Author Topic: All I can say JoMal, is ouch!!!!  (Read 3457 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
All I can say JoMal, is ouch!!!!
« on: March 25, 2004, 01:29:41 AM »
Kobe was on a mission, period.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 10:43:55 AM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 07:48:15 AM »
Saw the game at 4am when I was feeding the baby, some late night cable reply or something. All I can say was AMAZING.

Cohesiveness. Outstanding team basketball, if LA can keep up that energy level and play together as a team, then the rest of the league better watch out.  Sacramento just looked lost out there, they had no answer for Shaq.

So much for "they know they are good, there bored most of the game and just turn the switch in the 4th quarter," huh Jomah. :huh:  
Paul

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 08:35:38 AM »
It's called channeling your rage, Laker Fan, something that Kobe excels at. After sitting in a hearing most of the day with his accuser testifying, I'm sure Kobe had plenty of fuel.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 09:43:40 AM »
I was thinking along similar lines. He wasn't sure he was going to make it ot the game at all and so when he got there, he had a lot of "rage" to channel , he was on fire last night.
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 10:43:45 AM »
Kings have been struggling lately so I wasn't all that thrilled, more like relieved the Lakers didn't blow it.  I hope they play that well on Friday against a team that hasn't fallen apart lately.

Is it just me or is Karl moving a bit akwardly, seems like his knee is not 100%.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 10:51:05 AM »
Well, you can tell the conspiracy was clearly at work last night, the Lakers shot 24 FT's and the Kings shot, hmmmm, 26?!?!, Oh well, I'm sure the Lakers were "gifted" this game in other ways. No stopping the conspiracy this year baby, all the right players have been paid off to let Kobe score at will.

And yes, WOW, Malone did seem to be moving a little out of balance last night, the kind of ligament strain he suffered is one that takes many more months to heal than he gave it before coming back.

Lakers made statement last night, they need to add an exclaimation point on Friday
« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 10:52:50 AM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2004, 11:08:56 AM »
Kings have been struggling lately so I wasn't all that thrilled, more like relieved the Lakers didn't blow it.  I hope they play that well on Friday against a team that hasn't fallen apart lately.

Is it just me or is Karl moving a bit akwardly, seems like his knee is not 100%.
I was very happy with the defense and the solid basketball for most of the game (minus some of the 3rd quarter).    Thats what the Lakers needed to do.  I was very happy to see the team gain confidence and the after game interviews with Kobe, Payton, and Malone were a great thing for all us Laker fans to see.  They are in good spirits.  They are talking before the game and then going an executing that in the game.  A good win IMO.  Not anything to beat your chest over tho.  2 games back from Sac-town is really the best part of this game.

Kings looked very tired last night.  The Laker defense teamed up with the back to back really took the legs out from under Bibby and Peja.  I do have to comment on Webber tho.....I seen a couple of plays that normally would result in a nice bounce pass to a cutting Bibby but ended up a jump shot.  Whats up with that?  The typical Kings ball movement was not there last night.  No nice passing from Vlade and Webber, which really suprised me.  They normally love to kill the Lakers like that.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 11:09:42 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2004, 11:15:58 AM »
I saw the 4th quarter, and the Kings looked like they just gave up.  They had no answer for Shaq. HELL...they had no answer for Medevenko!! :lol:  
Paul

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2004, 11:38:40 AM »
Congradulations on a nice win, guys. The Lakers clearly had it in mind to put as much pressure on the Kings as they could and the Kings had no answer. It has been true the Kings have been in a funk lately, but they still have managed to rally a bit late in games. Not this time, the Lakers never let them back in after that 25-1 run in the first quarter.

With three days off before the next game, the Kings will perhaps now have time to address their problems in practice. It is like they have forgotten how to play their offense. After a promising start, it does look like they are sagging at a time when all the other playoff teams are starting to gel. There may not be enough games left for them to completely acclimate Webber back into it and be affective in the post season.

Anyway. the Lakers looked pretty good, but a much better gauge to where they are will come on Friday against a team that should give them a much bigger test than what the Kings offered.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2004, 11:49:27 AM »
Kings have been struggling lately so I wasn't all that thrilled, more like relieved the Lakers didn't blow it.  I hope they play that well on Friday against a team that hasn't fallen apart lately.

It's just one of the reasons i love you.  ;)

Ability to come out of Laker Krishnadom and see the game as is.
Of course it was a good game for the Lakers esp Kobe.
Beyond that, if anyone can't see the obvious of what Adleman has done by featuring Chrissy Webb its just sad.

Two completely different Kings teams since his return.
The confidence has been sucked right out of them.
And the look on Webbers face.  
Leading to the look on all the Kings faces.
Jomal and gaither you've got to be sick about this.

Sickening.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 11:51:04 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2004, 01:17:56 PM »

\
Pretty much thats how I see it too.  The ball just isnt moving like it was.  A perfect example was Bibby going backdoor on his defender and getting wide open.  Webber didnt even bother to even fake a pass.  He just went straight up and missed a jumper.  I was like  :blink:   Thats not kings basketball.

JoMaL I agree the Wolves will be a better test because both teams will be rested up and the Wolves are comming off a loss to someone they shoulda beat.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2004, 01:36:34 PM »

It's just one of the reasons i love you.  ;)

Ability to come out of Laker Krishnadom and see the game as is.
Of course it was a good game for the Lakers esp Kobe.
Beyond that, if anyone can't see the obvious of what Adleman has done by featuring Chrissy Webb its just sad.

Sickening.
Good to see you sooo consistent -- and the winner of last night's game?  Reality excuse #3 -- it's the coaches fault.

This is where your quote fits in so nicely!

Sickening.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2004, 01:44:24 PM »
It was a great game to watch -- much like the beginning of the year when all the Lakers were healthy.  This is a GOOD time for a game like this.  I'm not marking this on the calendar as the day the Lakers turned the corner -- IMO, they need to have this kind of a game against the TWolves and the Rockets.  This game really didn't even bring any kind of bragging rights, IMO, because the Kings just flat never showed up.  CWebb is killing this team and it's obvious that BMiller isn't healthy -- his shots were just that awful last night.  Until Adelmann starts actually COACHING this team, this team is in trouble.  Adelmann needs to wake up and realize that CWebb, at least at this point, isn't going to bring his team a victory and they need to get back to what was winning them games all year long.  Jabari was playing better than CWebb last night -- is Adelmann even watching any tapes or just closing his eyes and coaching from memory?

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2004, 08:28:25 PM »

Sickening.
I can't speak for JoMal, but I'm pretty sick about what's happening with the Kings. Webber is killing this team by taking them out of any kind of offensive rhythm, and Adelman is letting him do it. I don't see any signs of the situation improving anytime soon. I think any hopes of making it back to the WC Finals this year (let alone winning them) is pretty much a lost cause.

I'd be pretty pissed if I was one of the Maloofs, and picking up the tab for this kind of mediocrity and chaos. I can't help but think that some big changes are ahead for the Kings this offseason. Adelman has taken this team as far as he ever will. He's too hands-off to provide the leadership the team needs. I'd even be in favor of moving Webber if there was any hopes of getting something worthwhile in return...but at this price tag and with his history of injuries, it's not likely to happen. The team should keep BMiller, PStojakovic, MBibby, and BJackson, but anyone else should be on the trading block IMO.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 08:29:40 PM by gaither »

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2004, 08:41:09 PM »
Couldn't have said it better myself Jordan. Personally I think the Kings were a legit threat to win it all without Webber, they are deep, talented, battle test, quick, and explosive, their only downside is the same knock as Dallas, no defense, and Webber certainly hasn't added any since his return. This team ddid not and does not need Webber to win it all, in fact, he may cost them the chance they had in the first place.
Dan