Author Topic: The Greatest Player for Each NBA Franchise  (Read 4233 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Greatest Player for Each NBA Franchise
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 01:20:10 PM »
That is a good one, Joe.

For the Kings/Royals, it used to be Oscar Robertson, but unfortunately now I would have to say it was Chris Webber until Petrie does something noteworthy and longlasting.

???

Webber is not in the same league as the Big O, Big O is GOAT material for ALL NBA players.  Webber is not even in the GOAT PF discussion.

That was sort of my reaction...in fact I would list Tiny Archibald before Webber.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 01:56:48 PM »
Trailblazers:  Jack Ramsey

This would be Paul Allen

Also no way CWebb is close to Big O.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 02:26:54 PM »
Um....don't thing you guys are totally "getting" my point here.

Webber signifies where the Kings are currently. Close, but no cigar status. The other guys mentioned are looked at in a much more successful light.

Remember, it is supposed to be the face of the franchise, not who was most success with the franchise.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2008, 02:45:07 PM »

Webber signifies where the Kings are currently. Close, but no cigar status. The other guys mentioned are looked at in a much more successful light.

Remember, it is supposed to be the face of the franchise, not who was most success with the franchise.

Then why not go with Charlie Brown?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2008, 04:05:20 PM »

Then why not go with Charlie Brown?

Personally, I was torn between Brown and Vinnie Del Negro. But if one guy epitomized the long history of the Kings' early Sacramento years of frustration, THAT guy would be Mitch Richmond without a doubt.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2008, 04:22:18 PM »

Suppose to as in to make the franchise look better?  Cuz we all know that the player with the most success tends to be the face most of the time....
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2008, 12:12:26 PM »
I wanna play!!
=============

BOBCATS:  Emeka Okafor -- They need some history

BUCKS:  Lew Alcindor -- Duh!!

BULLS:  Michael Jordan -- Duh!!

CAVALIERS:  LeBron James -- he's here already and that's impressive

CELTICS:  Bill Russell -- with all due respect to Bird/Havlicek, I think Russell is tops in history.

CLIPPERS:  Elton Brand -- Sad when the best player in the history of your franchise leaves you like a cheap date.     

GRIZZLIES:  Pau Gasol -- Winning franchies keep their franchise player, Memphis, well . . .                 

HAWKS:  Bob Pettit -- honorable mention out to Dominique

HEAT:  Dwayne Wade -- See LeBron blurb

HORNETS:  Alonzo Mourning -- Although I thought about putting Glen Rice

JAZZ:  Stockton to Malone.  Duh!!

KINGS:  Oscar Robertson

KNICKS:  Walt Frazier -- Ewing has the statistics but falls short much like Havlicek does to Russell.

LAKERS:  Magic Johnson -- Jerry West is closer than most people think

MAGIC:  Shaquille O'Neal   

MAVERICKS:  Dirk Nowitzki -- Aquirre? Blackman? Davis? What are you guys smoking?

NETS:  Jason Kidd -- Centerpiece of their most successful era.

NUGGETS:  Alex English -- Probably

PACERS:  Reggie Miller -- Mr. Pacer

PISTONS:  Isiah Thomas -- I'm surprised no one gave a shout-out to Dolph Shayes

RAPTORS:  Vince Carter -- Unless something happens, Bosh should replace him in short order.

ROCKETS:  Hakeem Olajawon                   

SIXERS:  Julius Erving

SONICS:  Shawn Kemp -- yeah I'm biased, sue me!!  Payton/Kemp were really a 1-2 combo.

SPURS:  Tim Duncan -- Nope, not even close.

SUNS:  Charles Barkley -- Although he should share the award with Kevin Johnson (<-- very underrated)

TIMBERWOLVES:  Kevin Garnett -- by an EON!!!

TRAILBLAZERS:  Clyde Drexler -- Sorry Walton's lack of longevity really hurts him 

WARRIORS:  Wilt Chamberlain -- Although I would understand Rick Barry feeling gyped

WIZARDS (Bullets):  Wes Unseld -- Hayes had no heart and no drive to improve.  Unseld by a good margin. 
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2008, 12:40:23 PM »
WARRIORS:  Wilt Chamberlain -- Although I would understand Rick Barry feeling gyped

Thank goodness you don't work for the Peoples Republic of Portland, or you would be drummed out of your job for using this politically incorrect racial slur my man.  Don't believe me, talk to my mother-in-law, after her bout of sensitivity training.

A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil