Author Topic: CWebb's quote -- words to live by . . .  (Read 4373 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
CWebb's quote -- words to live by . . .
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2004, 01:15:24 PM »
Right JoMal, most of what the Kings are about does not include the Lakers.  :lol:  Pardon me while I pick myself up off the floor and clean the coffee off my screen (too early for Bushmills) that shot through my nose from laughing at this one! The biggest monkey on the Kings backs is the Los Angeles Lakers, I bet winning the Finals is not as important as knocking the Lakers out, their whole structure is designed to beat LA, it is the same thing the Spurs did in the 90's, built their team to beat Utah.

And yes, we can come close to equating the 2, that is what makes the rivalry so great, well, I guess it would be a rivalry if the Kings could claim some scoreboard somewhere in there. You can's believe for a minute the Kings aren't obsessed with beating LA, give me just small break!
Dan

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2004, 01:53:01 PM »
You can't even come close to suggesting anything the Kings have said in the past equates to the blathering the Lakers have done. That they insist on making this an issue just tells me they are completely infatuated with everything King, even when it does not include them, which most of what the Kings are about does not.
You can't even come close to suggesting anything the Kings have said in the past equates to the blathering the Lakers have done.

Umm, is this like elementary kids having an argument when they say "well, you are too."  I think both sides have whined, slammed, denegrated, etc. the other team -- the difference somehow is you feel the Kings are justified in their pettiness while the Lakers are somehow vilified for theirs.  The only difference is that the Lakers have managed to back theirs up -- the Kings haven't.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2004, 02:49:47 PM »
Umm, is this like elementary kids having an argument when they say "well, you are too." I think both sides have whined, slammed, denegrated, etc. the other team -- the difference somehow is you feel the Kings are justified in their pettiness while the Lakers are somehow vilified for theirs. The only difference is that the Lakers have managed to back theirs up -- the Kings haven't.

Which, for the mentally challenged, is exactly why you have not heard anything about the Lakers coming from the Kings side this year. Nothing. Not one made up sentence or imaginary phrase has been uttered at all this year. Except by the paranoid Lakers, who need to find some solace in getting smacked around earlier in the year.

There is no rivalry because the Kings players, coaches, and fans all know the obvious, which the Laker fans, players, and coaches want so desparately to exploit, except there never is anything coming from up north about it so they have to manufacture it.

Believe it or not, there is never going to be any more crap mentioned about any Laker/King rivalry coming from Sacrmamento for just this reason. We have nothing to brag about. So hearing all the lies and panic from Lakerville is more amusing then threatening because regardless of the non-status of the rivalry, the LA faithful need to keep it going, for some reason.

Sure, Sacramento needs to beat the Lakers, but there cannot and will not be anything said about it for the simple reason we can't say anything about it.

Is this so hard to figure out, or are you Laker idiots that slow?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 02:50:20 PM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2004, 05:08:42 PM »
Umm, is this like elementary kids having an argument when they say "well, you are too." I think both sides have whined, slammed, denegrated, etc. the other team -- the difference somehow is you feel the Kings are justified in their pettiness while the Lakers are somehow vilified for theirs. The only difference is that the Lakers have managed to back theirs up -- the Kings haven't.

Which, for the mentally challenged, is exactly why you have not heard anything about the Lakers coming from the Kings side this year. Nothing. Not one made up sentence or imaginary phrase has been uttered at all this year. Except by the paranoid Lakers, who need to find some solace in getting smacked around earlier in the year.

There is no rivalry because the Kings players, coaches, and fans all know the obvious, which the Laker fans, players, and coaches want so desparately to exploit, except there never is anything coming from up north about it so they have to manufacture it.

Believe it or not, there is never going to be any more crap mentioned about any Laker/King rivalry coming from Sacrmamento for just this reason. We have nothing to brag about. So hearing all the lies and panic from Lakerville is more amusing then threatening because regardless of the non-status of the rivalry, the LA faithful need to keep it going, for some reason.

Sure, Sacramento needs to beat the Lakers, but there cannot and will not be anything said about it for the simple reason we can't say anything about it.

Is this so hard to figure out, or are you Laker idiots that slow?
Well, the Kings are too busy trying to take care of their own clubhouse at this point to talk about anyone else.  And frankly, upon meeting, earlier this year the Lakers didn't give the Kings anything TO smack about.

Umm, what has changed since last year?  Oh, right, nothing!