Author Topic: Kwame coming back to Lakers?  (Read 8694 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Re: Kwame coming back to Lakers?
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2008, 03:59:45 PM »
It is kind of mute (the proper word is mute and not moot, is it not Jomal?) at this point, but I found it at Hoopshype, and it was written by Roland Lazenby. July 24, 2008

Mute:
It is kind of SILENT at this point, but I found it at Hoopshype, and it was written by Roland Lazenby. July 24, 2008

Moot:
It is kind of IRRELAVANT/OBSOLETE at this point, but I found it at Hoopshype, and it was written by Roland Lazenby. July 24, 2008

From Encarta:

moot
adjective  
Definition:

1. arguable: open to argument or dispute
Whether nutritional supplements are beneficial is a moot question.

2. not relevant: irrelevant or unimportant
If they refuse to compromise, mediation is a moot issue.

3. law not legally relevant: legally insignificant because of having already been decided or settled
Whether he was entitled to do business under that name was moot, because his company had ceased trading.

Dont' make me have to come back in here from my self-imposed exile!
Dan

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2008, 04:20:36 PM »
It is kind of mute (the proper word is mute and not moot, is it not Jomal?) at this point, but I found it at Hoopshype, and it was written by Roland Lazenby. July 24, 2008

Mute:
It is kind of SILENT at this point, but I found it at Hoopshype, and it was written by Roland Lazenby. July 24, 2008

Moot:
It is kind of IRRELAVANT/OBSOLETE at this point, but I found it at Hoopshype, and it was written by Roland Lazenby. July 24, 2008

From Encarta:

moot
adjective  
Definition:

1. arguable: open to argument or dispute
Whether nutritional supplements are beneficial is a moot question.

2. not relevant: irrelevant or unimportant
If they refuse to compromise, mediation is a moot issue.

3. law not legally relevant: legally insignificant because of having already been decided or settled
Whether he was entitled to do business under that name was moot, because his company had ceased trading.

Great to see you back, Dan.

I knew harping on the good old language would bring you back faster than anything except the Lakers announcing they were reacquiring Shaq.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2008, 04:39:21 PM »

Apparently your self-imposed exile is moot.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2008, 04:40:18 PM »

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2008, 04:42:22 PM »
What a bunch of mutts, we just wasted an hour of our lives discussing the finer points of moot or mute.  Thanks to all of you for correcting me, I shall not make that mistake again.  And thanks jemagee for pointing out that I am a mooter, with my mootness.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 04:44:57 PM by ziggy »
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

jemagee

« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2008, 04:46:07 PM »
What a bunch of mutts, we just wasted an hour of our lives discussing the finer points of moot or mute.  Thanks to all of you for correcting me, I shall not make that mistake again.  And thanks jemagee for pointing out that I am a mooter, with my mootness.

Actually, i was at costco buying toys for my new computer :)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2008, 04:52:18 PM »

The truely sad part is that you buy "adult" toys for your computer.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2008, 04:55:27 PM »

For some reason I pictured him posting with one of those Hula Girls they sell at Frys that you plug in USB so they dance
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2008, 05:15:46 PM »

For some reason I pictured him posting with one of those Hula Girls they sell at Frys that you plug in USB so they dance

As we say in SacTown, your point is mooooooooooot
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."