Author Topic: Are your teams commentators horrible? What are the leagues worst?  (Read 2532 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Are your teams commentators horrible? What are the leagues worst?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 04:44:44 PM »
What I'd like to do is get rid of the Phila. Sportswriters.

They have been on a campaign to drive McNabb out of town, writing stories about how his days are numbered, blah, blah, with no substantiation whatsoever.  McNabb denies it. Andy Reed denies it. So they keep asking about it week after week.

Now, the national media is in on it. Pam Oliver says that McNabb said " " and He denies saying anything like that.

I'm a Phila. Fan and think Donovan is the best QB the Eagles have ever had, and if Reid put enough talent in the wide-outs they are probably good enough to get to the Supe.  Donovan has not had a good year, and he is a flawed Quarterback, but I don't see anyone better available and Kevin Kolb may turn out to be a complete bust as a QB.

The team should have kept Garcia as a backup, so they wouldn't have been under so much pressure to use McNabb at the start of the season. Reid is good at choosing talent, but is too cheap when holding onto valuable pieces.  Why did they get rid of Donte Stallworth? And, why didn't they even try to replace him with a wide out in the draft instead of drafting a QB and trading away their best pick?

IF anyone on the Eagles should go, it's Reid, but I'd settle for the sportswriters being muzzled.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 06:32:43 PM »
Actually JoMal, right now I love the MNF crew because they ARE NOT THEISMAN, MADDEN, MICHAELS OR MCDONOUGH!  I'm sure Kornheiser will eventually wear me down but I've always like Tirico and I'm coming around to Jaworski.

Tirico is decent, but I have heard much better.

Jaworski??? In a game earlier this year, this is what he said ten minutes apart. "His receivers are not doing their jobs, running the correct routes and dropping his passes". Later in the same quarter "His receivers are wide open and he is simply missing them. The frustration on their faces tells me some angry words are going to be spoken in the huddle."

Expert analysis, huh? Oh, and his high-pitched voice that screeches out superlatives after every routine play makes me think his laxative finally kicked in.

Ah, yes. Kornhole...er...heiser. My all time favorite football personality possessed with questionable sexual orientations. "Who does his hair, do you think?", "My, what a strutting walk he has as he approaches the line of scrimage.", "I just love it when the boys act so rambuctious in the locker room after the games." "He can oil my back anytime".

Has football come to this, where we need to be politically correct in the booth so even pedophiles get to connect with someone involved with the game? And speaking of the booth, I know that it has become the custom to show the "guys" facetime once in a while, especially late in the game, but you miss the entire fourth quarter once Kornhole gets the camera on his ugly face, especially when a CEEEleb sits down with them and they just have to ask them tough questions, like which Survivor do you think will be voted off.

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 01:37:12 AM »

"Okay, let's say you're Andre Miller.  You're leading the break.  You've got Andre Iquadola on one wing and Sam Dalembert on the other.  Do you look to AI because he's the finisher or do you reward the big man for running?  And if you're AI do stay wide to let Miller try and take it himself.  Let's say you're Dalembert, regardless you have to run hard and stay wide.  And if you're Mo Cheeks you have watch the whole thing and figure out if you need to change the lineup."

I am literally in tears over here I laughed so hard.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com