Author Topic: The Wizards!?!?!  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
The Wizards!?!?!
« on: March 18, 2004, 01:19:27 AM »
I was taken to task for my post when the Kings lost to Miami, saying it didn't compare to LA losing to Atlanta. How about this loss to a team that is worse than Atlanta? HMMMM? Kwame Brown took Webber to school tonight.

I know I know, bump in the road and all that jive, but no way this team should EVER, EVER, EVER lose to the 3rd worst team in the NBA.

Notice I posted this AFTER LA nearly blew a 17 point 3rd quarter lead and hung on against the lowly Clips. Kobe had a killer night (11-17, 4-4 from the stripe and 9 boards), and Malone was good on the glass and shot 7-11. But they blew the lead and let the Clips nearly pull this one out.

2 1/2 games back of you Minnesota, can you feel Shaq's Burger King breath on your necks?? See you boys Friday after next, don't blow it tomorrow night in San Antonio. ;)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 01:22:37 AM by Laker Fan »
Dan

jn

The Wizards!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 11:19:40 AM »
"Burger King Breath"  :lol:  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
The Wizards!?!?!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 11:32:19 AM »
Watching the Kings play defense ensures that any burger eaten prior to the game will shortly be revisiting you.   :barf:  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
The Wizards!?!?!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 11:36:22 AM »
I watched about half that game JoMal, and I agree, they were runnin' and gunnin' just fine, the fast break was working real well for them, but they acted like they couldn't have stopped a high school team from scoring last night, Kwame Brown had a monster game. Tough loss, now let's see if they can't lose about 3-4 more.  :D  
Dan

Guest_Randy

The Wizards!?!?!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 12:54:23 PM »
Watching the Kings play defense ensures that any burger eaten prior to the game will shortly be revisiting you.   :barf:
But the Kings are soo much better with CWebb back, right?  Umm, yeah, the record speaks for itself.  As a Laker fan, I am SOO relieved that CWebb is back -- I just hope he is healthy so the Lakers can bounce them from the playoffs again.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
The Wizards!?!?!
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 12:56:40 PM »
Randy, honestly, if C-Webb were completely healthy you would be nuts to want that.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Guest_Randy

The Wizards!?!?!
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 12:58:23 PM »
Randy, honestly, if C-Webb were completely healthy you would be nuts to want that.
Yeah, that's why the Kings are soo much better with him than without him, right?  Remember, he shores up their defense and rebounding and what else?  Oh, that's right -- kills their offense.  (and do you really want to say that the Kings are better defensively with him?)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
The Wizards!?!?!
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 03:11:10 PM »
Yeah, that's why the Kings are soo much better with him than without him, right? Remember, he shores up their defense and rebounding and what else? Oh, that's right -- kills their offense. (and do you really want to say that the Kings are better defensively with him?)

Which is why I said IF he were completely healthy, which he is not. He can't move on defense at the moment. The Kings aren't hurting offensively with Webber in the lineup, even with the recent setbacks.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
The Wizards!?!?!
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2004, 04:40:54 PM »
Yeah, that's why the Kings are soo much better with him than without him, right? Remember, he shores up their defense and rebounding and what else? Oh, that's right -- kills their offense. (and do you really want to say that the Kings are better defensively with him?)

Which is why I said IF he were completely healthy, which he is not. He can't move on defense at the moment. The Kings aren't hurting offensively with Webber in the lineup, even with the recent setbacks.
Okay, that makes sense to me -- the Kings were winning WITHOUT CWebb -- so when he comes back, they start losing.  Umm, if he's not healthy, why not let them continue to play without him and keep winning.  Yeah, doesn't make sense to me either.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
The Wizards!?!?!
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2004, 04:50:14 PM »
Could be because the Kings expect to need him for the playoffs and have to get him acclimated to playing competitive basketball again.