Author Topic: I can't believe Kobe won the MVP! WOW!  (Read 1001 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
I can't believe Kobe won the MVP! WOW!
« on: May 07, 2007, 10:47:39 PM »
Oooooopppppsss, sorry, Kobe won two first place MVP votes, my mistake.

Dirk Chokisky is projected to be the winner.

Nowitzki looks like MVP

Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic
May. 6, 2007 11:11 AM
Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki projects to become the NBA's first European-born Most Valuable Player and the first to receive the award after playoff elimination in 25 years, according to The Republic's survey of 73 percent of MVP voters.

Counting 96 of the award's 132 voters, Nowitzki would outscore Phoenix two-time defending MVP Steve Nash 831 points to 778 (it is a 10-7-5-3-1 system). Nowitzki garnered 57 first-place votes to Nash's 37, likely ending Nash's bid to become the only player to win the award three times consecutively besides Larry Bird, Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell.

Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant received the other two first-place votes from writers and broadcasters who said they were selected voters.

The survey projects that Bryant would finish third with San Antonio's Tim Duncan in fourth and Cleveland's LeBron James in fifth.

Nash and Nowitzki were no lower than third on any of the surveyed voters' ballots.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I can't believe Kobe won the MVP! WOW!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 10:43:14 AM »
Nash is getting jobbed, just like Nowitzki got jobbed last year, just like Shaq got jobbed the year before. 

I'm wondering if I'm ever going to agree with an MVP selection.   
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 10:51:53 AM »
I can't ever agree with the winner of the All Star Week-end Slam Dunk Championship.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 11:28:26 AM »
I can't ever agree with the winner of the All Star Week-end Slam Dunk Championship.

Totally agree, that is just criminal!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"