Author Topic: Bill Simmons is a moron  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Bill Simmons is a moron
« on: October 31, 2007, 01:20:59 PM »
Anyone see his rankings for the Western Conference?

1. Phoenix, 64-18
2. Dallas, 57-25
3. Denver, 56-26
4. San Antonio, 56-26
5. Houston, 48-34
6. New Orleans, 43-39
7. Memphis, 42-40
8. Utah, 41-41

He ranks 8th immediately after a trip to the conference finals and a 50-win season. 41-41?!?! You will agree that these rankings are ridiculous or I will fight you.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Bill Simmons is a moron
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 01:23:48 PM »
Anyone see his rankings for the Western Conference?

1. Phoenix, 64-18
2. Dallas, 57-25
3. Denver, 56-26
4. San Antonio, 56-26
5. Houston, 48-34
6. New Orleans, 43-39
7. Memphis, 42-40
8. Utah, 41-41

He ranks 8th immediately after a trip to the conference finals and a 50-win season. 41-41?!?! You will agree that these rankings are ridiculous or I will fight you.

Utah is not going to sneak up on anyone this year, I highly doubt they will equal their performance of last year.  I don't know about them finishing behind NO and Mem, don't know enough about those two other teams to say they will finish ahead of Utah, my current opinion is NO, Utah will finish 6th.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 02:06:49 PM »

No, Ted, Bill Simmons is a perceptive individual who knows exactly what he is talking about

*ducks*

The guy ranked Denver ahead of San An, Houston, and Utah.  And has Memphis actually making the playoffs AT THE 7TH SEED!!  Hard to take this list seriously.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 02:38:03 PM »

No, Ted, Bill Simmons is a perceptive individual who knows exactly what he is talking about

*ducks*

The guy ranked Denver ahead of San An, Houston, and Utah.  And has Memphis actually making the playoffs AT THE 7TH SEED!!  Hard to take this list seriously.

I was just about to say the same thing....

How does Utah turn into an 8th seed but Memphis magically becomes a 7th seed?  Makes no sense.  Boozer/Williams combo is going to be brutal on the western conference teams this year.

I also don't see NO making it to the playoffs this year either.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 02:43:11 PM »
1. San An
2. Phoenix
3. Dallas
4. Utah

5. Blah
6. Blah
7. Blah
8. Blah

There, Ted? Feel better. That is the official JoMal Western Conference final rankings.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 02:51:19 PM »
JoMal has it just about right IMO. Utah is not as good as those three teams yet, but they can spank anyone else in the West in a series. Deron is just going to get better, as are Booz and Memo (this year at least) and if the first game is any indication, AK may get his act together.

Next time I'm in SoCal WoW, we dance.

P.S. Sorry about the "I will fight you" thing, just watched the "Afternoon Delight" music video on DVD and I've got Ron Burgundy on the brain.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 02:55:43 PM »
1. San An
2. Phoenix
3. Dallas
4. Utah

What's that kids program where they use the phrase: "One of these does NOT belong.........."
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 02:58:50 PM »
Heh heh.  In retrospect, milk was poor choice.

Agreed that Utah will be far ahead of Memphis, NO.  I like to read Simmons but it's really more for the comedy than accurate analysis.  Frankly with the Evil Empire II winning the World Series and the Pats crushing everyone Simmons has become unbearable.  
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 03:36:03 PM »
1. San An
2. Phoenix
3. Dallas
4. Utah

What's that kids program where they use the phrase: "One of these does NOT belong.........."

1. San An
2. Phoenix
3. WOW
4. Utah

Hmmmm. I see what you mean
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 03:45:01 PM »
1. San An
2. Phoenix
3. WOW
4. Utah

Hmmmm. I see what you mean

IMO

Legit shot at the title:
1. Phoenix
2. Dallas
3. San Antonio

Playoff team with little to zero shot at a title:
4. Utah
5. Denver
6. Houston

Teams that make the playoffs because the other teams suck with less than zero shot at a title:
X. Lakers
X. New Orleans
X. Memphis
X. Golden State
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"