Author Topic: Kings picked up Moore  (Read 1837 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Kings picked up Moore
« on: July 17, 2007, 10:30:47 AM »
I watched Moore when he was a Clip, not sure what the Kings expect out of him but they will probably be disappointed.  He shows flashes but he's a dumb lazy player.  He apparently did some things in NJ that increased his value so maybe that has changed.  He's needed to put on weight since day one and doesn't seem to do that, at least he doesn't get fat but he needs to work on his physique and skill set.  He completely relies on his athletic ability and doesn't seem to develop any aspect of his game.

Who knows what he's like now but I wasn't impressed with his stint as a Clipper.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kings picked up Moore
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 11:11:30 AM »
Not sure what Michael Moore is going to do for the Kings.  Maybe expose the health care of the Kings organization?

Moore is a solid player when he tries, just like you said.  If he really put his mind to it and gained a bit of weight he could be a force on the boards.  Surely he has more mobility then Brad Miller.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 11:18:27 AM »
Surely he has more mobility then Brad Miller.

Sure but that doesn't translate into results because he doesn't have or use b-ball fundamentals.  He's either flying in for a rebound dunk or gets called for going over the back of a rebounder.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »
Something of a headscratcher, this one.

What I remember about Moore with the Nets is that when he made a rare move to the basket for a dunk or getting the rebound and the put-back, he would run back up court acting like he just posterized Michael Jordan.

...and the hair, of course. Be interesting to see when culture shock sets in also.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 12:46:41 PM »
....oh, one other thing that may explain why the Kings bothered to sign this guy, or any guy, who looks like he can actually plunk a ball out of the air on a rebound before it stops rolling.

The Kings can't rebound, period. To the point of actual amazement.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 02:33:40 PM »
....oh, one other thing that may explain why the Kings bothered to sign this guy, or any guy, who looks like he can actually plunk a ball out of the air on a rebound before it stops rolling.

The Kings can't rebound, period. To the point of actual amazement.

If he would focus and think a bit more on the court I think he could be a real solid rebounder.  He could easily get 10 a night if he could stay on the court long enough.    Although he has been doing exactly what W.O.W said...at least when he was a Clipper.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 02:50:52 PM »
I remember Moore all the way back to his college days which seemed to be a long time ago. So I looked him up. Yep, it was a long time ago. He's 31 yrs old.  He's not going to become a reliable player at this point.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 10:27:55 PM »
I personally can't believe Sacramento picked up a guy who played BEHIND Greg Ostertag - as if their 'tag experience wasn't bad enough.

New Jersey needed bodies to fill their front court, and Moore has a body.  New Jersey wanted to keep him because they STILL need bodies to fill their front court, and Moore still has a body.

And as for folks talking bad about Brad Miller - you should have just offered him to New Jersey in a sign-and-trade deal for Moore.  New Jersey would have done it in a heartbeat.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 10:46:29 AM »
New Jersey just got a body -- Jamaal Magloire signed there recently (good call by the way).

...and don't be hatin' on Brad Miller.

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 11:31:11 AM »
Brad has just slowed down a bit lately. Instead of playing with gum stuck to the bottom of his sneakers, he now plays with cleats.

....and glue has replaced the gum.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 03:10:43 PM »
I'm not hating but the fact of the matter is he is the big body on the floor for the Kings yet they have a lot of problems in the rebounding department because guys are not moving quick enough to the missed shot.