Poll

Pick who will win tonight and why

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Spurs or the Wolves  (Read 2802 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Spurs or the Wolves
« on: March 18, 2004, 03:35:35 PM »
Who will win tonight?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Spurs or the Wolves
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 03:56:21 PM »
T-Wolves. GO T-WOLVES!   :lol:  
Paul

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs or the Wolves
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 03:57:39 PM »
T-Wolves. GO T-WOLVES!   :lol:
BANDWAGON@#$*@)#(@#_*
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs or the Wolves
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 04:19:21 PM »
Duncan?

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs or the Wolves
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 04:22:33 PM »
Duncan is playing. If the games go like the other games they have played, T-wolves could win it. Season series is split, with both teams winning on the opponents floor.
Paul

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs or the Wolves
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 04:29:36 PM »
i would say the wolves tonight.  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs or the Wolves
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 06:17:50 PM »
Spurs Brothas et al:

The conversation on Zit allowing a 65-70% flow offense-30-35% set plays vs his usual bullstink of 80% Tim Dunker set plays.
Whatever became of the talk from Pop to open er up?  I did not see it vs Sactown or Golden State.  Especially in the crucial 4th.
Did that pinhead learn anything from the 4 5 6 games they rattled off 100+?

Back to the topic how can i pick?  Is Zit stuck on repress mode?  Which MN team will show up?  Everytime this year they rise near the top and tie or even for a game or two passed Sactown they procede to drop.  But they usually wait till after they play (and beat) a top team to drop to a sub .500 team.  So i lean Wolves.
Give me the latest info on Zit and open flow offense if he has commented.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs or the Wolves
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2004, 12:27:27 AM »
Glad I'm not a betting man.  Great game by Ginob, he reminds me so much of Steve Nash for some reason.  Good game, definately playoff intensity!  
Paul

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs or the Wolves
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2004, 11:19:21 AM »
Has light and reasoning come into Pops brain?  Could cement be dislodged with some flow?

Spurs scoring increasing with each successive quarter.  If you follow the Spurs you now usually does not happen with Pop.  34 4th qtr points.  Key time when Wolves had closed a 12 point lead to 74-67.  Timeout Spurs with 9:59 left.  From there they got 30 more points.  Open flow offense.  Turkey 4-5 on threes.  Bo Horry a clutch 3.  Manu free to roam.  

Free Spursey was Free!! sniffle sniffle.  
(More tech support needed Lurker.)

Rad Nest got the better of the two headed Wolved center of Candy-Ervin Johnson.  Not by a ton but definitely better.  That jumper from the side in the 2nd quarter was sweet.

jn MN need only hold court on their end.  Its not over unless you think the attitude you saw is going to continue.  i will say when Snoop Spreey Spree is not hitting shots he can tend to sulk and disappear.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 11:35:38 AM by Reality »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs or the Wolves
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2004, 11:25:34 AM »
Has light and reasoning come into Pops brain?  Could cement be dislodged with some flow?

Spurs scoring increasing with each successive quarter.  If you follow the Spurs you now usually does not happen with Pop.  34 4th qtr points.  Key time when Wolves had closed a 12 point lead to 74-67.  Timeout Spurs with 9:59 left.  From there they got 30 more points.  Open flow offense.  Turkey 4-5 on threes.  Bo Horry a clutch 3.  Many free to roam.  

Free Spursey was Free!! sniffle sniffle.  

Rad Nest got the better of the two headed Wolved center of Candy-Ervin Johnson.  Not by a ton but definitely better.  That jumper from the side in the 2nd quarter was sweet.

jn MN need only hold court on their end.  Its not over unless you think the attitude you saw is going to continue.  i will say when Snoop Spreey Spree is not hitting shots he can tend to sulk and disappear.
pop allowed the motion offense to work for several games now, the fact is the players did not make thier shots in the last two previous games and played sluggishly.  I dont think pop is the best coach, but i think you are pointing the finger at the wrong person.  Pop did allow the motion offense to flow the past several games, the guys had to work harder without tim and i think they just ran out of juice.  tim coming off the becnh and in the game at all is the boost our guys needed to carry them over the t-wolves.  when the ball gets passed correctly - we make less turnovers - which means a better chance to score.  when our players get open shots by spacing the floor and keep moving as to create space to set up a shot we get better scoring from everyone else.  last night was a team effort, look at the scoring and turn over ratio.  the other nights we lost i think you can clearyly see a difference in the scoring, assists, turnovers, etc.  Pop is lewtting the boys play, it's up to them if they want to play like champions or not.  :ph34r:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs or the Wolves
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2004, 11:33:01 AM »
Spurs3 Spurs3,

While yes Pop seems to have opened up the last two games also, its only since the Dunker injury that he opened up.  One need only check the stats of 100+ games.

Plus in the last two Turkey didnt shoot much, the GState game being only 2-7 and only 2 3 point attempts.  How can that be.  In the Sactown blowout why only score 80 points.  Might as well let Parker GNob and Turkey gun away and lose 120-110 instead of doing the Old Pop Campgrounds in the 4th.  Last night Turkey and all were free to shoot on instinct, not have to hold the ball for an extra half second and think is this okay with Pop like the bad old days of this seasons 1st half and even many parts of last season!!

hey with last nights gameits all progress baby.

Concur tho Dunker presense was huge last night.  You HAVE to play some halfcourt against the Wolves and certainly in the playoffs.  Dunker also makes KG work on D.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 11:34:51 AM by Reality »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs or the Wolves
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2004, 01:41:06 PM »
Let's see. I think I will go with the Spurs by twenty.  ;)  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."