Author Topic: Benazir Bhutto  (Read 2441 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Benazir Bhutto
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 06:30:14 PM »
You fire bullets at her, you blow up a bomb next to her car, and she dies.  I don't care whether it was the bullets, the bomb, a skull fracture, or a panicking driver running into the telelphone pole - you tried to kill her, and the result of your effort - BECAUSE of your effort - was that she died.  That's an assassination.

Praise Allah you are NOT a lawer, you'd lose EVERY case.  You are obviously not a republican either, in the least you are not part of the Bush camp.  GDubb could put a .45 cal to your head, pull the trigger and have the bullet make your brain a cherry slushie and still get off by PROVING that it was a staff infection that eventually killed you and the utter lack of competent medical care was the true cause of your death not the bullet.

Get a clue Joe!  ::)

While I understand Joe's point regarding the designation of assasination in this case, WOW actually understood the point I was making, which was it can be argued that she accidently killed herself, so Al Qaida cannot, technically, take credit for it, nor can anyone else. She escaped the assasination attempt, only to die due to her escaping the assassination attempt.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 11:43:49 PM »
Sorry, Wayout - but even in the case you described, the shooter is still guilty of murder - even if it was the staph infection that actually killed you.

And actually, supposedly, I'd make a GREAT lawyer, if my experience at Boys State was any indication.  I had the top score from the Law School.  However, BECAUSE I'd make a great lawyer is why I could never be one.  Either I'd be doing it for nothing but the money (corporate law or civil cases representing the plaintiff), which would make me a scumbag, or I'd be a defense attorney who could get guilty people proclaimed not guilty - which would make me an accessory to their crimes in my eyes, or I'd be the prosecutor who set innocent men to unjust punishments.  Every one of those scenarios suck massively, and yet that's what I'd be if I were good at what I did.  Screw that.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2007, 07:41:53 AM »
Praise Allah you are NOT a lawer, you'd lose EVERY case.  You are obviously not a republican either, in the least you are not part of the Bush camp.  GDubb could put a .45 cal to your head, pull the trigger and have the bullet make your brain a cherry slushie and still get off by PROVING that it was a staff infection that eventually killed you and the utter lack of competent medical care was the true cause of your death not the bullet.

Get a clue Joe!  ::)
WoW you must like the show American Dad.
I really like some episodes.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2007, 01:08:51 PM »
The facts now suggest that Butto's head moved against the sun-roof handle propelled by the shock-wave blast from the bomb.  It is highly unlikely that a woman of her age would move so rapidly as to cause her own death by blunt-head trauma!  Enough to bruise oneself, sure, but a lethal trauma, impossible unless her autonomic nervous system did it.

It was definitely an assasination.

And if you want to compare Al Qaida with the US- it's true we both use lethal force under cirmcumstances to get our way, but that's about all we have in common.  We don't shoot and then go hide, we wave at you and shoot you again.  We also belive in the rule of law and as a general rule, we work out our differences by discussing matters.  We don't kill those who dissagree with us in cold blood, we don't even fight them unless they do something to us first.

The Pakistani government is an agent of civilization- there is no difference in the potential between a Pakistani, a European or an American.  The difference is the civilization and the rule of law, that enables us to work together and make agreements without resorting to violence.

If Al Qaida wants to be in power, why don't they field their own candiates and play by the rules of law?  Could it be, because they know no one in their right mind would follow them?  They are cowards, because they can't and won't defend their beliefs in the open.  They have no idea of a future or how to assemble a society, or how to be responsible leaders. 

But anyone can kill anyone at anytime.  In the US we choose not to. We listen to the candidates and we make our choice.  That shouldn't be too much for the Pakistanis to enjoy as well- a political process where violence doesn't play a role.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 03:39:28 AM »
We don't kill those who dissagree with us in cold blood, we don't even fight them unless they do something to us first.

Only in the movies rick, only in the movies.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"