Author Topic: Would refs penalize the 'walking on water' ploy?  (Read 1304 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Would refs penalize the 'walking on water' ploy?
« on: March 12, 2007, 10:57:39 AM »
"The way they are playing now, it doesn't matter who comes back," said Lakers Coach Phil Jackson, obviously upset. "Jesus Christ could come back and we still wouldn't have a chance because we've ruined the mix by not playing together."

Sometimes they just do my job for me.

As noted, an obviously upset Phil Jackson just was not thinking straight when he said that even Jesus Christ could not give the Lakers a chance. Besides the callus assumption that Jesus was 'waiting in the wings', so to speak, to join the Lakers, (side note: I have it on good authority he had narrowed his choices down to the Cavs, Dallas, and the Heat, no doubt favoring those damned teams with the best chance of winning a ring this year. Petrie tried, but he would not even return a phone call) does Phil not realyze that 'His Return' would certainly give the Lakers a better chance then he seems to think.

What ref would dare say, "Pardon, M'Lord, but thouest did charge into thy opponent most forcefully", or "Sorry, Lord Jesus, but thouest cannot walk on air without dribbling as thouest could walk on the waters of the Sea of Galilee".

Of course, the marketing moguls could not resist the sales pitch of "Air Jesus'", though the sandal shape may not fly in certain innercity locales.

No Phil, Jesus would certainly be able to unite your disgruntled individual players, though I doubt that Kobe would readily relinquish his perceived role as the Lord Savior already there.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Would refs penalize the 'walking on water' ploy?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 03:36:46 PM »
Most people in the county ask themselves WWJD?  Here in LA we only ask WWKD? 

Probably the reason for SoCal's large drop in the white female 18-45 demographic. 

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Would refs penalize the 'walking on water' ploy?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 04:37:47 PM »
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes