Author Topic: Lakers/Jazz tonight  (Read 1288 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Lakers/Jazz tonight
« on: October 07, 2008, 05:28:48 PM »
Don't forget Reality, WOW, Dan, msc (Laker Fans) or Ted, Joe, Skand (Jazz fans)
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Lakers/Jazz tonight
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 06:50:00 PM »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 12:13:57 PM »
Game was entertaining last night.  Or should I say I've wanted basketball to come back on since the games have been over that I was hyped.

-Bynum is back and looks like he is well on his way to returning to what we saw before he went down.  A major plus.  Though Phil Jackson has said that when Bynum and Gasol are on the floor at the same time in practice they look 'clumsy'.  Something they expect will change once they get to actually play games a long side one another as oppose to practicing.    Last night they did not play at the same time as Pau went out early because of a busted lip.  One thing he did do while he was in was show off his range.  According to the Lakers staff he has really improved his jump shot and his stroke looks very good.

Jazz fans...anyone catch the game?  Any updates on what you noticed, saw?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 12:24:17 PM »
Game was entertaining last night.  Or should I say I've wanted basketball to come back on since the games have been over that I was hyped.

-Bynum is back and looks like he is well on his way to returning to what we saw before he went down.  A major plus.  Though Phil Jackson has said that when Bynum and Gasol are on the floor at the same time in practice they look 'clumsy'.  Something they expect will change once they get to actually play games a long side one another as oppose to practicing.    Last night they did not play at the same time as Pau went out early because of a busted lip.  One thing he did do while he was in was show off his range.  According to the Lakers staff he has really improved his jump shot and his stroke looks very good.

That was a game?  I thought it was a Jazz dunk contest.  I'm a little concerned about Gasol/Bynum in the paint.  I guess you can put them on opposite sides of the court and play Gasol in the high post and Bynum on the low block.  But those  are the two spots where Kobe likes to work as well.  I hope Odom put in as much work on his jumpshot as Gasol is reported to have done.  I am really glad to see Ariza back in the mix looking healthy.  I think Turiaf's replacement will do just fine barring any injuries to Gasol/Bynum, he's too small to fill those guys shoes but his just right for a back up/3rd string PF for the Lakers.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 12:26:14 PM »
I'm not sure if it's motivational (like the Odom criticism) but Phil is talking publicly about Bynum coming off the bench and last nights starting line up being the regular starting line up because the Odom/Gasol mixture not working so great.

It's still early, and I guess we'll see....i think the sixers/celtics are on NBA TV tonight.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 12:56:22 PM »

That was a game?  I thought it was a Jazz dunk contest.  I'm a little concerned about Gasol/Bynum in the paint.  I guess you can put them on opposite sides of the court and play Gasol in the high post and Bynum on the low block.  But those  are the two spots where Kobe likes to work as well.  I hope Odom put in as much work on his jumpshot as Gasol is reported to have done.  I am really glad to see Ariza back in the mix looking healthy.  I think Turiaf's replacement will do just fine barring any injuries to Gasol/Bynum, he's too small to fill those guys shoes but his just right for a back up/3rd string PF for the Lakers.
[/quote]

The plan originally was to pull Gasol a little farther from the basket because he has the better jump shot and Bynum is better on the offensive boards.  They didn't show them together at all.  I would imagine that it all depends on match ups if they put them both in there.  You have to think even with out Gasol and Bynum in there at the same time they have a lot of length.  Ariza, Odom, and Bynum/Gasol is still a pretty combo.

Odom didn't do ISH in the off-season with his jumper or anything else.  He rested the entire off-season because of his knees and the length of the season last year.