Author Topic: Shaq has arrived!  (Read 1842 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Shaq has arrived!
« on: February 20, 2008, 01:59:29 PM »
You know a player is big news when Howard 100 news, from the Howard Stern show, reports that today is Shaq's first game as a Sun.

I hope the Lakers can handle the media spotlight shinning a little more brightly on Shaq and the Suns.  The front court matchups are going to be very interesting.  The "tough" Suns front court is going up against the "finess" front court of the Lakers.  What a role reversal!  At least it's not the "incompetent" front court of the Lakers.  ;)
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Shaq has arrived!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 02:22:51 PM »
I think the Suns will be so jacked up from the momentum and hoopla of Shaq's arrival that they will win, with or without any contribution from Shaq.  Thank goodness we signed Mbenga to a contract b/c we don't have anyone in our front court other than him that can even keep a body between Shaq-fu and the rim.  Fortunately I don't see Shaq playing much more than 20 minutes and I don't think he'll be able to do much damage on either end of the floor. Gasol can't do much to stop him, but Shaq has no chance of guarding Gasol on the other end of the court so it should be interesting. 

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 03:13:24 PM »
I think the Suns will be so jacked up from the momentum and hoopla of Shaq's arrival that they will win, with or without any contribution from Shaq.  Thank goodness we signed Mbenga to a contract b/c we don't have anyone in our front court other than him that can even keep a body between Shaq-fu and the rim.  Fortunately I don't see Shaq playing much more than 20 minutes and I don't think he'll be able to do much damage on either end of the floor. Gasol can't do much to stop him, but Shaq has no chance of guarding Gasol on the other end of the court so it should be interesting. 

Waiting till Kenny George of N.C. Asheville breaks into the NBA and gets drafted by the Laker, then, are we msc?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 03:35:21 PM »
PHX is going to lose tonight.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 04:20:08 PM »
The Suns have already stated that Shaq will not play more than 20 minutes because of his injury.

This is a statement game, I hope both teams "bring it".  I think Shaq might be kicking some butts 2nite.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 04:35:21 PM »
The Suns have already stated that Shaq will not play more than 20 minutes because of his injury.

This is a statement game, I hope both teams "bring it".  I think Shaq might be kicking some butts 2nite.

Hes going to try and get exposed.  I love how in Miami he was gone for at least a month.  As soon as he gets traded he is back in 2 weeks lol

I've lost a lot of respect for him after this move because it seems as if he was faking his injury to get out of taking some of the blame for a horrible season.  He just let his "little buddy" Wade shoulder it all.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 04:49:29 PM »

Hes going to try and get exposed.  I love how in Miami he was gone for at least a month.  As soon as he gets traded he is back in 2 weeks lol

I've lost a lot of respect for him after this move because it seems as if he was faking his injury to get out of taking some of the blame for a horrible season.  He just let his "little buddy" Wade shoulder it all.

Speaking of Miami, what did Riley say yesterday?  In the Jerry West interview he said he was going to call Riley and tell him to hold his head up high.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 05:08:36 PM »
I don't know who's getting dissed by ESPN.  Cover story on their NBA page has a photo of tonights matchup.  You have Kobe and Shaq displayed prominently on the picture, then below you have a smaller PJ and Gasol under Kobe and Amare and Nash under Shaq.

Who is getting dissed, Odom or D'Antoine?  Is Nash the real coach of the Suns or is PJ the real 3rd option on the Lakers?

You decide!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 05:19:21 PM »

Waiting till Kenny George of N.C. Asheville breaks into the NBA and gets drafted by the Laker, then, are we msc?

Nah, just waiting for Bynum to get healthy so the young pup can school, the Big Faker. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 05:21:23 PM »

Nah, just waiting for Bynum to get healthy so the young pup can school, the Big Faker. 

Btw...if you guys didnt see the pre-game when they talk to Phil Jackson (god I hate Bill Mcdonald btw) Phil said that Bynum is not going to be back in the time frame they expected.  I know we all pretty much assumed that but now I think he might not be back until the 2nd round of the playoffs if the Lakers get there...

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 05:34:12 PM »
^^^ I read the blurb in the Times today stating he's a little off schedule.  I'm not sure where you heard second round playoffs.  No one knows at this point.  He's yet to run on it.  He starts running in the pool tomorrow.  Regardless, I think they should err on the side of caution with Bynum.  The next four years are more important to the Lakers than this season, IMO.

Also read yesterday that Ariza is waay off schedule.  Supposedly he's 8 weeks away from right now, whereas that was the original timetable 4 weaks ago.  Bummer. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 05:37:41 PM »
^^^ I read the blurb in the Times today stating he's a little off schedule.  I'm not sure where you heard second round playoffs.  No one knows at this point.  He's yet to run on it.  He starts running in the pool tomorrow.  Regardless, I think they should err on the side of caution with Bynum.  The next four years are more important to the Lakers than this season, IMO.

Also read yesterday that Ariza is waay off schedule.  Supposedly he's 8 weeks away from right now, whereas that was the original timetable 4 weaks ago.  Bummer. 

The way Phil said he was out longer then what was originally said seemed like hes not expecting him anytime soon.  Almost like hes not even thinking about Bynum for this season.    He also agreed with Kobe about playing through the injury for the same reasons some of us brought up.  That is how Bynum was brought up in the first place.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 05:40:10 PM »
And just how does Phil Jackson see Shaq's roll with his new team?

"taking the ball out of bounds and waiting for the other team to get back."

To which Shaq responded:

"I don't take anything personal," O?Neal said. "I just have a certain file in my head, so Earthlings must be careful with what they say."

« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 05:43:10 PM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 05:47:36 PM »

The way Phil said he was out longer then what was originally said seemed like hes not expecting him anytime soon.  Almost like hes not even thinking about Bynum for this season.    He also agreed with Kobe about playing through the injury for the same reasons some of us brought up.  That is how Bynum was brought up in the first place.

That sounds like Phil.  I missed the pre game last night, so I didn't see that, thanks for the heads up. 

BTW, I couldn't agree with you more re: Bill McDonald. That guy is a power tool. 

I've always liked Norm Nixon as a player and a person, but I'm not sure I'm down with his broadcasting.  I'm not hating on him, but he's not so good. 

On the bright side, I'm real happy with Joel.  I've always like him, and while it's impossible to ever come close to the late great Chicky baby, I think he's done a fine job along with Stu's usual strong performance. 

I used to play a drinking game with my buddies with Stu.  Whenever he launches in to speaking for another player in the third person, you have to drink.  He does it almost everytime when they show the hightlight going in to the commercial break.  "And Kobe says, here you take it Lamar".  "And Fish says, I think I'll just shoot this rainbow three from the corner".  "And Kwame says, I think I'll just turn it over right here".  You get the drift ... I love Stu  :D