Author Topic: Spurs 97 Mavs 91  (Read 2299 times)

Guest_Randy

Spurs 97 Mavs 91
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 07:52:30 AM »
Umm, calling Elson a "Dirk stopper" after one game is a bit premature, isn't it?  Well, perhaps it isn't when you are wearing those Spur blinders!
Randy stop being imbecilic.
No one said Elson is a "Dirk stopper".

Lurkers quote and bolded part are spot on.
since Elson can guard Dirk

Yeah, this means something totally different!

Like you could EVER see anything rationally when it came to the Spurs or the Lakers!  According to you, Fabs is still a great addition and vital support to the Spurs!   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs 97 Mavs 91
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 12:04:22 PM »
Like you could EVER see anything rationally when it came to the Spurs or the Lakers!  According to you, Fabs is still a great addition and vital support to the Spurs!   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
You should follow westkoast englightenment and realize if I were the coach of the Spurs, they would have at least doen 3-4, possible 4Peated.

Popavich does not play Fabbs enough last year in spot sub duty, now he starts him and plays him much too much.  He had Fabbs and 4 guards on the floor vs Cleveland.  

As to my contiued clarity in seeing the Lakers, what a joke the *blocks* by Ronny Turiaf were on Chris Wilcox to give the *win* to the Lakers.  Being allowed to hack like that anyone could have *blocked* Wilcox.

Ditto on Turiaf over the back *rebound* in the last minute.

Guest_Randy

Spurs 97 Mavs 91
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 06:10:44 PM »
Reality -- you are a legend in your own mind!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Spurs 97 Mavs 91
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 09:58:14 AM »
Flood control sucks!  Couldn't respond Friday after my first few posts.

Anyway, re-reading my posts I don't think I need to respond to the made up girl tangent arguments being posted.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Spurs 97 Mavs 91
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 10:43:39 AM »
I'm REALLY starting to hate Bruce Bowen and his omni-present foot.

Steve Francis starts 3-3 last night and is looking ready to breakout after a stellar performance in the previous game.  Limped off in the 1st quarter with a rolled ankle and missed the rest of the game...

...DAMN YOU BOWEN's FOOT!!  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Spurs 97 Mavs 91
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 12:46:14 PM »
All this talk about how great a defender Bruce Bowen is, and how he gets inside the head of the guy he is defending, and all I think about is how Bonzi Wells lit him up like a Fourth of July fireworks in last year's playoff series.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs 97 Mavs 91
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2006, 01:01:53 PM »
All this talk about how great a defender Bruce Bowen is, and how he gets inside the head of the guy he is defending, and all I think about is how Bonzi Wells lit him up like a Fourth of July fireworks in last year's playoff series.
I still think the Kings are nuts for letting him slip away.  If they were serious about going deep in the playoffs they should have kept him.

Bruce Bowen is a great defender.....who gets away with his fair share of hand checking and getting under shooters.  Can't be mad when great offensive players get the benefit of the doubt on their end of the court.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs 97 Mavs 91
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 01:11:18 PM »
Bowen is one of those players that you just hate until he is on your team.  IMO he doesn't intentionally try to injure the opposing player but to just crowd him...to get the shooter out of his rhythm.

BTW his (Bowen's) major defensive assignment in the Kings series was Artest.  It was Ginobili/Finley that couldn't stop Bonzi.  And the majority of Bonzi's damage wasn't done in the set offense but on broken plays & offensive boards.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 01:13:08 PM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Spurs 97 Mavs 91
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 01:44:36 PM »
...but to just crowd him...to get the shooter out of his rhythm.

yeah...get the shooter out of his rythm...get the ankle out of its hinge... B)

I don't hate him because he's not on my team, I hate him because he's knocking my fantasy players out of the game. :D
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs 97 Mavs 91
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2006, 02:15:13 PM »
I still think the Kings are nuts for letting him slip away.  If they were serious about going deep in the playoffs they should have kept him.

The Kings did not "let him slip away". They gave Wells an offer of something like five years at 36 million...and Bonzi's original agent turned that offer down flat.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs 97 Mavs 91
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2006, 02:22:23 PM »
BTW his (Bowen's) major defensive assignment in the Kings series was Artest.  It was Ginobili/Finley that couldn't stop Bonzi.  And the majority of Bonzi's damage wasn't done in the set offense but on broken plays & offensive boards.
Artest is hardly what you might call an offensive threat. His shooting percentage attests to that. Plus, you have to think that matching up Bowen with Artest was criminal. Ron could crush a guy like Bowen without even knowing he was around.

Wells, on the other hand, is closer in size to Bowen, but it did not matter who the Spurs put on him...Ginobili, Finley, Bowen....none of them were strong enough to contain the motivated Wells in that series.

On the other hand, the Kings were at a lost containing Parker and Duncan, but they made this series much more interesting because of the way they attacked the rim on offense with near impunity. Bowen was hardly the factor he was against everyone else the Spurs played in the playoffs last year, when you heard his name being mentioned constantly with his work on defense. If he got mentioned in the Kings/Spurs series, it was about him being left wincing behind Bonzi or Artest, both of whom looked to be gleefully bashing Bruce all over the court.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs 97 Mavs 91
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2006, 03:34:46 PM »
I'm REALLY starting to hate Bruce Bowen and his omni-present foot.
Steve Francis starts 3-3 last night and is looking ready to breakout after a stellar performance in the previous game.  Limped off in the 1st quarter with a rolled ankle and missed the rest of the game...
...DAMN YOU BOWEN's FOOT!!
Did Bowen do the foot slide?  Again. :nonono: