Author Topic: Kings fold in 4th  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Kings fold in 4th
« on: April 09, 2004, 01:09:45 AM »
Wow what a turn of events from 3rd qtr to 4th.  jn how many times were you ready to strangle CandyAss er Man?  Snoop Spree also was pouting and not even trying to rebound.  Then in the 4th they went team ball while Sac??  Of all people Stoyo forced up too much stuff.

The Bibby steal at 1:30 left leading to him missing the breakaway layup was the backbreaker for SAC.  He hits and its 83-81 and a real tight finish.  Instead MN goes back with the rebound and scores for +6 instead of +2.  Kings had to foul and MN hit almost all their FTs in the last minute, props.

Alien Nation really hit the jumpers in the last 8 minutes.  The Bibby steal could have put the kabosh to Cassells night but instead start the Scorpions tune.

Spurs would have been playing for 1st place.  :(   Oh well Spurs need to take care of their own and finish these last 4.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 08:22:43 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Kings fold in 4th
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 01:24:55 AM »
Pretty good game for the most part.  What a confrence....in one week the first place spot has be taken by 3 different teams.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Kings fold in 4th
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 08:11:55 AM »
i turned the game off at the end of the third while the kings were still leading....wake up this morning to hear the wolves stole it in sacto.  talk about a choke job.  good win for the wolvies.  now i guess the spurs can focus on the playoffs.  I dont see the wolves losing any of thier last few games.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jn

Kings fold in 4th
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 09:04:34 AM »
It's not a question of me wanting to strangle Kandi, who has actually had a string of good games coming off the bench.  The real question on last nights game is
will JoMal and Gaither strangle Brad Miller or just hit him a few times? Miller suddenly turned cheap in the 4th, commiting three stupid fouls in a minute and a half, including a flagrant on Kandi.  He SHOULD have gotten a flagrant on the first as he wrapped his arm around Sam's throat 30 feet from the basket.  I didn't like him at Purdue and I don't like him now.

Anyhoooo...Yes big win last night.  I really thought the Kings played great D (not a phrase you hear often :blink: ) in the first half.   They gave up too many offensive boards though and in the second half  the Wolves took advantage of that.  

Spree may not have had a stellar game but he did make Peja take some tough shots in crunch time so I can live with the other problems.  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Kings fold in 4th
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 10:29:45 AM »
Well, at least I won't have to worry about missing the finals in June now. I won't be around that month and for a time was worried about missing the Kings play for a ring. I think they have answered that question once and for all for me.

What I find amazing is the level of dialogue spewed out by the Kings and their coach, talking about doing this and doing that but coming up short in the execution. The T-Wolves just looked hungrier and more determined. They hit the necessary shots and denied easy looks to the Kings. They didn't just talk the talk, but walked the walk.

I could clearly see the Kings putting out the effort for the first three quarters, but once the T-Wolves got serious, the Kings physically wilted under the pressure.

Congradulations to Minnesota for doing what you should do in a big game like that. I hope they, at least, have a satisfactory post season. With my Kings, I expect to be into baseball in a month.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jn

Kings fold in 4th
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2004, 11:01:30 AM »
Well put JoMal.  The Kings started spending more time complaining than playing last night.   Sacto is still a dangerous team but they'll have to be more focused than they were in the 4th last night.  

Guest_Randy

Kings fold in 4th
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2004, 09:29:17 PM »
Well put JoMal.  The Kings started spending more time complaining than playing last night.   Sacto is still a dangerous team but they'll have to be more focused than they were in the 4th last night.
Jn, I hope you were joking and weren't being serious -- the Kings players/coaching staff complaining?   :o   This is soooo hard to believe!  Especially since they weren't playing the Lakers!   :lol: