribean movies they have to choose from.

Even in my time, HS Grad of 88, all we learned about black history was MLK and Rosa Parks and what they accomplished, not HOW they accomplished or what they had to go through in order to accomplish it.  We were not taught about the brutality of the civil rights movent let alone learn ANYTHING about the "East LA 13" or Cesar Chavez or Dolores Huerta.  Now it's 10X worse, except for my odest, my kids have no idea about the Nazi's, Civil Rights Movement, Native American Genocide, or anything unpleasant (especially when it comes to US history).

HENCE MY SIG!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"