Author Topic: AK-47s shot  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
AK-47s shot
« on: March 09, 2004, 10:27:04 AM »
WooHoo!  Anyone see the shot AK-47 put up last night?  1:54 left in game.  73-72 Jazz.  Gets the ball on the far wing.  Back turned to basket, Luke Walton right on him.  AK jumps, turns as he is in the air and launches the highest arching rainbow I've seen in ages.  All net.  This will be on the highlights.

I could almost hear the Jazz soundman launching into Ritchie Blackmores Rainbow "Man on the Silver Mountain"  You old school rockers will know this song.  You younguns will have to MP3 it.

What a sweet response by AK who had been cheapied by Shraq two minutes earlier.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 11:03:19 AM by Reality »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
AK-47s shot
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 10:40:38 AM »
oh ok....ummm.........who is ak-47??
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
AK-47s shot
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 10:56:15 AM »
oh ok....ummm.........who is ak-47??
Andrei Kirilinko (sp?) wears #47....hence AK-47.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
AK-47s shot
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 10:58:17 AM »
ah huh...never realy paid attention to that.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
AK-47s shot
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 11:38:36 AM »
I was a big Rainbow fan back in the day. (used to camp out in front of the TV for HOURS just to catch my fav vids.)  "STONE COLDD...I thought I knew you, so well...."
Paul

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
AK-47s shot
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 11:46:21 AM »
some of the channels on today, i think its VH1 hard rock flashback or MetalMania or somesuch...they crank out a lot of the old good ones.

See his shot also.
BooHoo whining Lakers  :lol:  

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
AK-47s shot
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 03:45:52 PM »
I was watching that game with Skander (GenHexxed).  He was going nuts about that shot, especially since 1) Kirilenko is on his fantasy team, 2) the game was close and he detests the Lakers (and more especially, Phil Jackson), and 3) he enjoys ridiculing me about my saying that Kirilenko isn't that good of a shooter.  Especially 3).  **sigh**

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Guest_Randy

AK-47s shot
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2004, 07:28:58 PM »
I was watching that game with Skander (GenHexxed).  He was going nuts about that shot, especially since 1) Kirilenko is on his fantasy team, 2) the game was close and he detests the Lakers (and more especially, Phil Jackson), and 3) he enjoys ridiculing me about my saying that Kirilenko isn't that good of a shooter.  Especially 3).  **sigh**
Joe,

Sometimes your picks of players are quite interesting to say the least -- I almost remember someone's take of Anthony Carter a couple of years ago -- man, what an ugly player (remember, the player who was going to take Speedy's place, Spurs fans  :lol: ).  

Not to mention that Sloan's system has made Matt Harpring look like he's an All-Star -- okay, maybe that's a BIT far but he is looking great with the Jazz (or he was).

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
AK-47s shot
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2004, 12:16:14 PM »
Joe,

Can you get Skander over here?

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
AK-47s shot
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2004, 02:04:57 AM »
Reality,

Probably not.  He might show up from time to time, but anything more than just a hit-and-run appearance is probably asking too much.  He likes talking basketball more than writing it, and his access to the internet is somewhat limited to dial-up.  Too bad - he'd be an awesome contributor and he currently has enough free time to do it well.

Joe

Joe

-----------

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
AK-47s shot
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2004, 06:10:32 PM »
**bump**

Skander,

If you're showing up here, you need to comment on this one!

Joe

-----------