Author Topic: I'm not paranoid!!!! Sometimes they really ARE after me.  (Read 1834 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
I'm not paranoid!!!! Sometimes they really ARE after me.
« on: July 20, 2007, 10:54:34 AM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AmdlcQLdqdNoQY4vL_9Aa2o5nYcB?slug=ap-bettingprobe&prov=ap&type=lgns

FBI investigating whether NBA ref bet on games

By PAT MILTON, Associated Press Writer
July 20, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- The FBI is investigating allegations that a veteran NBA referee bet on basketball games over the past two seasons, including ones in which he officiated.

According to a law enforcement official, authorities are examining whether the referee made calls to affect the point spread in games on which he or associates had wagered.

The law enforcement official, who spoke to the AP on Friday on condition of anonymity, said the referee was aware of the investigation and had made arrangements to surrender as early as next week to face charges. The official, who did not identify the referee, is familiar with the investigation but was not authorized to speak publicly about the ongoing investigation.

The law enforcement official said the bets involved thousands of dollars and were made on games during the 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 seasons.

The NBA issued a brief statement Friday: "We have been asked by the FBI, with whom we are working closely, not to comment on this matter at this time."

The probe, which began recently, also involves allegations that the referee had connections to organized crime associates. Other arrests are expected, the official said.

The referee had a gambling problem, according to the official, and was approached by low-level mob associates through an acquaintance.

The investigation first was reported Friday by the New York Post.

I knew it!!! IIIIIII knew it.

How likely is it now for a team (Kings), any team, to soon be calling Vegas home?

And you just HAVE to know that organized crime is more likely interested in the larger markets, right?

Can they go back and investigate the Kings/Lakers 2002 playoff series now? I could accept a tainted victory, oh yeah!! 

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: I'm not paranoid!!!! Sometimes they really ARE after me.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 11:13:05 AM »
If the Kings beat the Lakers back then, it would have been due to a fix.  The Lakers were favored, so there were more bets on that side.  Therefore more profit in a Kings upset.

Nice Try!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 11:47:40 AM »
If the Kings beat the Lakers back then, it would have been due to a fix.  The Lakers were favored, so there were more bets on that side.  Therefore more profit in a Kings upset.

Nice Try!
ppppssssh.   Do you know how the "House" arranges the lines?  It's done so they win either way.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 10:16:47 PM »
In other news...

The FBI are also investigating the free throw line at Arco Arena in the 2002 playoffs.  Apparently it was also in on some illegal activities causing games to be won in other teams favor to feed it's own sick greed.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 11:28:12 AM »
In other news...

The FBI are also investigating the free throw line at Arco Arena in the 2002 playoffs.  Apparently it was also in on some illegal activities causing games to be won in other teams favor to feed it's own sick greed.

I guess that explains why the refs were forcing the arena crew to switch around the baskets at halftime.  Amazing.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 01:17:41 PM »
In other news...

I guess that explains why the refs were forcing the arena crew to switch around the baskets at halftime.  Amazing.

Yes, yes. Now we're talking. There had to be a bribe of some sort to an Arena worker to 'alter' the baskets.

Thanks, guys. That explains everything. This conspiracy is going to break open that series completely!!
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 01:32:17 PM »
In other news...

Yes, yes. Now we're talking. There had to be a bribe of some sort to an Arena worker to 'alter' the baskets.

Thanks, guys. That explains everything. This conspiracy is going to break open that series completely!!

I can see the Twilight Zone episode already, a screaming lunatic JoMal trying to convince anyone in the Arena of the "fix" but nobody will listent and the Kings still lose.  He gets back to his own time and westkoast, Randy and I, all ex-Arco Arena employees, are all super rich from betting on the game.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 02:54:12 PM »
In other news...

I can see the Twilight Zone episode already, a screaming lunatic JoMal trying to convince anyone in the Arena of the "fix" but nobody will listent and the Kings still lose.  He gets back to his own time and westkoast, Randy and I, all ex-Arco Arena employees, are all super rich from betting on the game.

Ah, yes, the plot thickens like a Commie Borscht soup, complete with 'beet' red antagonists, especially Randy, who's evil cackle could be heard in the rafters of Arco as that playoff game progressed.